Options

11-7-1996----A hidden Gem??!!..:-)

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited November 2008 in The Porch
1996-11-07 Paris France The Zenith

Set 1 Wash, Hail Hail, Last Exit, Once, Tremor Christ, Who You Are, Corduroy, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Even Flow, Jeremy, Off He Goes, Animal, Daughter/(Noise of Carpet), Lukin, Rearviewmirror, I Got Id, Whipping, Alive
Encore 1 Roadhouse Blues, Sometimes, Black, State Of Love And Trust, Porch
Encore 2 Smile, Yellow Ledbetter

May be a gem....may not be.......The obvious choice of a show to remember on this date would have been the 95 show.....That said, there were some STELLAR shows in 1996 as well. I know there are alot of "newbie" fans so to speak that might have been a bit young for some of these early shows, but seems to me that aside from a few shows (soldier field...checkpoint charlie come to mind) that these years get overlooked alot.....This is my weak attempt at trying to bring this board back to the reason MOST of us starting coming here to begind with...THE MUSIC!!! Tried this a while back, and am going to do it again....A look back at a show from MY VAULT....;)

This imho, was a NICE show....Good energy from the band, some cool banter from ed and a surprise or two (Roadhouse blues...UNPLANNED!!)....There are alot of fans that I dont think realize that there was LIVE PJ before the 2000 boots....While some of the sound quality may not be as good as the 'official" boots, there are some GREAT sounding shows out there that you should look into....The band and their music has evolved so much over the years, but in order to know that, you have to take a trip back every once in a while and see where they came from....Life BEFORE...ITW....MATT....BOOM....The are so many different layers to them and where they came from that I feel EVERYONE should do this(imho)....If you dont, you are really missing out...ok....stepping of soapbox now! :D

If you have it....dig it out....if you DONT....Find it!! Spin it!! ROCK IT!!

ENJOY!!
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    Thanks, pjtradeking! I'll definitely check it out.
    And I really appreciate you doing this every possible day.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    can somebody help me find this?
  • Options
    mavi wrote:
    Thanks, pjtradeking! I'll definitely check it out.
    And I really appreciate you doing this every possible day.

You are welcome...I only wish more people had as much interest in it as I do...;)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    ....While some of the sound quality may not be as good
    that's why they're overlooked, it's a pain digging thru them.
  • Options
    as soon as people get over the thought that only FM/SBD shows are listenable, there are hundreds of gems out there waiting to be found.

the 93-96 tours are simply epic. the peak of this band's career, no doubt about it.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    that's why they're overlooked, it's a pain digging thru them.

I am only trying to point out that there are some GREAT shows that never get talked about and I think people are missing out....:)

• Options
    I am only trying to point out that there are some GREAT shows that never get talked about and I think people are missing out....:)
    sure, I haven't listened to too many from 96 but San Sebastian was some great performance and the sound quality I can get over. Ed's voice really was booming back then.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    elmer wrote:

thanks..

great thread!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    lowlight10 wrote:

the 93-96 tours are simply epic. the peak of this band's career, no doubt about it.

EXACTLY!! SO many great shows from that time!!

• Options
    EXACTLY!! SO many great shows from that time!!

imagine if they ever open that vault! those uncirculated Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand shows from 1995! I might not leave my house for a week.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    lowlight10 wrote:
    imagine if they ever open that vault! those uncirculated Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand shows from 1995! I might not leave my house for a week.
    nar, they're about. I've links to a few.
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    nar, they're about. I've links to a few.

Not ALL of them are....The ones he is referring to are not out there and may never be...I know where they are at...just cant get the person to loosen their death grip on them!! hahaha

• Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    I personally just can't stand to listen to the shows in the quality they are in.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 651
    exactly! i'm sick of people talking about atlanta '94, like it's the best show ever. everyone should know that 4/12/94 was the best show ever;)

Set 1 Oceans, Even Flow, Sonic Reducer, State Of Love And Trust, Hard To Imagine, Immortality/(Hey Hey My My), Go, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Suck You Dry), Alone, Not For You, Better Man, Rats, Blood
    Encore 1 Release, Tremor Christ, Once, Fuckin' Up, Dirty Frank, Yellow Ledbetter, Jam, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, I've Got a Feeling

the set list alone does not do it justice. it needs to be heard.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    go pre wrote:
    exactly! i'm sick of people talking about atlanta '94, like it's the best show ever. everyone should know that 4/12/94 was the best show ever;)

I think it's common knowledge around here that boston was one of the greatest.......Paramont Theatre NY was another good one around that time.
  • Options
    Brez wrote:
    I personally just can't stand to listen to the shows in the quality they are in.

some of them really arent that bad, the good quality shows from 96 are Hamburg, Paris, Prague and Barcelona, actually many of them from the Europe leg sound quite similar, some have a bigger sound than others, they sound good on small speakers.
    once u listen to them a few times u get used to the sound and identify how the band plays, from there the shows are very listenable, its all about gettin used to listenin to bootlegs as they arent always soundboards