Options

West Palm Beach bootleg!

||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I'm listening to it, and WOW!
I was a bit worried because during Severed Hand (2nd song) the guitars sound pretty terrible and i was hoping it wasn't going to sound like this for the whole show. Luckily, i assume Stone or Mike must've been having guitar problems at the beginning of the show because from then on the bootleg sounds GREAT!

The guitars are so full, the drums are clear and powerful, i can hear Jeff nice and clear, and Ed is mixed in nicely too.

All in all, i'm only up to 'Sad' but i'm super impressed, and i think it sounds more full than the 2006 bootlegs!
"This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PairadizePairadize Posts: 1
    Anyone have a Bootleg album cover for this show? The last tours boots had the covers in the downloads. Maybe someone with the CD can post it.
  • Options
    Edit - It's like it's 1998 all over again! Ed is sounding GREAT, especially during the extended outro on Who You Are. One more thing....Even Flow is waaaaay slowed down! It's like a '98 version, i love it!

By the way, Matt NAILS Who You Are. He gets it all spot on, and although some of the song sounds a tad rough at certain points it's still miraculous considering it's the first time they've played it in 12 years or so.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    I was a bit worried because during Severed Hand (2nd song) the guitars sound pretty terrible and i was hoping it wasn't going to sound like this for the whole show. Luckily, i assume Stone or Mike must've been having guitar problems at the beginning of the show because from then on the bootleg sounds GREAT!

The guitars are so full, the drums are clear and powerful, i can hear Jeff nice and clear, and Ed is mixed in nicely too.

All in all, i'm only up to 'Sad' but i'm super impressed, and i think it sounds more full than the 2006 bootlegs!

I was thinking the same thing about the drums. I mean the whole boot sounds awesome but the drums really stood out especially in songs like "Sad"! Good shit!! :D
  • Options
    My3rdEye wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing about the drums. I mean the whole boot sounds awesome but the drums really stood out especially in songs like "Sad"! Good shit!! :D

RVM is kicking my ass right now!

• Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    I noticed Jeff's bass is much better too, listen to "Gone" during the chorus, killer stuff.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    obiwon76 wrote:
    I noticed Jeff's bass is much better too, listen to "Gone" during the chorus, killer stuff.

Yeah, i noticed that too. I'm on the last track now, i can't wait to listen to Tampa!

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    A burning question, literally...

I lost my Nero backup disc and then switched computers...so no more Nero, that was my preferred burning program for years of downloaded boots by PJ and many other bands.

So now, for the time being, I have Windows Media Player...say what you will about Windows, I can think of a lot...

But does anyone know a way to burn disc-at-once (meaning, all tracks with no detectable gap) as opposed to track-at-once (with a discernable 1-2 sec gap between tracks) in Windows?

I much prefer a seamless experience on my live recordings. The cut between songs right now is jarring and I'm not even enjoying the boot.

The answer may just be to avail myself of a better program, but thought I'd check.
  • Options
    JohnnyGeetarJohnnyGeetar Posts: 165
    Edit - It's like it's 1998 all over again! Ed is sounding GREAT, especially during the extended outro on Who You Are. One more thing....Even Flow is waaaaay slowed down! It's like a '98 version, i love it!

By the way, Matt NAILS Who You Are. He gets it all spot on, and although some of the song sounds a tad rough at certain points it's still miraculous considering it's the first time they've played it in 12 years or so.

I've heard mixed things about the mix for this tour. That Mike and Stone were still quite inaudible. But if it really sounds like '98, that would amazing.

Do the drums sound that much better?
  • Options
    burgandy75 wrote:
    I've heard mixed things about the mix for this tour. That Mike and Stone were still quite inaudible. But if it really sounds like '98, that would amazing.

Do the drums sound that much better?

I think the drums are much better, but again it's all down to the listener.

Even Flow from WPB reminded me of 1998, and i'm listening to Tampa now and Corduroy was slowed down and reminded me of older versions too.

The ONLY negative i can think of is that Severed Hand sounds pretty shoddy. For some reason, the guitars sound weak and barely there and Mike's solo at the end is hard to hear. But, all the other songs sound great!

Stone sounds great on all the songs, imo.

• Options

I noticed that too. i thought it was because of where tehy were recording it from but you're right, it gets better after the first couple of songs. were you at that show? it was awesome!
    "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Ben Franklin
  • Options
    seems like everybody, myself included, likes Even flow better when they don't paly it like its a 33 being played at 45 :)
    "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Ben Franklin
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    so how does the bootleg thing work now because as of yesterday the MP3s werent out yet. But if you order the CD it comes right away?

Would love to get this show
  • Options
    They said the cd's will be shipped within 3 weeks. It's been 15 days since WPB, so i'll take a guess and say they're not shipped yet. I took the cd's option, and am now wishing i took the FLAC instead... I really don't feel like waiting another 2 weeks for the cd's to start arriving..
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    are the boots everyone is listening to the digital download (MP3) or the made to order CD's?...Tryin to decide between the two and do not know which will give me better quality......does it take longer to get made to order CD's?.....thanks in advance for any help or suggestions
  • Options
    are the boots everyone is listening to the digital download (MP3) or the made to order CD's?...Tryin to decide between the two and do not know which will give me better quality......does it take longer to get made to order CD's?.....thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

The mp3's and FLAC are available now for the WPB show. Tampa should be today? The physical cd's probably aren't even shipped for the WPB show yet, i ordered all the cd's, and i don't have WPB yet.

FLAC is basically cd quality. If you're going to get the digital download, get FLAC, it's a little more expensive, and if you've never used FLAC files before, they're a little tricky, but they're cd quality, and they won't give you the skip between tracks, they'll burn a perfectly seamless show for you.

It really comes down to laziness, if you're too lazy to download the FLAC files, decode them and burn them to cd, then pay the extra 2 bucks and just wait for the cd.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    This boot is owning. :D

Tampa is up now too!
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    The mp3's and FLAC are available now for the WPB show. Tampa should be today? The physical cd's probably aren't even shipped for the WPB show yet, i ordered all the cd's, and i don't have WPB yet.

FLAC is basically cd quality. If you're going to get the digital download, get FLAC, it's a little more expensive, and if you've never used FLAC files before, they're a little tricky, but they're cd quality, and they won't give you the skip between tracks, they'll burn a perfectly seamless show for you.

It really comes down to laziness, if you're too lazy to download the FLAC files, decode them and burn them to cd, then pay the extra 2 bucks and just wait for the cd.

How are you guys converting the FLAC? Because you cant play them until you conver them. And you convert to MP3? Wav?
    can you even tell the difference between FLAC and MP3? I couldnt. Maybe it was the orginal source I was using
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    You pretty have to save the download files and open them up one by one, I do so into my Itunes. I'm having trouble getting the MP3 files to stay on my Itunes though. It's a pain, I keep having to go back and open each file before it keeps on Itunes.

I downloaded Tampa too, very nice. I used to order the boots, but this method if much faster and cheaper if you dont desire the artwork and just the show itself.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08