Ukulele players and EV songbook

CheeksCheeks Posts: 151
edited January 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was thinking of ordering Ukulele Songs on vinyl, partly because it says it comes with a 48 page songbook. Is this the actual tabs of the songs on the album (sorry if that's a dumb question) and are they actually something a normal person could play?
I'm not too bad at the uke... can finger pick pretty good... do any of you uke players have this songbook and can you play any of the songs?
Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the book has all the song tabs. both normal and less-than-normal folks can play. i'm just a middling no talent and i can play along, though i've known how to play 'can't keep' and 'dream a little dream' from since before the book came out. get it and have a blast.
    uke can save the world
  • CheeksCheeks Posts: 151
    Sold! Thanks for the info!
  • i had never played uke before and i got the book emailed to me from tenclub. i got tired of trying to play the songs on guitar so i broke down and got a uke over 4th of july weekend. it did not take me long to learn the whole album. only thing is there are so many crazy changes in all of those songs that it is hard for me to memorize all of them so i have to have a music stand in front of me when i play those songs....
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • CheeksCheeks Posts: 151
    i had never played uke before and i got the book emailed to me from tenclub. i got tired of trying to play the songs on guitar so i broke down and got a uke over 4th of july weekend. it did not take me long to learn the whole album. only thing is there are so many crazy changes in all of those songs that it is hard for me to memorize all of them so i have to have a music stand in front of me when i play those songs....

How did you get the book emailed to you? Is it something that can be shared? I'm going to order the Ukulele Songs vinyl that comes with the songbook... but I don't anticipate that arrival until Feb.

FYI... I usually sit on the floor with my uke surrounded my various sheets of tab (I suck at memorizing), while simultaneously having tea parties my two-year-old. Good thing women rock at multitasking! :D
  • pm me your email and i'll try and forward.
    as far as sitting in a pile of tabs - cannot describe the paper pile i've acquired. it's a shocking mess. i got a 3 ring binder, but it just filled up and fell apart. now it just acts as a folder with everything going every way. i try to organize and then i find a song i haven't played in a while and that's the end of that project.
    and the songs i know 'by heart' i probably couldn't tab out because my hands just go where they go by memory. like 10 songs in four years. i may have brain damage.
    have a merry ukulele christmas. jc
    uke can save the world
  • i got a uke for christmas along with the Eddie Vedder songbook/LP. Really fun to play and easy to catch along if you ever played guitar
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    I just ordered the vinyl and they emailed some downloads. I did not open them to see what they were. Maybe they are the book tabs, and you will get them when you place the order. We got a download of the book when we ordered the deluxe songbook, Mr. Guitar printed them out and uses them...and not the fancy hardcover book. I guess it's because he can spread them all out and look while he plays, as was described by someone above.
  • Hey there. I got the vinyl last week for Christmas and love the booklet. Very well put together and easy to play along with. Is there anyone that my send me the .pdf's though. I'd love to have them on the iPad so I can keep the book as nice as possible. I'd be forever greatful. Thanks.
    "I love you and Buddha too."--Mason Jennings