Options

11-9-91....a Trip To The Record Store!!

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited November 2008 in The Porch
11/09/91 - Tower Records: Rockville, MD (acoustic) [30m]
attendance: 50
set: Wash, Black, Alive, Suggestion, Porch
notes: Small, in-store promo for their first album, Ten, with PJ in a festive, friendly state. Before the set begins, Ed is thumbing through a magazine trying to pick out his first tattoo and later modifies some of the 'Alive' lyrics, a reference to selecting his tattoo on his arm, making the band laugh. ("'Son,' she said, 'why'd you pick that tattoo?'" and later, "'Is something wrong?' she said. Of course there is, yeah. 'You're unplugged,' she said. It's driving me crazy.") The guys strum a bit of Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' and The Who's 'Behind Blue Eyes.' Ed looks around during 'Porch' for something to climb and, finding nothing, stands on Dave's kick drum. Excellent acoustic set .

Prob one of the most well known shows/appearances from the early days...One of the first videos I got to see many many moons ago....Even after all these years, still cool to see how shy ed seemed to be and how much he seemed to not like being at the forefront. So reserved..so quiet....always seemed to be looking at his feet..until he got a mic in his hand.....AMAZING how much passion and energy he(and the band) have for a simple little in store. I have always liked this and watch it often on you tube when I am bored and needing a quick "fix"......so....

If you have it...dig it out!! If you dont....find it!!!(hint:it ALL OVER youtube) spin it!!! ROCK IT!!!

show notes courtesy of http://www.twofeetthick.com
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    I love that you started doing these threads- very cool!

Also, I see that you're one post away from 5 G's!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    To have had the opportunity to follow the band and be fortunate enough to see great intimate shows like that is unbelievable. It must give you such a unique perspective on where they are today and how far they have come. Great post and congrats on the 5000th!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    This one I had actually heard and seen before (:D finally one)

I agree on how amazing it is to watch Ed shifting nervously quite not knowing what to do with himself. Until the music begins... some transformation.

Thanks again for keeping this up!
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    mavi wrote:
    This one I had actually heard and seen before (:D finally one)

I agree on how amazing it is to watch Ed shifting nervously quite not knowing what to do with himself. Until the music begins... some transformation.

Thanks again for keeping this up!

You are most welcome!! There is a WHOLE PJ world out there just waiting to be explored!! :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12