Loops

peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
edited December 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
God I hate them. The pedals and computer programs.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    I would say i agree...but I saw Liam Finn put that shit to good use.. :D He is amazing.
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    MedozK wrote:
    I would say i agree...but I saw Liam Finn put that shit to good use.. :D He is amazing.

A mad man!
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Loops can be brilliant.

Exhibit A.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xANiW9yW ... ure=fvwrel
  • exhausted wrote:

Not a fan.
    That's cool. It's not like anyone's going to change your mind.

Exhibit B. The aforementioned young Finn:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV01Iyj2 ... re=related
  • exhausted wrote:

That was killer. And on a side note, not enough bands cover the Jackson 5.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • For myself I won't use loops, but I respect them more and more. Liam Finn is insane live, as the one man band like in Exhausted's post, or with the drummer and bass player set up he did on the latest tour.

There is a place for everything in this world. It's okay not to like all of it.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• For myself I won't use loops, but I respect them more and more. Liam Finn is insane live, as the one man band like in Exhausted's post, or with the drummer and bass player set up he did on the latest tour.

I guess where it bugs me the most is when I see it live. I saw Bon Iver last week and there are 9 guys on stage. They are all multi-instrumentalists. A loop wouldn't be as enjoyable to me. I'm too used to playing with super cheesy loops that it makes me wonder why it's even playing.

Hey, thanks for your input everyone.
    If it was some guy just playing along to backing tracks loaded into a looper then it would be a different story but the folks creating loops and layers in real time are quite entertaining. It wouldn't work for every song for two hours but used tastefully I think it's cool. It takes quite a bit of skill to do well.

I guess where it bugs me the most is when I see it live. I saw Bon Iver last week and there are 9 guys on stage. They are all multi-instrumentalists. A loop wouldn't be as enjoyable to me. I'm too used to playing with super cheesy loops that it makes me wonder why it's even playing.

In that situation I would be completely offended. 9 guys on stage, and there are still loops, yikes!

• exhausted wrote:
    If it was some guy just playing along to backing tracks loaded into a looper then it would be a different story but the folks creating loops and layers in real time are quite entertaining. It wouldn't work for every song for two hours but used tastefully I think it's cool. It takes quite a bit of skill to do well.

I agree with the tastefully over a course of two hours. I think if it was the same thing each song for two hours I would get board.

My issue with most rap is the live aspect is usually to a background track. And that's boring. I prefer the live back up band situation.

In that situation I would be completely offended. 9 guys on stage, and there are still loops, yikes!

yeah there weren't any. Just a lot of shit going on at the same time. I highly recommend going to a Bon Iver show. Much more intense than the albums.
  • exhausted wrote:

Try having a loop and playing with a full band so the keyboardist doesn't have to play the "hard" parts. It's disgusting.