Movies You Secretly Indulge In

Comments

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I do enjoy the Christmas movies as well during the Holidays...

But, once a year my kids and I watch -- The Incredible Mr. Limpet.... :)

BLIT1045.JPG
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Get_Right wrote:
    Since this a family place, I will need to invoke my 5th amendment right not to answer. ;)

I'm with Get_Right I plead the 5th

However...

The Breakfast Club is mine (as far as a clean movie) I pretty much can recite the entire movie.

or The Matrix
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 691
    The Lost Boys....

i know every single word of that movie!! it's better if i watch it alone though 'cause i'm sure i would annoy everyone in the room repeating every awesome line.... :lol:

"Death by Stereo!"

:D

The-Lost-Boys-the-lost-boys-movie-21202930-434-352.jpg

The Lost Boys is amazing! With a pretty sweet soundtrack. Young Keifer looked bad ass.
    My movie is..Hackers! hackers1.jpg

Cheesy 90's movie..High Schoolers roller blading around town hacking the system.
    Hack the Planet! Hack the Planet! Plus they mention Eddie Vedder's name in the beginning :D
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    Love that others enjoy Mommie Dearest too :D

HAc2P.jpg
    4ODeC.jpg
    I always liked the Lucy version better.....i do love Lucy :lol:

rFrs3.jpg
    PLzBp.jpg

Any movie with Doris Day, Cary Grant, Jerry Lewis, Dean Martin, Lucille Ball, Don Rickles ........
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • There are a few movies of which I induldge, no particular order:

While You Were Sleeping
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    Gattaca
    Vanilla Sky
    The Sandlot

It's a weird list, but then again I'm weird so...
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    Explorers - that movie about the kids that build a spaceship out of a Tilt a Whirl cart. Yep super duper cheesy but the main characters are River Phoenix and Ethan Hawke when they're teenagers, can't go wrong! Plus, River's name in the movie is Wolfgang which is clearly amazing.

Holy hell. I haven't seen Explorers in about a thousand years. SUCH a great movie. Makes me want to find it now. Only version I had was a recorded VHS from television.
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
  • 7RayZ wrote:
    Im thinking. Christmas movies are usually every person's movie indulgence.
    Yeah, I have a fave Christmas movie. The Bishop's Wife with Loretta Young, Cary Grant and David Niven. Always fun.

One movie I have to watch every time it comes on is The Terminator. The original one. I never get tired of it.

I choke up and cry every time I watch that movie in several parts...the one that gets me is when he's telling the story to the little girl and everybody gathers around to listen.
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The Quick and the Dead ... have to watch it whenever TBS runs it.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    PJ20
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I actually watched a few minutes of "A Walk to Remember" yesterday....Mandy Moore and Shane West.

Omg, I saw the crappy reincarnation of The Germs with Shane West, and he was being heckled the whole show. People were screaming, "Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane! Take me on a walk! A walk to REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!" during the whole show. :lol::lol:

That was an odd pairing. He was ok in the Germs movie, but that was just make believe!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I choke up and cry every time I watch that movie in several parts...the one that gets me is when he's telling the story to the little girl and everybody gathers around to listen.
    I think the part that really chokes me up is when the wealthy widow tells him about her one true love.
    I like the little bits of humor all throughout and how everyone (except David Niven) is so much happier when he's around.
    Also, when the little girl wants to join the snowball fight and nobody wants her on their team.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • bionicamy wrote:
    Any movie with Doris Day, Cary Grant, Jerry Lewis, Dean Martin, Lucille Ball, Don Rickles ........

Pillow Talk and Send Me No Flowers is one of my all-time favorites. I also love old Bobby Darin / Sandra Dee movies. I also enjoy Where The Boys Are as well.

I also love Leap Year...it's a lesser-known, more recent Amy Adams movie where she goes to Ireland to see her asshat boyfriend and ends up falling in love with an Irish hunk that treats her right. Great flick.
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
  • I think the part that really chokes me up is when the wealthy widow tells him about her one true love.

Sigh. And I remember how wonderful this movie is all over again. It's even great to watch when it's not Christmas. Now I also remember the boys choir singing as well when all the boys slowly join in the singing at the church. Great stuff.
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    250px-Battlefield_earth_screencap.jpg

Battlefield Earth

:oops: 8-)
    220px-GoodBurgerPoster.jpg

"Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger, may I take your order?" :lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    davidtrios wrote:

OMG my hubby was watching that last night. For real watching it...and enjoying it. I lasted all of 2 minutes :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Way too many chick flicks

Pretty Woman....Sweet Home Alabama....How to lose a Guy in 10 Days...The Devil Wears Prada...And my newest one...Footloose
    thumbnail.aspx?q=5019657629207037&id=54e057bbc4a826a813f86d3de0b64827
    davidtrios wrote:

Battlefield Earth

Battlefield Barbarino
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Bonnie and Clyde, with Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty. Some of those older movies are the BEST!!! :mrgreen:;)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • A Night At The Roxbury
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    edited March 2012
    265865a9.jpg
    Post edited by perfectlefts14 on
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    davidtrios wrote:

I saw this in the theater. No joke. :lol:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • A Night At The Roxbury

this, and Zoolander. so stupid, but still always watch it if it happens to be on.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    A Night At The Roxbury

this, and Zoolander. so stupid, but still always watch it if it happens to be on.

richard grieco!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    davidtrios wrote:

Battlefield Earth

It's hard to believe that Travolta pushed a movie that actually made his head look twice as big as it already is.
    klowns.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    MV5BMTk3Mjk5MzI3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTY4MzcyNA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    220px-Chasing_Liberty_poster.JPG

Oh Mandy