Options

EDIT - I am NOT about to drop $200 on Lost Dogs Vinyl

F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
edited December 2011 in Lost Dogs
I am about to purchase a sealed copy of Lost Dogs Vinyl for $200...
Can anyone tell me if this is a fair price? Or should I keep looking?
If anybody wants to offer a better deal, I'll take it.

Or, I can offer a sealed PJ20 vinyl in trade.

**EDIT**
I have been advised against this.. I'll wait for a better price or fair trade from someone else.
EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
East Troy 9/3/11
East Troy 9/4/11
Amsterdam 6/26/12
Amsterdam 6/27/12
Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
Worcester, MA 10/15/13
Worcester, MA 10/16/13
Hartford, CT 10/25/13
Seattle, WA 12/06/13
Denver, CO 10/22/14
Fenway 2016 #1
Fenway 2016 #2
Fenway 2018 #1
Fenway 2018 #2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    its expensive
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    its expensive
    didn't you find one for a holy grail for someone kind of recently and it went for close to $200? I actually think that is about the going rate, but I could be compeltely wrong. Maybe it was a Live on 2 Legs
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Always figured when I add this one, its gonna cost me about 2 bills.
    Same for Rearview.

I think PJ20 will top these one day, and be close to og ITW- $300 or so.

Guess we still don't know the release number tho..
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Again, a word of advice that you can't always trust the opinions of others. That includes sellers of merch or those who state you'd pay too much. The latter of those may very well just want to remove you from the equation in trying to obtain it themselves. If you have to have Lost Dogs at no end, and the $200 won't set you back, then go for it. Do what matters most to you, and do it when and while you can.

Just don't ever blindly trust anyone's opinion without doing your own research too.
  • Options
    I also thought the going rate for this was between 180-200. Don't remember the last time I saw one go for less
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Be patient. Last month, I got Binaural from ebay for $110. It was opened and had a little wear, but too good to pass up at that price.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Be patient. Last month, I got Binaural from ebay for $110. It was opened and had a little wear, but too good to pass up at that price.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    its expensive
    didn't you find one for a holy grail for someone kind of recently and it went for close to $200? I actually think that is about the going rate, but I could be compeltely wrong. Maybe it was a Live on 2 Legs
    roger,when u searc for a vinyl,you dont buy the first u will offered...you searc,open a thread....etc..
    i think that happens for exable at holy grails.. :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Depends on the conditoin. I paid $180 for an unsealed one in beautiful condition and was very happy. But that had zero scuffs or dings on the jacket and just two uber-light surface "scratches" on one side only. So I figure 180-200 is maybe a near-mint price...? I doubt you'd find a sealed one for $200...? I am far from an expert though :oops:

But the above post gives very good advice. If you are in no hurry, and can wait it out, great deals often present themselves.

Edit: Oh a SEALED copy! I think thats a good price but again, I am not one to take advice from... :oops:
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    They have this is a record store in West London (England) and it's GBP 85, which equates to $132.

It is not sealed, however. Said it was in very good condition, but I didn't look at it, as I wasn't interested it.
  • Options
    I bought a sealed mint one on ebay about 1 month ago for 167.50. So you just have to look around and find the right one.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I am about to purchase a sealed copy of Lost Dogs Vinyl for $200...
    Can anyone tell me if this is a fair price? Or should I keep looking?
    If anybody wants to offer a better deal, I'll take it.

Or, I can offer a sealed PJ20 vinyl in trade.

**EDIT**
    I have been advised against this.. I'll wait for a better price or fair trade from someone else.

It is expensive, but I think it's fair, I paid 143 USD for it over 2 years ago, it was factory sealed, it was expensive back then, but now they are around or over 200, so it is up to you how important is to have that in your collection, have you thought of a trade with someone?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    I payed $200 for mine, sealed, on ebay about a month ago. I'm happy i got mine when i did for the price i shelled out. It's only going to increase in value.
    As for the PJ20 vinyl becoming more valuable then the likes of lost dogs! I say thats just crazy. Lost dogs songlist is far superior to PJ20s' songlist. PJ20 vinyl does not sound as great as people think: a bunch of random subpar live takes and lame demos; more ear-aching then good. Lost Dogs is totally worth that price!
  • Options
    I payed $200 for mine, sealed, on ebay about a month ago. I'm happy i got mine when i did for the price i shelled out. It's only going to increase in value.
    As for the PJ20 vinyl becoming more valuable then the likes of lost dogs! I say thats just crazy. Lost dogs songlist is far superior to PJ20s' songlist. PJ20 vinyl does not sound as great as people think: a bunch of random subpar live takes and lame demos; more ear-aching then good. Lost Dogs is totally worth that price!

Maybe, but I think it has more to do with production numbers of the vinyls vs. demand, than the song list or even the quality of sound vs other releases. Also, if I just wanted great sounding versions of the songs, I'd buy the cd- i pay out the wazoo for the vinyls because I like the "package" that a record is.

So until we know the exact number of pressings, the value of PJ20 will be hard to gauge. But if FANS are buying it for $150 on ebay now, they are NOT going to be quick to let it go for $200- its just not worth it if you ejoy the record.

I have one, and i wouldn't sell it for $250, right now.
  • Options
    I agree with the idea of Lost Dogs, containing studio mixes of unreleased or rare tracks, being essential to anyone's collection. PJ20 on the other hand is well and fine, If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with Lost Dogs in a heartbeat. Both are over priced IMO though so...I'm glad that I've done nothing to help this topic 8-)