I Won Jets Tickets!

Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm going to the Jets/Islanders game! Section 125! YEAH!! As Ed said......."Go Jets Go....Go Jets Go!".

:D
Gimli 1993
Fargo 2003
Winnipeg 2005
Winnipeg 2011
St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :clap: :thumbup:
  • wow, incredible seats. great game. too bad we lost in a shootout, but man, that was an experience. but jesus murphy, I'd NEVER pay that much to see anything. $330 for two seats? plus my beers and my wife's drinks? easily a $400 night. that's INSANE. how do season ticket holders afford this?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    You do afford them. You actually pay for them everyday through everydau products you buy. It's corporate sponsorship. Most of the prime seats now are sold to companies who give them to clients and employees as perks and their costs are trickled through their products. I will give you two such examples. My former significant other works for Pepsi and she does well with them. Pepsi went crazy a few years ago in the sponsorship game. They actually lost huge money to gain the "pouring rights" in the new Yankee Stadium. However, Pepsi was also compensated with 2 luxury boxes at the new Stadium for every Yankee game (I have been a benefactor several times). Another example is at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo. Pepsi has two suites there and one is directly on the 50 yard line. I have been in that a few times and to express how good it is...Ralph Wilson's suite (the owner of the Bills is right next to it on the 40 yard line). These are the only two places I have been, but I know my former has been to the Patriots, Bruins, and Mets games with similiar suites. Also, Pepsi has hundreds of prime tickets available not in the suites for employee or client use at any time.

So to answer your question...the regular fan does not buy those seats for a season (maybe there are exceptions) but it has turned into a situation of big business feeding other big business and trickling the cost down to the consumer.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    lots of company's have season tickets, but also alot of rich people that can afford them.

people also split season tickets...which keeps the cost down.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    lots of company's have season tickets, but also alot of rich people that can afford them.

I would have to say not as many wealthy people own season tickets to sporting events as you would think. Those folks aren't wealthy becasue they are foolish. Do you think the folks sitting behind home plate at Yankee Stadium for 6000 grand a pop really paid for those?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I would have to say not as many wealthy people own season tickets to sporting events as you would think. Those folks aren't wealthy becasue they are foolish. Do you think the folks sitting behind home plate at Yankee Stadium for 6000 grand a pop really paid for those?

some did....NY has a lot of rich peeps....

i know how it works...my company had season tickets to the Cubs....but i also know people that have season tickets right behind home plate....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

But don't season tickets come with seniority? Sorta like 10c tix, I mean, there are Seahawk season ticket holders that have primo seats, but they don't pay primo prices. Mike is a season ticket holder to the Mariners...he auctioned off his tickets at the FTM show (I know he is an 'exception').

Also, Mr. RK's work built a sports arena here and they were given a suite and free tickets to all of the events. Who gets most of those tickets? The employees, for free. We saw APC there, and asked for another concert, but I guess starting next year, we can only have hockey tickets.

Anyway, sorry to derail, but congrats on winning the tix!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    But don't season tickets come with seniority? Sorta like 10c tix, I mean, there are Seahawk season ticket holders that have primo seats, but they don't pay primo prices. Mike is a season ticket holder to the Mariners...he auctioned off his tickets at the FTM show (I know he is an 'exception').

Also, Mr. RK's work built a sports arena here and they were given a suite and free tickets to all of the events. Who gets most of those tickets? The employees, for free. We saw APC there, and asked for another concert, but I guess starting next year, we can only have hockey tickets.

There is definately a hierarchy of tickets. The more a company pays the better the suite. And then also, th emore importnat a client or empluee you are, the better the tickets to that game.
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    That's GREAT!!!! Have a BLAST!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

There is definately a hierarchy of tickets. The more a company pays the better the suite. And then also, th emore importnat a client or empluee you are, the better the tickets to that game.

The arena 'gifted' the suite to the company, they don't pay for anything, they only built the place...so it's not a primo suite.

But I have also been to a corporate suite at Safeco...THAT was nice.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    The arena 'gifted' the suite to the company, they don't pay for anything, they only built the place...so it's not a primo suite.

But I have also been to a corporate suite at Safeco...THAT was nice.

I'm sure that was all figured in the total cost of the complex. Now the construction company can bring prospective clients to a game and have a nice suite and say "see...we built all of this...now give us your business too".