Guitar songs to play with walking bass lines/melodies

phungiphungi Posts: 641
edited December 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
Not sure if this is the correct description (walking bass lines/melodies), but I recently learned to two songs with finger picking/melodies mixed in with the strumming.

Bass line/melody: Needle and the Damage Done

Melody: Like Hurricane

They both happen to be Neil Young songs, but that is likely more of a coincidence than intent... I am open to different musicians and songs, and am hoping the 10c guitar players can recommend songs to learn/play on the guitar with similar melodies embedded in the strumming pattern.
37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• first one that comes to mind is "Where Are You Going?" by Dave Matthews Band...kinda similar to Needle and the Damage Done with the bass note thing...fun song to play

or "Crash into Me" by Dave Matthews..., but thats kind of a bitch to play, cuz you have to stay on the same uncomfortable chord almost the whole song...it gets tiring...for me at least!
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    In Hiding is good and pretty easy.