**Appreciation for the old-school rarities**

||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I have to admit, i easily prefer everything PJ have done post-No Code, but im sat here listening to the Toronto boot and the old songs they've resurrected sound frickin' great and really add to the show!

Garden, Why Go etc sound great and mixed with the new songs these setlists are kicking ass. Crowd seems to love the old stuff anyway, so it adds to the coolness of the boot!

Pointless thread? maybe! but for someone who isn't a big fan of 'Ten' i feel i had to post something.
"This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    No good thread!! :D

I love the old material. Let's face it, the older material will always get the crowd going. Take the Astoria gig, Evenflow place erupted, Betterman, we drowned out Ed, Present Tense, singing our hearts out.

They are classics for a reason you know ;):D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    No good thread!! :D

I love the old material. Let's face it, the older material will always get the crowd going. Take the Astoria gig, Evenflow place erupted, Betterman, we drowned out Ed, Present Tense, singing our hearts out.

They are classics for a reason you know ;):D

It's only since the Astoria that i've started appreciating the 'Ten' material again. I got chills when Even Flow kicked in and we all went insane! Never seen a crowd of erupt like that!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

It's only since the Astoria that i've started appreciating the 'Ten' material again. I got chills when Even Flow kicked in and we all went insane! Never seen a crowd of erupt like that!

I know! Certainly something to treasure forever and something I will always be proud to have been a part of.

I think witnessing Why Go was something incredibly moving and emotional. I guess they are just a band who can touch me in a way no other band can or is likely to.

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    I know! Certainly something to treasure forever and something I will always be proud to have been a part of.

I think witnessing Why Go was something incredibly moving and emotional. I guess they are just a band who can touch me in a way no other band can or is likely to.

That's a nice way of putting it.
    Speaking of which, despite my love for the classic that is 'Black', i think Come Back sounds better live than Black has for a few years. It's simply beautiful, and Ed's voice is so honest and emotional. It's really moving me!

Speaking of which, despite my love for the classic that is 'Black', i think Come Back sounds better live than Black has for a few years. It's simply beautiful, and Ed's voice is so honest and emotional. It's really moving me!

Strange, I'm listening to Come Back too from the Toronot boot. Spooky :eek: :D

Yes I like Come Back now. I didn't at first but it's grown on me considerably. :)

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Strange, I'm listening to Come Back too from the Toronot boot. Spooky :eek: :D

Yes I like Come Back now. I didn't at first but it's grown on me considerably. :)

I think when people hear it on the tour it'll grow on them. It sounds great in a big arena. Ed's voice just echoes and fills the place.

Why Go sounds great again too! I love singing the 'why go home...' bit!

• Be sure to take a listen to Night 2. It was a thousand times better than night one, even though that was still an amazing concert.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
    Be sure to take a listen to Night 2. It was a thousand times better than night one, even though that was still an amazing concert.

Will do, just waiting for the boot to be available! Did Ed sound ok on Release?

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    they f'n soundchecked

[size=+2]Satans Bed ! [/size]
    :eek:

id love to hear that one ! :D
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    they f'n soundchecked

[size=+2]Satans Bed ! [/size]
    :eek:

id love to hear that one ! :D

Wow!!! Now that's a song to be played live. :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557

I love Come Back and really want to hear it live but Black... come on!! when Eddie sings "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star..." does it get any better............?!!!!
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    UKDave wrote:
    I love Come Back and really want to hear it live but Black... come on!! when Eddie sings "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star..." does it get any better............?!!!!

Don't get me wrong, i really love the song. But Come Back has a beautiful simplicity to it. nothing overly dramatic, just an honest, pure song.

Don't get me wrong, i really love the song. But Come Back has a beautiful simplicity to it. nothing overly dramatic, just an honest, pure song.

Totally agree was one of my favourites from the first play of the new album, it'll be great live... can't wait :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Totally agree was one of my favourites from the first play of the new album, it'll be great live... can't wait :D

I'm so excited because there isn't one song i don't like on the new album so no matter what songs they play at the euro shows i'm gonna be stoked to hear them!

UKDave wrote:

It's alright. We know just how soppy Dave is ;):D He likes all those kind of songs :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
    It's alright. We know just how soppy Dave is ;):D He likes all those kind of songs :D

Guilty as charged........

But who started the LEASH chant? don't worry I can kick it with the best... when the rest of them retreated out of the pit at the Astoria I was still there :p
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Guilty as charged........

But who started the LEASH chant? don't worry I can kick it with the best... when the rest of them retreated out of the pit at the Astoria I was still there :p

I really wanted to stick it out up front but i simply couldnt breathe. Some people had elbows in my back and i as squashed up against Emma (username - Wash). If i'd stayed any longer i would've passed out!

I really wanted to stick it out up front but i simply couldnt breathe. Some people had elbows in my back and i as squashed up against Emma (username - Wash). If i'd stayed any longer i would've passed out!

I lasted the whole gig but was wasted by the end.......
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    I lasted the whole gig but was wasted by the end.......

Hard core!! :D

Wouldn't worry mate, I'm not good at being squashed. I was happier on the edges, got room to move and flail. It was great!

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Hard core!! :D

Wouldn't worry mate, I'm not good at being squashed. I was happier on the edges, got room to move and flail. It was great!

Couldn't drag myself away... felt obliged to show the guys how much we appreciated the show.... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Couldn't drag myself away... felt obliged to show the guys how much we appreciated the show.... ;)

At least you didn't feel obliged to show them in quite the same way as Fraser ;)

Rockin' out to Creadles
    At least you didn't feel obliged to show them in quite the same way as Fraser ;)

Yeah... respect Fraser :D you may well have guaranteed a London and Glasgow gig for 2007... :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12