Options

Which PJ20 Billboard Poster Is More Rare?

LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
edited December 2011 in Lost Dogs
What would be more rare to have if one wanted to try and aquire one of these posters?
One of the #'d out of 200 ones?
Or one of the AP's #'d out of 50?

Which one would you ravenous poster collectors buy?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    I'd say the AP's out of 50 (or 55) because they never actually sold those.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    KC2917 wrote:

Mine is AP 36/50. They must have thrown a few of those in the pile they sold. :D
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    KC2917 wrote:

Mine is AP 36/50. They must have thrown a few of those in the pile they sold. :D
    :clap:
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    KC2917 wrote:

sure, they gave those out for free.
  • Options
    what is the difference with the AP prints? Just different numbering?

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but the non-AP's are signed too I thought.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but the non-AP's are signed too I thought.

nothing's different about them.
  • Options
    DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    Messenger where did you get yours from, the original sale or aftermarket??
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    DAMON wrote:
    Messenger where did you get yours from, the original sale or aftermarket??

He got it on the original sale
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    kramer73 wrote:

Only thing different seems to be the numbering. All the other lettering, signatures, colors etc are all the same. I have no idea why I got an AP, I got mine from the sale on Maxx242's site.
  • Options
    cojobocojobo Ontario Posts: 299
    kramer73 wrote:

Only thing different seems to be the numbering. All the other lettering, signatures, colors etc are all the same. I have no idea why I got an AP, I got mine from the sale on Maxx242's site.

I would say check your order # - it seems to me that Maxx242 felt bad about the oversell and sold more of his personal 25 AP prints to customers that wouldn't have "made the cut" otherwise (first 200).

I was order #130 and (if all follows as it appears in the Porch forum) should get 170/200 - will find out for sure when it arrives :) hopefully tomorrow
    Halifax '05, Toronto '09, Toronto 2 '11, Hamilton '11, London '13, Chicago '13. Buffalo '13 , Leeds '14, Detroit '14, New York (GCF) '15, Ottawa '16, Toronto 1 '16, Toronto 2 '16
  • Options
    I was one of the many that got refunded, It sucked. Still trying to find one without being ass raped by somebody on ebay. It has become my holy grail
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    I would love to buy the actual billboard, but shipping costs, and warehousing costs, would really be a bitch!
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    The posters should be from the same run. It's just a matter of what pull they're signing from. I don't understand the entire process, but I thought AP's were pulled at a specific point in the printing process, perhaps when the inks were laying down best? Though, it may simply be a ploy to sell them in two different ways. AP2 what?

Do understand one thing: It's not always that when you're buying a print numbered low in an edition that it's necessarily from the prints early off the press. Often times, they number them once the prints are finished en masse, and you're actually getting end of the run prints with the low numbers on them. Not all artists do it this way, but it's something to think about. I don't ever make a habit of needing something to be a certain number out of a run, but I do think prints numbered somewhere in the middle come from points when the process should have been broken in/warmed up.

Long story short ("Too late!" Clue, anyone?). The scarcity and value of the print should only matter at two points: When you're trying to buy it and if you're intending to buy as a future investment. Otherwise, pursue what you like best.
  • Options
    I tried to have my girlfriend buy me one during the original sale as I had a doctor's appointment and wasn't going to be abailable to keep pressing F5. She had one in her cart and still missed out.

I immediately went on Ebay and sure enough there were sellers, although the prices the day they went on sale were far lower. When I went on there was a buy it now for $225 and another for $199.00 with a best offer selection. I offered the guy $170 and the offer was accepted. I think I got the lowest price post sale that I know of. Ebeans reflects that anyways.
    2010: Mountain View, CA (10/23)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3-9/4)
    2012: Missoula, MT (09/30) - San Francisco, CA (10/03)
    2013: Chicago, Ill (07/19) - Los Angeles (11/23 - 11/24) - Oakland (11/26) - Portland (11/29) - Spokane (11/30) - Seattle (12/06)
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    I have a blank block wall in my backyard. I was originally thinking Kool-Aid man, but now I envision "Got Beer?".

Any graffiti artists in the Portland area?
  • Options
    I tried to have my girlfriend buy me one during the original sale as I had a doctor's appointment and wasn't going to be abailable to keep pressing F5. She had one in her cart and still missed out.

I immediately went on Ebay and sure enough there were sellers, although the prices the day they went on sale were far lower. When I went on there was a buy it now for $225 and another for $199.00 with a best offer selection. I offered the guy $170 and the offer was accepted. I think I got the lowest price post sale that I know of. Ebeans reflects that anyways.

That's a good deal for sure.
  • Options
    rickprickp Posts: 219
    kramer73 wrote:

The other difference is in the signatures. Mine's signed with a gold pen instead of the silver that was used on the 200.
  • Options
    oh yeah, forgot about that.
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Gold IS more valuable than silver... :? ... :lol:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    cojobocojobo Ontario Posts: 299
    Gold IS more valuable than silver... :? ... :lol:

I'll assume mine is written in a Platinum Pen instead of silver then lol
    Halifax '05, Toronto '09, Toronto 2 '11, Hamilton '11, London '13, Chicago '13. Buffalo '13 , Leeds '14, Detroit '14, New York (GCF) '15, Ottawa '16, Toronto 1 '16, Toronto 2 '16
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I would love to buy the actual billboard, but shipping costs, and warehousing costs, would really be a bitch!
    Warehouse? You would not put that in a warehouse if you got it.

Speaking of, does anyone know where the original billboard is?
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Jeff probably has it. ;)
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Did they take it down after the shows?
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Did they take it down after the shows?
    You think it's still there? Hmm, maybe it's time for another trip to East Troy, Michigan :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    You think it's still there? Hmm, maybe it's time for another trip to East Troy, Michigan :lol::lol::lol:

I think with the right crew, we can have thing down in no time!

Seriously, at this point they could sell/auction of pieces of it and make a killing!
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Seriously, at this point they could sell/auction of pieces of it and make a killing!
    Sounds like a great New Year's Eve party/road trip :D
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    JMo wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

I've got the flashlights and bandit masks!
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    JMo wrote:

I've got the flashlights and bandit masks!
    I've got the night-vision goggles and pepper spray :D
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,489
    Seriously, at this point they could sell/auction of pieces of it and make a killing![/quote]Sounds like a great New Year's Eve party/road trip :D[/quote]

I've got the flashlights and bandit masks![/quote]I've got the night-vision goggles and pepper spray :D[/quote]

I'll bring the beer :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options