2013 New Orleans Saints

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
even though im not a fan, I started this thread for 2 reasons:

a) they might be the only hope from the nfc to knock off the packers in the playoffs, God willing.
b) im traveling to nola from the 22nd-27th with my gf and wanna score decent tickets on 12/26. it's versus the falcons and on monday night. can anyone hook a brother up with a decent price??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Davidtrios wrote:

a) they might be the hope to knock off the packers in the playoffs, God willing.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Davidtrios wrote:

a) they might be the hope to knock off the packers in the playoffs, God willing.

:evil: :evil: :evil: Those are fighting words there mister :evil:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    go eagles, yay
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    go eagles, yay

fuck the eagles. :lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    sheila0225 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    go eagles, yay

ha, I think they have succesfully managed to do that to themselves :lol:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    go eagles, yay

ha, I think they have succesfully managed to do that to themselves :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: you're probably right on that one. :lol::lol::lol:
  • WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hook it up if I could for a fellow PJ'er, but alas I'm using those tickets. Hope you get in, have fun in the Dirty South.
    How I choose to feel, is how I am.
  • Saints v Pats would be a hell of a super bowl. 71-68 Pats with an OT field goal.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    The Saints are one of those teams I just can't hate. I probably should, considering how good they are, but Breesus just wins me over every time dammit. :lol:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hook it up if I could for a fellow PJ'er, but alas I'm using those tickets. Hope you get in, have fun in the Dirty South.

thanks dude!! just ended up dropping $485 from ticketliquidator.com for sec 616 row 36 :sick::lol:
    Davidtrios wrote:

thanks dude!! just ended up dropping $485 from ticketliquidator.com for sec 616 row 36 :sick::lol:
    I'd be sick too if i spent that much on tickets. That's friggen crazy!!!! Packer tickets don't even cost that much.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I don't think anybody is really looking for somebody to "knock off" the Packers. Except for fans of other NFC North teams, because those rivalries run pretty deep. The only other people are just haters who don't like to see another team succeed, and the 1972 Dolphins who want to be the only undefeated team in NFL history.

The Packers are a pretty likable franchise, as are the Saints. When it comes to the undefeated thing, I think many fans want to hang their hat on the "we're the team that ended the streak" hook. I know a lot of Cowboys fans who still take pride in beating the Saints (although they almost lost the two games prior, and lost the two games after, so it wasn't like they were a perfect team) since it's the biggest victory they've had in 15 years, and they also use it as evidence that they "could have won the Super Bowl" that year. Delusions are fun.

The Saints are scary, and the could surely beat the Pack. It could be a very good game. If I were a Bears fan I would be more concerned with getting my team back together than just hating on another team for being better than us.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • If I were a Bears fan I would be more concerned with getting my team back together than just hating on another team for being better than us.

Nothing wrong with hating on the Pack as a Bears fan. It's something you learn at a very young age growing up a Bears fan...
    sheila0225 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

I'd be sick too if i spent that much on tickets. That's friggen crazy!!!! Packer tickets don't even cost that much.

anyone wanna buy a vinyl ;):)
    Davidtrios wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

anyone wanna buy a vinyl ;):)

Flipper. :lol: I'll pay you face for it. Nothing more. :lol:
  • Davidtrios wrote:

not bad. I'm in 618 and love the seats.
    How I choose to feel, is how I am.
    edited December 2011
    heading out to bourbon st for some pregaming as we stumble towards the superdome
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    go Ryan
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    colston
    White Sox GM Kenny Williams' reponse to Saint DC Gregg Williams' request to target his son Kyle before the Niners playoff game:

“As you have seen, Kyle Williams is a man’s man and has shown himself more than capable of answering on his own behalf. He has definite feelings on the subject but has chosen to remain committed to providing all his answers to any questions on the field next season. Knowing this young man’s intestinal fortitude, I doubt anyone will get him to waver from his position.

“To answer the questions directed specifically to me, as a father first and foremost, I am glad to report Kyle’s concussion tests have been extremely positive and we are grateful he is ready and anxious to get back to competition. Personally, suspension or not, it’s probably best I’m never in a room with Gregg Williams and wonder if such an order crosses the line of the aggressive, competitive spirit we all know and love about the sport; and leans closer to a criminal act and therefore a litigious matter.

“Putting aside my fatherly feelings and putting on my sports executive hat, I have tremendous respect and admiration for the league in general, the 49ers organization and Trent Balke and Jim Harbough in particular. I have no doubt they are monitoring the situation very closely and will take the appropriate action should they deem it necessary in this matter.

“As a result of this and the fact that the singular focus for every member of the White Sox organization is on a distraction-free championship season, I won’t be speaking publicly on the subject any further.”
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    go eagles, yay

Why no love for the Eagles ;)
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    go eagles, yay

Why no love for the Eagles ;)

I guess growing up in Pennsylvania and always hearing about the Eagles kind of got old and they were always so over rated and the fans (some...not all) are obnoxious. Now I have neighbors that grew up in Pa as well and they are Eagles fans. :lol: I can't get away from them. :lol:
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    davidtrios wrote:
    White Sox GM Kenny Williams' reponse to Saint DC Gregg Williams' request to target his son Kyle before the Niners playoff game:

“As you have seen, Kyle Williams is a man’s man and has shown himself more than capable of answering on his own behalf. He has definite feelings on the subject but has chosen to remain committed to providing all his answers to any questions on the field next season. Knowing this young man’s intestinal fortitude, I doubt anyone will get him to waver from his position.

“To answer the questions directed specifically to me, as a father first and foremost, I am glad to report Kyle’s concussion tests have been extremely positive and we are grateful he is ready and anxious to get back to competition. Personally, suspension or not, it’s probably best I’m never in a room with Gregg Williams and wonder if such an order crosses the line of the aggressive, competitive spirit we all know and love about the sport; and leans closer to a criminal act and therefore a litigious matter.

“Putting aside my fatherly feelings and putting on my sports executive hat, I have tremendous respect and admiration for the league in general, the 49ers organization and Trent Balke and Jim Harbough in particular. I have no doubt they are monitoring the situation very closely and will take the appropriate action should they deem it necessary in this matter.

“As a result of this and the fact that the singular focus for every member of the White Sox organization is on a distraction-free championship season, I won’t be speaking publicly on the subject any further.”

Kyle Williams is capable of answering on his own behalf, but not capable of catching a punt or even going after a punt that he booted.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    barring any blackouts, i see them coming back with a vengence next season
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    davidtrios wrote:
    barring any blackouts, i see them coming back with a vengence next season

If they blow up the defense and completely start over. Which, hopefully, they are doing with the firing of Spagno. Please God, no Rob Ryan!!!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    tough matchup tonight vs an much improved phins squad

saints 39
    fish 22