Options

Collection insurance. ???

DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
edited December 2011 in Lost Dogs
With all the craziness of this PJ20 print, and everything else that people have been collecting. Are any of you insuring your collections? Something I'm considering as of late when I realize the dollar value it's getting too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Duncs wrote:
    With all the craziness of this PJ20 print, and everything else that people have been collecting. Are any of you insuring your collections? Something I'm considering as of late when I realize the dollar value it's getting too.

This is a great fucking idea....
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Homeowners insurance fellas. Call your agent today!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    Or renters but you would have to declare a value on it before some thing happens!!!!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    That's no prob. With the bat shit crazy offers on this page, I set it at $1 billion. That way I can keep up around here. Hahaaaa!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Yep, it's covered under homeowner's insurance but you do need to document it all. Expressobeans.com is great for your poster collection, otherwise, excel and send it to your insurance agent. :) Also, you do need to make sure you do have enough coverage. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    wolfbear wrote:
    Yep, it's covered under homeowner's insurance but you do need to document it all. Expressobeans.com is great for your poster collection, otherwise, excel and send it to your insurance agent. :) Also, you do need to make sure you do have enough coverage. :)
    When I got renters insurance, picking an amount of coverage was difficult.. until they told me how cheap it was every year.. I am covered for shit I don't even have yet..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    When I got renters insurance, picking an amount of coverage was difficult.. until they told me how cheap it was every year.. I am covered for shit I don't even have yet..
    I know! But, renter's insurance sure varies state to state. It's insane. :(
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    In all seriousness, I have a lot of posters and some vinyl but I'm renting. Insurance is something I have actually been wondering about.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    eldarion75 wrote:
    In all seriousness, I have a lot of posters and some vinyl but I'm renting. Insurance is something I have actually been wondering about.
    Look in to it.. I got 40,000 worth of coverage for next to nothing a year.. It is so worth it.. If there was a fire, how much would it take to replace everything? WAY more than you would pay for even ten or twenty years of insurance..

***edit** and when I say everything I mean clothes, furniture, electronics, etc.. walk around and try and put a price on it all..
    Post edited by CAVSTARR313 on
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    So, you do need to be insured. Check into renter's insurance. In some states it's cheap and in others almost non existent. But, what you can do is fully document your stuff...either with photos, excel, etc. That will certainly help should anything happen. :)
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    I'm actually in Ireland, where sadly, we have the only unregulated insurance industry in the whole world. They literally make up their own rules and next to never pay out when it comes to it. But I still am gonna have to look at it. Last place I lived some stuff got water damaged via damp which I was unaware of til too late. I check everything regularly these days.
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    I'm actually in Ireland, where sadly, we have the only unregulated insurance industry in the whole world. They literally make up their own rules and next to never pay out when it comes to it. But I still am gonna have to look at it. Last place I lived some stuff got water damaged via damp which I was unaware of til too late. I check everything regularly these days.
    You could always send all of your PJ stuff to me.. and it would be insured :D
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Wow, sorry. :( But, documentation is everything with any insurance, so get busy! haha :)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    That's no prob. With the bat shit crazy offers on this page, I set it at $1 billion. That way I can keep up around here. Hahaaaa!!!

Hahahaha!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    yep there is..joe has one ..
    but im not sure in Greece i can find this thing..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    How do you put a dollar value on naked pictures (tastefully done) of Speedy McCready riding a cow at Alpine Valley (bareback)?
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    You can put riders on certain prints, like you'd do for valuable jewelry - and i'd recommend it. I priced out my collection at the eb average one day, and the open-market value came to the approximate price of buying a Maserati Quattroporte.
  • Options
    Any sort of insurance is gold. We had $30,000 in renter's insurance, for $9 a month, and had only paid 5 installments of it when the Tornado hit in May, so we got up to $30K of stuff replaced by our insurance company for just an outlay of $45.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Any sort of insurance is gold. We had $30,000 in renter's insurance, for $9 a month, and had only paid 5 installments of it when the Tornado hit in May, so we got up to $30K of stuff replaced by our insurance company for just an outlay of $45.
    :clap:
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options

talk about timing!

That being said, I'm sure you'd rather you didn't have to replace everything.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time