I need some good vibes and prayers again...

whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
One we just were told today that my dad will have to be on tube feeding for the rest of his life due to the aggression of his Pancreatic cancer..And I'm going back to school.. It's gonna be tough to try to do all this at once.. but I have to do something more than cleaning for the rest of my life..Anyhow, please pray for both of us, but mostly for my Dad..He's really down about having to give up the physical act of eating..Thank you all.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    You are most definately in my thoughts and prayers during this tough time for yourself and your father. Stay positive. :(
  • Consider it done! God bless you and your dad. My dad died of renal cell cancer, so I've seen how the suffering can be. Keep us posted on all developments, and that's awesome that you're going to school!
  • thoughts are with you and your dad...
    xx
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    awwww
    so sorry to hear this
    good vibes headed your way
    and dad's too
    chin up
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,714
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. It's especially tough when life throws a lot at you at once. The good vibes and support that go out here on the PJ forum here are tremendous. Keep us posted.

Good thoughts and vibes going out to you and your father. Wishing you both the best.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Someone told once me, "If things were always easy, we would not change for the better."

You and your dad are doing the best things to improve your lives. I know they aren't easy (especially for your dad), but there is a better quality of life in it for both of you. So stay positive, Tree. Love, light and hugs to you both.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Thank you all so much.. I find myself so exhausted by night's end most nights and I know it's only gonna get harder to attain my latest degree ( in radiological technology ).. but it will be worth it. I wish my dad wasn't so "anti-Pearl Jam", so he could see all the support and prayers being sent his way..But in my opinion, prayers unknown are better than those heralded.. so again thanks..
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Sending good vibes to you, stay strong!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2