Options

Listening to 'The Experiment' (Mansfield)...

2»

Comments

• Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    still in shock Glorified G wasn't the last song, instead YL got repeated to tell people to go home.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    By the end of the third show I could not think of another song that they could have played.

Last Exit

:)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Would Have Been Better If They Had Played Leash & Deep in the PreSet.
    :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 235
    PJ88 wrote:
    Rambis35 wrote:
    Getting to see all three shows of "The Experiment" was such an amazing experience. I'll never forget Eddie announcing the band's plan to play 105 songs in three shows. Luckily enough, there were tickets available for night three after the first show. What a summer!

I absolutly agree! Saw all three myself and I still can not believe how easy it was to pick up tickets for the third show. When I heard that the band was going to start the night out acoustically, for night 3, I knew it was going to be an amazing night. What a set of shows they were too!

Being able to re-live these three shows is another reason Pearl Jam's decision to release live bootlegs. As great as my memories are, there's something cool about actually listening to these shows whenever I want to.
  • Options
    DazzlerDazzler Grimsby, UK Posts: 109
    Great setlists for all 3 nights!

Acoustic pre-set has quite a few mistakes though but All Those Yesterdays was a great addition and Dissident from night 1 is superb! Best vocal at the end of that song that I've heard (escape is never the safest path, high note, not spoken word)

Last Exit, Glorified G and Red Mosquito were the only songs from that tour that didn't get played across these 3 nights and Wash was pemiered on this tour 2 shows later and was played again at the last show of the tour in Mexico.
    Great shows in 2003!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,255
    The thing I always wondered about these shows was why did they pkay 2 nights in a row at the same venue, then go elsewhere then come back to the same venue a week later? I'm sure there is a good answer that I just never have known, but I've never seen another tour in my life do that.
    I think the 7/11 was an add in after Ed said he wanted to play every song in the pearl jam catalog.
    7/11 wasn't added for the experiment, just because of high demand...

7/2 went onsale on whatever the Saturday was (in like March I think) at 10 AM and 7/3 was a classic "rollover" show that went onsale as soon as 7/2 sold out (which was almost immediate as 10c already had most of the pavilion seats spoken for), so 7/3 hit ticketmaster at like 10:20 the same morning. When that sold out, the powers that be decided demand for a 3rd show was there, so it was added for the 11th a week or 2 later (Camden and MSG were already on the itinerary, so the only option was to play on the 4th then play 5th and 6th in Camden, obviously not gonna happen or come back after MSG).

The notion of the experiment came up later, during the tour Ed was taliking to fans before a show (for some reason I think it was Toronto, I'm sure someone with a clearer memory will know for sure) and mentioned trying to play all the songs from the tour in one place, and since Mansfield had 3 dates it made sense...rumors started swirling and he made mention of it on stage on 7/2.
    First people thought he meant playing every song in the catalog, but he clarified it was just every song they had played on the tour which was about 105 songs (they still missed a few even with the preset, but they came close)...and the preset didn't officially materialize till after the first 2 shows...it started as a rumor on the radio and there were some folks (non die hards) who had tix who had no clue it even was taking place.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,255
    BinFrog wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:
    ...God that acoustic set is just so awesome

Yeah, it was. When the pre-set started, the place was nearly empty. We had 20th row dead center seats, and the seats in front of us were probably 80% empty going up to the stage.
    Thats funny, I was probably right behind you, had 21st row dead center. Was in 2B for 7/2 (10c seats), 2K on 7/3 and 2W on 7/11.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Hands down best version of Long Road ever. I almost cringe when I hear any other version of it, because they just don't compare.