Options

flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
edited December 2011 in Lost Dogs
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,677
    sorry to crash your thread here.. and sorry about being an ass...

I don't know Neil personally... but I have a strong suspicion that he did not sign your album with the hopes you would later sell it off for huge mark up.

And I can only speak for myself.. but if I met Neil and he signed my copy of Everybody Knows..... I would cherish that fuckin thing til I died. But that's just me :)

That said.... there are folks who will likely be interested in this.

Cheers
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Not sure we can judge someones situation. Perhaps they need the cash for more important things.

The item has value. If someone want's to buy it then that makes two happy people.

I remember Harrison Ford got pissed about autograph 'merchants' trying to get his autograph to sell. I understand that POV, but also there are thousands of people who would like to have Harrison Ford's autograph who will never have a chance to meet him.

For all those people who have the chance to purchase the signature from an 'autograph hound'. I say more power to them all.

Weird perspective I know, but one I've grown to believe in.
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I know i'd never sell it. He's the one musician i'd love to meet more than anyone else.

That being said, Harrison Ford needs to get with reality. He's beyond rich and to take issue with people selling his autograph for a few pennies comparatively...that's silly.
  • Options
    Nice. Would love to see a pic....

I think its great that someone would want to sell something like this- if you don't enjoy it as much as you used to, or whatever- let it be new to someone else.

And get every dime you can for it. This is not an unreasonable price anyways...

...and to the "I don't know Neil personally, but I know he didn't sign your album so you could profit from it" crowd---

...so LAME...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

Not totally unreasonable, but $350 for a Neil Young autograph a little seems steep to me. One on ebay right now with a starting bid of $250 with no takers.

If Harrison Ford needs a reality check, EV should do the same. I don't remember any Ford movies metaphorically railing against autograph hounds.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Not totally unreasonable, but $350 for a Neil Young autograph a little seems steep to me. One on ebay right now with a starting bid of $250 with no takers.

If Harrison Ford needs a reality check, EV should do the same. I don't remember any Ford movies metaphorically railing against autograph hounds.

Was there something in PJ20 about that?
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

I believe Harrisson actually did an interview on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f1mSfF1D0w
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    DewieCox wrote:

Nah...it's what Hitchhiker is about. I guess I should've made more past tense with EV. Doesn't seem to bothered by the fame thing as much nowadays. Then again, I think "hitchhikers" probably have bigger fish to fry.
  • Options
    Oh yeah- Ed called them "blue-penners" or something b/c of the blue sharpies...

I always thought, if I ever get to meet the guys- don't have a blue sharpie...