Options

SEATTLE II---11-6-2000...An EPIC SHOW!!!

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited November 2008 in The Porch
2000-11-06 Seattle Washington Key Arena

Set 1 Release, Corduroy, Grievance, Rearviewmirror, Hail Hail, Evacuation, Dissident, Nothing As it Seems, In Hiding, Leatherman, Better Man, Nothingman, Even Flow, Jeremy, Lukin, Not For You, Daughter/(Androgynous Mind)
Encore 1 Off He Goes, Light Years, Parting Ways, Go, Once, Crazy Mary, Immortality, Alive
Encore 2 Soon Forget, The Kids Are Alright, Baba O'Riley
Encore 3 Yellow Ledbetter

I dont know too many people that dont have this is in their top 5 ALL TIME Pearl Jam shows, and some would argue it might have been the best they have ever played!! Something happened there that night that is hard to explain for alot of folks, but you can feel the electricity even through a set of headphones!! I wasnt there, and have watched in on dvd 100 times and get a little sick to my stomach everytime knowing what I missed out on!! Didnt have a ticket for this night...Didnt know alot of PJ people back then!!
If I had only known then what I know now! :D....If you have it, dig it out...If you dont? Find it!! Spin it!! ROCK IT!!
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    ok you win

im gonna whack it on.
  • Options
    Yeah, me too!
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Haven't listened in a while, but I will later; thanks.

Finally talk about some PJ instead of politics, etc.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    I BrisK I wrote:

im gonna whack it on.
    sounds painful ;)

Damn good show thouugh- one of my favorites
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    top 3 for me!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    wow this even flow is fast ha.
  • Options
    Yes, Yes, Yes....I've had to replace this night as I took it everywhere i went for almost 2 years. Got pretty scratched up after awhile. That night was magical. 4th row, dead center when my seats were suppose to be nosebleeds in the upper tier.

PJTRADEKING or "S": Congrats on the Deep!!!
    "How loud can silence get?"

http://www.myspace.com/cockeyedoptimus
  • Options
    bmwweirdoguybmwweirdoguy Right of Seattle Posts: 228
    For me, this show was all about happiness and optimism...It was the night before the election, Pearl Jam was home, and it seemed like everything would be ok....Simple as that...it was one of the greatest feelings in my life...and I will remember it forever...

THIS is THE boot I listen to when I need inspiration
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    i WILL Listen to the boot tonight as im drinking myself stupid

I'm proud to share my Birthday with this mega-show
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    i WILL Listen to the boot tonight as im drinking myself stupid

I'm proud to share my Birthday with this mega-show

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Thanks Dude
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    EPIC is a good word.

This was there best show to date. I would say there are just a couple on it's level since.

I love how they just played forever before even talking.
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    it was pretty great. was fortunate enough to be down front. lots of emotion,and people feeling as though it might b their last show.
    both concerts the 5th and the 6th were pretty special.
    always cool to see them in seattle
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    one of my fave boots :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    one of my fave boots :)

My fave too.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Not sure about top 5, but it's definitely in the top 621.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    Does anyone know where to download this? A friend was recently looking for this show.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    This is the best show I have ever seen.

The boot is great but holds no candle to the feeling in the room at the time. The rant he goes on about the teen dance ordinance is fantastic.

There really was an air of possibility in the air. Day before the election, the night before was very bland, all things lined up to the best show I have ever seen by ANY band.

The Gorge "experiment" was a bit more shocking, but nothing can compare to the feeling in that room......maybe in '93 but a different feeling all together.
  • Options
    wow it has been 8 years since i made the trip all the way from alabama to seattle for the pair of tour closing shows in seattle...

i absolutely cannot believe that.

of my 22 pearl jam shows, this was one of those shows that definatly sticks out. i'll never forget eddie's speech at the end just before ledbetter...

"so this is it, we go home, you go home..."

after the year the had been through and dealing with roskilde, i was standing in key arena thinking, "this could be the very last time they leave the stage". that show was very much a release for the band and the fans as well.

as pearl jam fan from day 1 and a pj concert veteran, i have got to say... the resurrection of Alive that night to me will always stand out as one of the all time great moments in pearl jam history. i thought the roof of key arena was gonna fall down when stone hit the opening riff.

my how times have changed since then, i graduated college, moved to california.... can't believe that show was 8 years ago.
    1998... 9/3
    2000... 8/7, 8/15, 11/5, 11/6
    2001... 10/20, 10/21, 10/22
    2002... 12/8, 12/9
    2003... 4/9, 4/18, 4/19, 7/8, 7/9
    2004... 10/6, 10/8
    2006... 5/16, 5/17, 5/30
    2008... EV Solo 4/12, 4/13, 4/16
    2008... PJ 6/14, 7/12
    2008... Stone Solo 10/11
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Perfect title. My friends and I kept looking at each other as one after another encore song was played and we kept saying that we were witnessing an epic show. I'd seen PJ plenty of times before then, but that show still stands out as one of my favorites.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08