What to do in Montreal?

PearlJam24PearlJam24 Posts: 340
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm going to Montreal in a couple weeks for my honeymoon and would like some input from people who have been there. I will probably be staying in the downtown Montreal area. I'm not too familiar with the city and have some research to do and figured one of the best places to start is here. When I went to Wisconsin for PJ20, you guys came through and gave some great ideas! Round two, any good sites/restaurants you recommend? Would it be best to go with a rental car or are there other forms of transportation available ie subway, bus, whatever?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :?

Old Montreal
    Mont-Royal
    Notre Dame Basilica
    Underground shopping
    Chinatown

What else?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I went there the other month for PJ, came from the UK...

BIODOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    & and if you can stomach the Insectarium
    Both in the same place, incredible incredible places but I just love wildlife!
    Also the Natural History Museum is great, they have some 4 billion year old rock in there!

Go up Parc Du Mont Royal..It tells you there that that is where Montreal got it's name from, never put 1 and 1 together ha. There is beautiful view up there, it's the highest in Montreal (Don't need to pay for the big viewing lift type thing at the Biodome area).
  • Thanks dude :thumbup:
    Brisk. wrote:
    I went there the other month for PJ, came from the UK...

BIODOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    & and if you can stomach the Insectarium
    Both in the same place, incredible incredible places but I just love wildlife!
    Also the Natural History Museum is great, they have some 4 billion year old rock in there!

Go up Parc Du Mont Royal..It tells you there that that is where Montreal got it's name from, never put 1 and 1 together ha. There is beautiful view up there, it's the highest in Montreal (Don't need to pay for the big viewing lift type thing at the Biodome area).