Hey Boston People! Lookin for advice...

RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey Boston People (and those familiar with boston)- I'm heading to your town for a few days around New Years with my crew of crazy ass biznotches and need some guidance. Any advice on what to do, where to go, sights, events, concerts etc? They all want to head to Southie for NYE. This crew likes to rage. Gangsta style. Dive Bar Style. Rock out style. Not so much super fancy style. A little bit fancy can be okay. Any help and recommendations would be appreciated, Southie or not. ...One thing is we need to avoid Back Bay and Cambridge areas. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!! :D
BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Hey Boston People (and those familiar with boston)- I'm heading to your town for a few days around New Years with my crew of crazy ass biznotches and need some guidance. Any advice on what to do, where to go, sights, events, concerts etc? They all want to head to Southie for NYE. This crew likes to rage. Gangsta style. Dive Bar Style. Rock out style. Not so much super fancy style. A little bit fancy can be okay. Any help and recommendations would be appreciated, Southie or not. ...One thing is we need to avoid Back Bay and Cambridge areas. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!! :D

Watch out for the Townies.

If something is "wicked", is is actually righteous!
  • North End, Boston Common
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Watch out for the Townies.

If something is "wicked", is is actually righteous!

thanks Joe! :lol:

We are a crew that likes Townies. :D Our host, and my best friend, works on fishing boats and will be the only female at sea for weeks at a time. She is a surly, swearing, hardcore "wicked" baller. I work in the jail and negotiate payments plans with crack dealers for my clients. Just to a paint a picture of the type of biznotches I'm talking about. :lol:

North End, Boston Common

Thanks! Any particular spots? Bars, restaurants etc?

• Hey RYE, Wu-Tang is playing in the Theater District on NYE. Gonna be a lot of gangstas down there.

There's so much to do here. Might be selling yourselves short going to Southie. Not really a great NYE spot.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RYEzupSF wrote:

I really don't want to disclose this place but it is a special night so here you go. When in Boston hop on I 90 and head west. Take Exit 9 which will be I 84W. Stay on that road for a bit and then follow the signs for I 95. Take that until you see...

new_york_city.jpg
  • Horrible DS. Just horrible.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Horrible DS. Just horrible.

:mrgreen:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    DS1119 wrote:
    Horrible DS. Just horrible.

:mrgreen:

:lol:
    Hey RYE, Wu-Tang is playing in the Theater District on NYE. Gonna be a lot of gangstas down there.

There's so much to do here. Might be selling yourselves short going to Southie. Not really a great NYE spot.

GET THE FUCK OUT!! THAT IS WHERE WE ARE GOING!! WE ARE HUGE WU FANS. they all came out here a few summers ago and we all went and saw them :lol: ...I keep telling them that about southie, but they are fascinated. :lol:

It is Wu Time!! W for life

• RYEzupSF wrote:
    Hey RYE, Wu-Tang is playing in the Theater District on NYE. Gonna be a lot of gangstas down there.

GET THE FUCK OUT!! THAT IS WHERE WE ARE GOING!! WE ARE HUGE WU FANS. they all came out here a few summers ago and we all went and saw them :lol: ...I keep telling them that about southie, but they are fascinated. :lol:

It is Wu Time!! W for life
    Oops. Dont kill me RYE. Just checked and its actually Dec 28, not 31. Not sure if this fits the parameters of your trip now. Shit.

We are a BIG drinking town, especially for NYears, so regardless what you guys do, its gonna be awesome.
    DS1119 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

I really don't want to disclose this place but it is a special night so here you go. When in Boston hop on I 90 and head west. Take Exit 9 which will be I 84W. Stay on that road for a bit and then follow the signs for I 95. Take that until you see...

new_york_city.jpg

Thanks. :lol: That is where I will be before Christmas. But I will be travelling to Boston via the Catskills.

Oops. Dont kill me RYE. Just checked and its actually Dec 28, not 31. Not sure if this fits the parameters of your trip now. Shit.

We are a BIG drinking town, especially for NYears, so regardless what you guys do, its gonna be awesome.

Well it looks like I'll be heading to Boston a day early. :lol: Gangstas don't dance they boogie. ...but if you have any recs for bars or areas for NYE I will gladly take them. Thanks!

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    'flip a bitch' is actually called 'bangin' a uuey' there.

unlost should be along in a bit...I can tell her to give you a jungle too if you like.

if you find an outboard prop in the water, you may want to drop it off at her house as a holiday gift.

Stay away from the Italian restaurant with cockroaches as dining companions. Ponc knows where it is...

I hear Marley's isn't that far away...maybe they're closed for the season, give D-man a ringie.

Green Circle is out there too...not sure what he can do for you. i'm sure he'll find something to entertain you...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Thing is, a lot of places have the deal where you buy a ticket for say 20-100 bucks to keep you at one bar the whole night. Restaurant reservations are tough to come by, but I'd try places in the North End and Back Bay/South End. Really cant go wrong with any of those places. Bars in Copley and Faneuil Hall are great on NYears. There are so many, cant really go wrong there either. I'll come up with some specifics shortly, but I'm certain you guys are gonna love the city regardless.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    best advice...DON'T GO :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    DS1119 wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

new_york_city.jpg

BRAVO BRAVO :lol::lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    if you don't mind cock roachs, i know of a great seafood place...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Thing is, a lot of places have the deal where you buy a ticket for say 20-100 bucks to keep you at one bar the whole night. Restaurant reservations are tough to come by, but I'd try places in the North End and Back Bay/South End. Really cant go wrong with any of those places. Bars in Copley and Faneuil Hall are great on NYears. There are so many, cant really go wrong there either. I'll come up with some specifics shortly, but I'm certain you guys are gonna love the city regardless.

Awesome! Thank you!

And thank you everyone else for your hilarious and EXTREMELY HELPFUL tips. :lol::lol:

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    If you have time, go to the Sam Adams brewery. It's $2 to get in and they give you tons of free beer. I was awesomely tipsy when I left there - total steal at $2!! :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    If you have time, go to the Sam Adams brewery. It's $2 to get in and they give you tons of free beer. I was awesomely tipsy when I left there - total steal at $2!! :D

Great idea! I love me a good brewery tour. :D

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    If you're looking for small and dive-y, here's my faves:

Sligo Pub - Davis Square, Somerville
    PJ Ryan's - Teele Square, Somerville
    Cantab Lounge - Central Square, Cambridge
    The Field - Central Square, Cambridge
    Phoenix Landing - Central Square, Cambridge
    The Druid - Inman Square, Cambridge
    Atwood's - Inman Square, Cambridge
    Model Cafe - Allston

Not sure what any of their deals are for NYE, but whether you're looking to bar-hop or hunker down in one spot, they're all in fairly lively areas.
    pjl44 wrote:
    If you're looking for small and dive-y, here's my faves:

Sligo Pub - Davis Square, Somerville
    PJ Ryan's - Teele Square, Somerville
    Cantab Lounge - Central Square, Cambridge
    The Field - Central Square, Cambridge
    Phoenix Landing - Central Square, Cambridge
    The Druid - Inman Square, Cambridge
    Atwood's - Inman Square, Cambridge
    Model Cafe - Allston

Not sure what any of their deals are for NYE, but whether you're looking to bar-hop or hunker down in one spot, they're all in fairly lively areas.

Awesome info! Thank you!

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    picked up this sticker when i was in boston.

ynkeh8r.jpg
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    picked up this sticker when i was in boston.

ynkeh8r.jpg

I'm gonna get about 50 of those. :lol:

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,934
    Not from Beantown , But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Its pronounced ChowDUH.

You're welcome, glad to be of service.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Not from Beantown , But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Its pronounced ChowDUH.

You're welcome, glad to be of service.

you know where i had the yummiest chowDUH??? friggin' CHEERS of all places.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    hey sara get 27 of those stickers.... :lol::lol::lol:

1 for each ring

1 for each ring

zing
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

1 for each ring

Wow Jason- the Yanks must have a lot of money to buy that many rings...

and I'm gonna stick to the original 50. Next time I see you watch your back. :D