MOST ILLIN'EST B-BOY!!!

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I love the fuckin Beastie Boys..
I think they have done more for both rap and rock music than any other artist has impacted both.. ever!!

I got a new assistant at work.. he is 18 (born in 1993). sweeping up last week, he heard the front half of "Check Your Head" .. he asked "what the hell kind of album is this"
I responded.. "the best kind"..

for real..
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Hell yeah.

Love Check Your Head!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Hell yeah.

Love Check Your Head!!!!
    I wonder what is in the paper bag on the cover.. always have..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    While living in Utah, I bought a car in California and drove it back (12 1/2 hours). I had only two cds with me... Natalie Merchant's "Tigerlilly", and Beastie Boys "Check Your Head"! :)
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    BK144862 wrote:
    While living in Utah, I bought a car in California and drove it back (12 1/2 hours). I had only two cds with me... Natalie Merchant's "Tigerlilly", and Beastie Boys "Check Your Head"! :)

:lol::lol::lol: Beasties in Cali and Natalie Merchant in Nevada?

Mike D's out back and he's growing onions I've got bigger buds than my man Paul Bunyon's... Finger Lickin Good was my jam.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    BK144862 wrote:

Mike D's out back and he's growing onions I've got bigger buds than my man Paul Bunyon's... Finger Lickin Good was my jam.
    give me some wood and I'll build you a cabinet!!!
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    BK144862 wrote:

give me some wood and I'll build you a cabinet!!!

So dumb! But so awesome!!

Now here's another special of the day I've got more spice than the frugal gourmet.
    ...I still use that line.

PS- you're assistant needs a schooling. Stat.

RYEzupSF wrote:
    He is funny.. he cannot take NWA seriously because Icecube was in Disney movies he grew up on..
    good point, and this is gonna take work..
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    He is funny.. he cannot take NWA seriously because Icecube was in Disney movies he grew up on..

That terrifies me. How can someone not take Cube seriously?! I feel old.

RYEzupSF wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

That terrifies me. How can someone not take Cube seriously?! I feel old.
    I said "man, this is NWA.. This is when rap music was great.. this album changed my life"
    He said "isn't this the guy from are we there yet?"

touche? this little fucker is to smart..
    I said "man, this is NWA.. This is when rap music was great.. this album changed my life"
    He said "isn't this the guy from are we there yet?"

touche? this little fucker is to smart..

:lol::lol::lol:

...Clearly the child knows nothing of Compton.

...Professor Booty. 8-) hell yeah. i can't believe I don't have it on my booty jams playlist. :lol: ...well, i do now.

You can begin to imagine how I felt on "Public Enemy" day..
    this is serious..

"Isn't this that crackhead with the Viking horn hat?"

Is rap music dead?

He hates "how I always listen to Pearl jam" as well.. this was reported to my boss (Joe almost pissed himself!!)

Is rock music dead?

And he hates metal.. HATES METAL.. we put it on just to watch him cringe!!

How can you hate Phil? Phil Anselmo is god.. Phil Anselmo is good..

Metal is most certainly dead according to this little fuck..

Oddly, he enjoys Phil Collins.. who knew..

'

'

:lol::lol::lol: I was going to suggest asking him about Phil Collins as I was reading that. I had a suspicion you might find common ground there. This is a kid who grew up surrounded by boy bands and britney spears. Phil is a good starting point. Plus there is the disney connection. Hello Lion King! ...what does he like? I'm very curious.

RYEzupSF wrote:

'

.what does he like? I'm very curious.

who gives a shit at this point?!?! he is lost and will continue to be lost .. I will not be able to break through until he needs to shave, he is surrounded in debt, and his nuts hang within millimeters of the toilet water..
    RYEzupSF wrote:

.what does he like? I'm very curious.

who gives a shit at this point?!?! he is lost and will continue to be lost .. I will not be able to break through until he needs to shave, he is surrounded in debt, and his nuts hang within millimeters of the toilet water..

:lol::lol: lovely visual. ...well hopefully with life experience he will grow to appreciate the struggle. then, only then, may he open his mind to some good old fashioned rap and rock music.

Fuck Auto Tune

"cause I got more stories than J.D.'s got Salinger,
    I hold the title and you are the challenger"
    I've got money like Charles Dickens
    Got the girlies in the Coupe like the Colonel's got the chickens