our idiot brother

juan lesterjuan lester Posts: 321
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
need a flick for movie nite?

http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/Our-Idi ... r/70167133

paul rudd as a stoner probably not much of a stretch. really great funny cast. that guy from 'she's out of your league' is a fucking gas. many funny moments.
uke can save the world
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It was enjoyable. I'm not a movie snob like some folks around here
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    thanks duuuude. Im a fan of Paul Rudd. I'll check this out tonight.

edit: nvm... its not on instant.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I liked it...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    need a flick for movie nite?

http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/Our-Idi ... r/70167133

paul rudd as a stoner probably not much of a stretch. really great funny cast. that guy from 'she's out of your league' is a fucking gas. many funny moments.

oohh i just watched him in tropic thunder.

i like paul rudd. this is probably the perfect mindless summer film.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    we liked it, and found it very funny :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I just got it today from Netflix, along with the Fright Night remake. Not that I expect the Fright Night remake to be very good, but I loved the original, and the cast seems OK enough, so it could be good. I'll probably watch Our Idiot Brother first though. Paul cracks me up.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I'd never heard of this movie until I read the post. I just finished watching it and it was pretty funny.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Watched it recently and thought it was pretty good. Dinner For Schmucks is another of his that I thought was very solid and don't get me started on Role Models.....hysterical!!!!! Taste the beast!!!!!
    DewieCox wrote:
    Watched it recently and thought it was pretty good. Dinner For Schmucks is another of his that I thought was very solid and don't get me started on Role Models.....hysterical!!!!! Taste the beast!!!!!

:lol::lol: yes...I really enjoyed all of those too...I also though "I LOVE YOU, MAN" was awesome..."Slappin' da bass!!"
    I just got it today from Netflix, along with the Fright Night remake. Not that I expect the Fright Night remake to be very good, but I loved the original, and the cast seems OK enough, so it could be good. I'll probably watch Our Idiot Brother first though. Paul cracks me up.

oh i saw the fright night remake at the cinema. i liked it... but then again im a colin farrell fan and a vampire fan. it was a bit silly but you know that going in. and david tennant was great. and lets face it las vegas is the perfect city for vamps.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

oh i saw the fright night remake at the cinema. i liked it... but then again im a colin farrell fan and a vampire fan. it was a bit silly but you know that going in. and david tennant was great. and lets face it las vegas is the perfect city for vamps.

Well, the original was pretty silly, so I rented it not expecting high art. I'm not big on Colin, but I think he could probably do well, even though he's no Chris Sarandon. It was interesting to read though that it was one of his favorite films as a teenager which is why he wanted to do it, and admitted to having a bit of a man crush on Sarandon back then. I'm looking forward to watching it, but I'm always skeptical about remakes. I've loved the original since I was a kid, and it's hard to watch somebody tinker with your nostalgia sometimes. I dig the cast though.
    Well, the original was pretty silly, so I rented it not expecting high art. I'm not big on Colin, but I think he could probably do well, even though he's no Chris Sarandon. It was interesting to read though that it was one of his favorite films as a teenager which is why he wanted to do it, and admitted to having a bit of a man crush on Sarandon back then. I'm looking forward to watching it, but I'm always skeptical about remakes. I've loved the original since I was a kid, and it's hard to watch somebody tinker with your nostalgia sometimes. I dig the cast though.

im a starwars fan.. i totally understand that pain.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Yeah, same here. But so far they haven't gone back and completely remade the films with different actors, which is kind of a different deal than Lucas altering the films. Honestly I don't care what bullshit changes he makes, I bought the DVDs several years back that included the original theatrical versions, so he can fuck around with them all he wants. I do feel like the complete remake is probably on the horizon.

But to bring it back to Our Idiot Brother, if they remake Star Wars, let's have Paul Rudd as Luke.

Yeah, same here. But so far they haven't gone back and completely remade the films with different actors, which is kind of a different deal than Lucas altering the films. Honestly I don't care what bullshit changes he makes, I bought the DVDs several years back that included the original theatrical versions, so he can fuck around with them all he wants. I do feel like the complete remake is probably on the horizon.

But to bring it back to Our Idiot Brother, if they remake Star Wars, let's have Paul Rudd as Luke.

no way! luke is a boy. paul rudd is too old... oops i mean hes a man.

i swear if they ever remade starwars i would never watch another film again. just the thought gives me hives.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Yeah, I couldn't see him as Han, so I said Luke. Or put him in black face and have him play Lando.
    i swear if they ever remade starwars i would never watch another film again. just the thought gives me hives.

I take it you didn't like my little Star Wars remake movie poster I made for that other Star Wars thread then?

Starwars-1.jpg

Yeah, I couldn't see him as Han, so I said Luke. Or put him in black face and have him play Lando.

I take it you didn't like my little Star Wars remake movie poster I made for that other Star Wars thread then?

Starwars-1.jpg

:lol: james franco as han.

who is that as obi wan? JT is too old to play luke... as weird as it sounds, hes a man too.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    It's Pacino. I guess I could put Bieber as Luke, but that would just be TOO wrong.
    It's Pacino. I guess I could put Bieber as Luke, but that would just be TOO wrong.

haha pacino..ive heard some good things about him.

beiber came into my head.. and id say that i dont think he can act... but neither could mark hamill so...
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    My favourite was

'We're just two guys, with a dog making candles'

'Yeah, it is so cliched'
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    My favourite was

'We're just two guys, with a dog making candles'

'Yeah, it is so cliched'

:lol::lol::lol:
  • this was funny -
    and this box would say 'i used to be another candle', and the next box would say, ' I used to be another another candle"

and then another box would be like ' trust me, i've been a lot of candles"

also funny-

"you said dixie chicks was next thursday"

"yeah next thursday"

"but last week you said next thursday"

"so you wan't me to say 'next next thursday'?"

"no it's too late. it's already blown"

"no, i mean for, like, concerts in the future"

also funny -

"she's reading like a novelization of 'us' magazine"

"i just wan't to pour that whole pitcher on my balls and penis. can i please have a water without a win?"

good silly movie.
    uke can save the world
    this was funny -
    and this box would say 'i used to be another candle', and the next box would say, ' I used to be another another candle"

and then another box would be like ' trust me, i've been a lot of candles"

also funny-

"you said dixie chicks was next thursday"

"yeah next thursday"

"but last week you said next thursday"

"so you wan't me to say 'next next thursday'?"

"no it's too late. it's already blown"

"no, i mean for, like, concerts in the future"

also funny -

"she's reading like a novelization of 'us' magazine"

"i just wan't to pour that whole pitcher on my balls and penis. can i please have a water without a win?"

good silly movie.

:lol::lol::lol: Yes, I agree. It was a good silly movie. :thumbup:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    watched this last night. It was okay, not great.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1