Options

Stolen credit card: CrowdSurge-related?

JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
edited December 2011 in The Porch
This is a bit of a stretch, but I'm wondering if anyone here who's used CrowdSurge in the past to buy tickets has had their credit card info stolen since the "sabotage" of last week.

I got a call yesterday from my credit card company's fraud division about a few transactions that had been attempted in England with my card (well, a counterfeited version of my card, apparently). It occurred to me that CrowdSurge is a UK-based company and I have bought tickets from them in the past with this credit card.

Anyway, if you've ever used them in the past, it probably couldn't hurt to check your recent transactions and make sure everything is legitimate.

Sorry if this is a redundant post or anything, but I didn't see any similar threads.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    its also that time of year, around the holidays when a lot of identity theft occurs. also phone calls may be also considered theft and are referred to as phishing if they ask for your secure info. NEVER give info over the phone. Directly call your local bank branch or toll free telephone number on the back of your debit/credit cards.

Anything is possible these days...
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    It might be a UK problem.
    Last month I ordered a couple of records from a place in the UK and shortly after the fraud department was calling me. There were a bunch of attempted charges but my acct was locked up right away with only
    1 fraudulent charge getting through. I even had some idiot calling my home fishing for personal info.
    I told him "look buddy, that card was stolen and has been canceled so you're out of luck". :evil:
    The gist of the story is that I'm very leery of foreign purchases, keep a close eye on your card activity.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    JTH wrote:
    This is a bit of a stretch, but I'm wondering if anyone here who's used CrowdSurge in the past to buy tickets has had their credit card info stolen since the "sabotage" of last week.

I got a call yesterday from my credit card company's fraud division about a few transactions that had been attempted in England with my card (well, a counterfeited version of my card, apparently). It occurred to me that CrowdSurge is a UK-based company and I have bought tickets from them in the past with this credit card.

Anyway, if you've ever used them in the past, it probably couldn't hurt to check your recent transactions and make sure everything is legitimate.

Sorry if this is a redundant post or anything, but I didn't see any similar threads.

Did you order the PJ20 vinyl from some web site? (I can't remember the name)...someone was posting on here that their cc was used after ordering from an online record store
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Better Dan wrote:
    Did you order the PJ20 vinyl from some web site? (I can't remember the name)...someone was posting on here that their cc was used after ordering from an online record store
    No, I ordered it here and from Amazon.com.

It's possible my wife ordered something as a Christmas gift for me because she's being kind of evasive about the details of her recent purchases. I had her call in separately about some of the transactions that I didn't recognize.

It's also possible that this has nothing to do with a UK-based purchase and our information was stolen locally and transferred somewhere overseas to make up the fake cards.

As I said, the CrowdSurge connection was a bit of a reach, but I figured I'd throw it out here as a heads-up just in case anyone else has had similar problems.