Options

A VERY UNDERRATED SHOW!!!! 8 years ago!!!

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited November 2008 in The Porch
The show the day AFTER this one gets all the attention because of Roskilde... the whole "ALIVE" thing and last show of a long tour and all of that.....

HOWEVER!!!

The day before was a GREAT SHOW as well. Check it out.....I would put this show up there with the 11-6 ANYDAY!! I was there....LOVED it....cried...danced....and had a GREAT time....I popped it in this morning(as I try to do everyday there is a PJ show...:D ) and had forgotten how good of a night it really was.....ENJOY IT!!! If you dont have it? Find it!! Borrow it!! Steal it!! ROCK IT!!!!

:D

2000-11-05 Seattle Washington Key Arena

Set 1 Long Road, Breakerfall, Corduroy, Whipping, Gods' Dice, Animal, Given To Fly, Nothing As it Seems, Daughter/(Bull in The Heather)/(Beautiful Way), MFC, Lukin, Wishlist, Better Man, Even Flow, Crown Of Thorns, Black, Do The Evolution, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror
Encore 1 Timeless Melody, Light Years, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Last Exit, State Of Love And Trust, Spin The Black Circle, Last Kiss, Porch
Encore 2 Parting Ways, Yellow Ledbetter
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    word...I wish they'd play key arena again
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    word...I wish they'd play key arena again

Those two shows were the last time they played Seattle PROPER....The 02 shows dont really count imho....Warm-up shows.....;)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Those two shows were the last time they played Seattle PROPER....The 02 shows dont really count imho....Warm-up shows.....;)

That's what I say. It has been almost a decade since PJ played Seattle as part of a tour.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    jeffbr wrote:
    That's what I say. It has been almost a decade since PJ played Seattle as part of a tour.

It's been OVER a decade now since they played SLC, Utah...but only by 5 months ;)..

what do you say, Seattle and SLC 2009??
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    That is a stellar set list.

It really is, and they played with great energy that night as well!! AMAZING energy!!

• Options
    I was there, went to both shows. Very sad. I thought they were gonna break up after that.
    Yes it was a great show very underated. I always look at two shows in the same city as a ying and yang kind of thing.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    yin and yang for both shows - you are spot on.

the first night had a great setlist and performance, however, the crowd stole it away IMO. I was there both nights, and there was an unmistakable difference with the crowd both nights.

night 1 the crowd seemed tired (with waiting in the rain all day in line?) and not happy to be there (which seems crazy, but if you were there, you might recall). this made a great performance seem mediocre.

this, based with the crowd at night 2, made night 1 seem to pale in comparison. honestly, night 2, there was actual electricity present - flowing between the crowd members, and then transfered to the band, and then back to the crowd. the hairs stood on my arms, especially when the guys walked out and Release was started. the only time i've ever had that experience at a concert. and i've been too my fair share.

anyway, to sum up, both nights were rockin', but the electricity and energy at night 2, made it stand out more than night 1. not that night 1 was bad by any means.

and yes, from what I can tell from the boot, the Boise show kicked serious ass. it ranks in my top 5 U.S. '00 boots.

In fact, I'd say the top 5 U.S. '00 boots (NPO):

Lubbock
    Tampa
    Boise
    Pittsburgh
    Seattle II
    Live Free or Die!
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,520
    Remember, remember the 5th of November.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm listening to the boot right now. It's been way too long since I last gave it a spin.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    i remember that show......definitely a good one. :)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!