Options

this is why...

erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
edited December 2011 in The Porch
i didn't start posting on here until recently. i don't want to come to a place where people are whining & bitching all the time. these things are wants, not needs. i came here to meet people whom enjoy pearl jams music. i didn't come here to get corrected on my grammar, buy every ticket, every piece of merchandise or put anybody down. i've browsed the boards for the last 3 days, maybe longer...and seen more grey blocks than orange, blue or green ones. i'm not going to europe, the ticket debacle doesn't effect me. the shows are 6 months away- it will be solved soon. i like the analog shirt. i like ole'. my only wish is for a vault of 90's shows.1993,1994, 1996-1998 in particular, because there were a lot of good soundboard shows from the other tours. i'm not putting anybody down, not trying to point fingers & laugh. i didn't get a pj20 vinyl, a backpack, a white backspacer. i didn't get to go to pj20. life moved on- it's ok. by the way, ole' was free. i just don't understand how so many can claim to love pearl jam & then turn on the drop of a dime when something doesn't go your way. it reminds me of 1996 when people turned on them for "who you are". as i've said in a previous post, they're their own business now, working out kinks in their system. it will get fixed. there's no need to put down members of their orgnization that have been there for a loooonnnggg time. sure a lot of us have been fans for a long time, but that doesn't give us entitlement. cheers, merry christmas! i hope everybody gets accomodated, i hope they tour the south next year. will i "occupy" pearljam.com if they don't? no, i'll plan accordingly. they've apologized. i apologize if i've offended anyone. i hope life treats you well.
"It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    :clap:
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :thumbup: :clap:
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,092
    :clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    great post. :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    You should've used affect, not effect.

Sorry, but I couldnt resist.

:lol:
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    i debated the affect/effect thing. i will say that posting on here has made mecheck my grammar.. :lol: i don't like using caps, though.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    Ticketing discussion has been removed. Please use the ticketing discussion at http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=178855
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,952
    They just need to put a little fixin on it.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    nutbarznutbarz Posts: 227
    I think I joined in 1997 or 1998. Got my First Tickets through the Fan Club, it was mail order. It was nice. Stood in Like outside the united center for my seats. That was fun. Met some great people, had a great time. Went to more Shows in 2000, got more tickets through the fan club, got some singles, got some vinyl, started collecting Pearl jam stuff, got loads of singles, promos, etc.

Now I had a chance for the backpack, decided it was ugly and I would not use it. Never got the white Backspacer, didnt get the PJ 20 on Vinyl, I didn't get the tickets to Alpine Valley... but I got them from the Ticketmaster.

So what I'm saying is I agree with the OP, I'm here for the Band, the Fans, the music, and the bootlegs, and some of the great fans here.

Was I upset with the Vault CD and not being able to get one? Yeah, for a long time, no. So this year was the first year I have had any real problems with anything from this club. Santos has worked with me on some probelms with the PJ20 Hoodie I ordered from here, and now I am getting a second copy of the 2010 Fanclub Newsletter and single sent to me as the first never made it here.

But I dont hate these folks, I dont wish them ill, I just hope that things can get back in Synch soon and We all get back to the peaceful lives we once had.
  • Options
    n8dawg79n8dawg79 Virginia Posts: 129
    erocshifty wrote:
    i didn't start posting on here until recently. i don't want to come to a place where people are whining & bitching all the time. these things are wants, not needs. i came here to meet people whom enjoy pearl jams music. i didn't come here to get corrected on my grammar, buy every ticket, every piece of merchandise or put anybody down. i've browsed the boards for the last 3 days, maybe longer...and seen more grey blocks than orange, blue or green ones. i'm not going to europe, the ticket debacle doesn't effect me. the shows are 6 months away- it will be solved soon. i like the analog shirt. i like ole'. my only wish is for a vault of 90's shows.1993,1994, 1996-1998 in particular, because there were a lot of good soundboard shows from the other tours. i'm not putting anybody down, not trying to point fingers & laugh. i didn't get a pj20 vinyl, a backpack, a white backspacer. i didn't get to go to pj20. life moved on- it's ok. by the way, ole' was free. i just don't understand how so many can claim to love pearl jam & then turn on the drop of a dime when something doesn't go your way. it reminds me of 1996 when people turned on them for "who you are". as i've said in a previous post, they're their own business now, working out kinks in their system. it will get fixed. there's no need to put down members of their orgnization that have been there for a loooonnnggg time. sure a lot of us have been fans for a long time, but that doesn't give us entitlement. cheers, merry christmas! i hope everybody gets accomodated, i hope they tour the south next year. will i "occupy" pearljam.com if they don't? no, i'll plan accordingly. they've apologized. i apologize if i've offended anyone. i hope life treats you well.

Amen.
    Salt Lake City, Utah - Sept 28, 2009
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 3. 2011
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 4, 2011
    Charlottesville, Virginia - Oct 29, 2013
    Hampton, Virginia - Apr 18, 2016
  • Options
    :clap::clap::clap::clap:
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    thanks for unlocking this thread. i didn't want to get THAT issue started on here. i know you guys work really hard & take a beating over vinyl, limited edition items & all that "stuff & nonsense". i love this place. i can't talk pj anywhere else-my wife (god bless her) has tired of hearing about them (after 12 1/2 years together,mind you).i hope the "normalcy" of pearl jam love/geekiness gets started back up, that's all. theres enough problems in the world. my love for this band is pure & an escape from that. i don't want the band to become bitter, or the people that work for the band to become bitter, either. that's not the point. it's clearly described in the guidelines. i wish everybody the best & happy holidays. thank you again. i understand the negative one being locked. these last few days remind me of ed's lyrics in "faithfull" & "not for you". on the flip side-they are THE GREATEST LIVE BAND IN THE WORLD-EVER!!!! shows have become a "church" it's evolution,baby! p.s. got my backspacer vinyl & gonna keep it. it's too beautiful of a package not to. glad it shipped before i could switch it out for shows.
  • Options
    abhijeetabhijeet Posts: 303
    Spags wrote:
    :thumbup: :lol:
    Seattle 2009-09-21
    Alpine Valley 2011-09-03, 2011-09-04
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    erocshifty wrote:
    i didn't come here to get corrected on my grammar

but would it kill ya to put a paragraph break in there once in awhile? :D

just messing with ya ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    alright....i was also debating that as well... :lol: i'm 35, though. it's been a long time since i was in school. college dropout...community college dropout... i do pretty good as a cook, though..bartending was fun, but depressing..i felt like some people were paying me to kill them. i stopped when a pregnant lady tried to give me an extra dollar to serve her..i swear rockin in the free world started playing on the loop in my head. verse 2- i see a woman in the night/ with a baby in her hand/under an old streetlight/next to a garbage can
    now she's put her kid away/shes gone to get a hit/she hates her life/and what she's done with it/now there's 1 more kid, that'll never go to school/never get to fall in love/never get to be cool. i know "uncle neil" wrote it, but pj OWNS that song!
    unplugged 92 before they played it, ed said "neil wouldn't sue us" classic! the show that hooked me. porch was the one,being that ritfw wasn't on the broadcast...paragraph break :lol: i don't know if i sequenced it right,though...
  • Options
    Thanks for your POSITIVE post! :clap::clap: A breath of fresh air. I think there are alot of us that feel the same as you but hate to post anything because of all the people who tear apart every post on the board.
    "You will be no ones rival"
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    erocshifty wrote:
    ...paragraph break :lol: i don't know if i sequenced it right,though...

haha, funny!

you make much sense, friend! :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    love positive post..well said,..and even im against the bitching and complaining,all must have the right to say their opinion..
    i understand people complains,especially this time..isnt just a few..are almost all ..,but here you are right...
    this is a place we enjoy ourselfes and talk about the most important thing,thats pj music.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    erocshifty wrote:
    i debated the affect/effect thing. i will say that posting on here has made mecheck my grammar.. :lol: i don't like using caps, though.

i tell ya a good way to remember this.... you affect the effect.... affect is the doing effect is the result. works for me. fuck capitals!
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    stop_making_sense1.jpg
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    burtschips wrote:
    fuck capitals!

MainPic-CapitalsOvechkinSemin.jpg
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    he's taking it like a man...
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    love positive post..well said,..and even im against the bitching and complaining,all must have the right to say their opinion..
    i understand people complains,especially this time..isnt just a few..are almost all ..,but here you are right...
    this is a place we enjoy ourselfes and talk about the most important thing,thats pj music.. :)

I find it embarrassing to read some people's reactions though. The level of abuse goes way beyond just complaining. Very glad to read posts like this. And happy to know there are more sane and sensible people on this board than just you, Dimi!
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    erocshifty wrote:

:thumbup: 8-) ....here for a good time, life is way too short!! The Happiest of Holidays to you as well!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qFIaI1M5kU

Sorry, couldn't help myself... :D
  • Options
    Very nicely said erocshifty, especially the wish for the early 90 shows; me too please.

I find it so unfortunate how many people ignore what PJ and the 10c have done for the fans for years and say such hurtful and negative things.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to try to satisfy so many impassioned people when there's no possible way to satisfy them all.

I hope the band never reads some of these negative comments, it'd make me want to shut down the 10c all together.
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 370
    Very nice post. I'm seldom on here, and this was lovely to see. I rarely every get my PJ wishes, ever, but i'm cool with that. Limited vinyl collection, my awesome tshirts got thrown out ages ago by my mom :(, 3 shows in my 30 years thus far, never even close to the front rows, but I still love this band.
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    Very well said.

There is a thing called perspective - you have a brilliant grasp of it.

Love to all in the Ten Club (staff and members) - we share an amazing thing, let's not sour it.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    erocshifty wrote:
    :clap:
    Take a bow, great post! It's so refreshing to read comments like this - you should post more often :D

Merry Christmas to you and yours too!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Sadly this thread will fade and the bitching thread will stay alive for a month.

So is the way of the world.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)