Bones Brigade: An Autobiography,to premier at Sundance

WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
edited October 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Can't wait to see this.. 8-)

Legendary skater Stacy Peralta's latest cinematic endeavor, Bones Brigade: An Autobiography, is set to premier at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival along with other star laden productions. Here's a bit more information:

About the Film

The Bones Brigade: An Autobiography centers on the life and times of skateboarding's iconic Bones Brigade of the 1980s. It will star Lance Mountain, Rodney Mullen, Mike McGill, Steve Caballero, Tony Hawk and Tommy Guerrero. Word has it that Peralta has been working on the film since 2010. In addition to the film, a companion coffee table book is also expected to be released around the same time.

About the Festival

The 2012 Sundance Film Festival is scheduled to take place January 19th through the 29th in Park City, Utah, which leaves me to wonder if any of the old brigade will be donning a pair of snow skates, skis or a snowboard and hitting the slopes while they are there. Tickets to the film fest may be purchased online and prices vary depending on whether or not you opt for a package or an individual ticket. Individual tickets typically sell for $15 whereas package prices start at $300 for a group of 10.

Other Powell-Peralta Videos Out

If you can't wait until January for your Bones Brigade fix, there is a great video of Steve Caballero shredding the heck out of a vert ramp in California with Chad Bartie on the Powell-Peralta website. I scoped it out myself earlier today. I never get tired of watching the old school skaters. You have to give respect to the legends. Without them who knows where skaters would be today. I encourage you to check out the video if you have the time.

Stacy Peralta's Film Career Highlights

The Bones Brigade: An Autobiography is not the first film that Peralta has created as a homage to skating's royal families. His Dogtown and Z-Boys film appeared at the Sundance Film Festival in 2001 and walked away an award winner. He also produced the surfing documentary Riding Giants in 2004 and the 2008 gang related documentary, Crips and Bloods: Made in America. His other skate film credits include the Lords of Dogtown, Stoked, Gleaming the Cube and Freewheelin. In addition to film making he continues to operate his skateboard company and remain very much a keystone member of the sport.

My children are skaters and I have a history of following the sport.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nice! I need to get me a copy of The Search for Animal Chin on DVD.
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    I wanted to be the next Rodney Mullen when I was a kid.. Boy did I fail..
    Thanks so much for posting this.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• jshin wrote:
    I wanted to be the next Rodney Mullen when I was a kid.. Boy did I fail..
    Thanks so much for posting this.

He is still skating and just as sick. I remember the first time I saw future primitive and I was hooked. Tommy gurrero was my fav street skater.
  • The trailer is online - there's also a Facebook page and a FREE download of Animal Chin!

http://bonesbrigade.com/trailer/

(Looks like Ben Harper makes an appearance in the film.)

:)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • The trailer is online - there's also a Facebook page and a FREE download of Animal Chin!

http://bonesbrigade.com/trailer/

(Looks like Ben Harper makes an appearance in the film.)

:)
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Downloaded The Search For Animal Chin last night and watched it again for the first time in over 20 years. It was cracking me up how cheesy it was. :lol: It definitely brought me back to my youth.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Looking forward to this. I was obsessed with skating as a kid, but I never did get very good at it. I remember when I got this deck for Christmas one year, best present I ever remember receiving!
    MikeMcGilldeck.jpg
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Looking forward to this. I was obsessed with skating as a kid, but I never did get very good at it. I remember when I got this deck for Christmas one year, best present I ever remember receiving!
    MikeMcGilldeck.jpg

Sweet - I got this deck for Christmas in 1988:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9RpGIIkfVd0QdE87auQKXNKWVHW8pahqLQ1Um_QPWkIDKM_0J8Q

I skated pretty much through high school (late 80's/early 90's) and got back into it during the mid 90's when I was stationed overseas in Japan. Kind of fell out of it for a while after my kids were born, but got back into it again a couple of years ago when my older son started. Surprised I still can pull some tricks, but it definitely seems to hurt more when I fall...and takes me longer to get up!
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Nice! I need to get me a copy of The Search for Animal Chin on DVD.

Fairies grant wishes. Signed up for Bones Brigade presale and got Animal Chin download for free! Suh-weet!
    MikeMcGilldeck.jpg

Sweet - I got this deck for Christmas in 1988:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9RpGIIkfVd0QdE87auQKXNKWVHW8pahqLQ1Um_QPWkIDKM_0J8Q

I skated pretty much through high school (late 80's/early 90's) and got back into it during the mid 90's when I was stationed overseas in Japan. Kind of fell out of it for a while after my kids were born, but got back into it again a couple of years ago when my older son started. Surprised I still can pull some tricks, but it definitely seems to hurt more when I fall...and takes me longer to get up!
    damn, just saw this reply. I dig. Really wish I would have stuck with it a little more. I have a long board now and enjoy tooling around the neighborhood but it would be cool to still be able to tear it up a little
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Screenings just announced on the website;
    http://bonesbrigade.com/preorder/#!/screenings
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'