RIP Vaclav Havel

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,708
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
A great statesman has passed.

Vaclav Havel once said, "hope in not the conviction that things will turn out well, but the conviction that what you are doing makes sense, no matter how things turn out."

http://news.yahoo.com/former-czech-pres ... 58479.html
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    Clearly one of the greatest personalities of our times. True loss to the world of sanity.
    He will be remembered.
    R.I.P. Pane Vaclavé!
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • 7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    Wonderful beautiful statement on hope.

Inspired me to share this thought.

Reminds me that your life is the sum of doing the best work with what we're given "here."

Laughingly, in brevity, if you believe in re-incarnation you know your coming back to be birthed here again and you would definitely want to make sure it isnt a shithole, when youre thrown back, cause yah have to live in it AGAIN! A-ha! :idea: See then thats your spiritual freedom or chain ... I guess, I wouldnt mind being birthed or manifest into a "heaven" created collectively by those who are on the same wave length. You cannot hold keys of the limitless "heavens" unless you know how to manage yourself here in this zoo.

Its just my belief we are at our lowest selves here ascending.

Make sense?

So in death, we are remembered for these great triumphs of spirit and mind and best deeds.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,708
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• 7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    Wasnt it? I thought it was also a nice commentary about fighting for things you believe in, squashed hopes and keep going, reguardless.

There is a difference of talking the talk and walking the walk and walking what you talk. ;)