I kind of got someone fired

PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I was out to eat at a local pizzeria yesterday and I am very picky about my eating habits. Anyway, I ordered a sandwich a certain way and it wasn’t the way I wanted it when the young man brought it to the table. I immediately told him and he took it back. My brother was up at the counter at the time, and overheard this exchange between the young man and the cook.

Young man “I specifically typed in how the sandwich was to be made and you didn’t make it that way.”

Cook “I made the sandwich all right, you’re an idiot.”

Young man “You’re fired, get the fuck out of here.”

And the cook walked out.

My brother came back to the table and said, you just got someone fired. I was shocked.

I feel bad, but I also am a believer that you should get what you ask for and pay for.

But I do feel bad, I’m assuming this wasn’t the first bad encounter between these two.

But it being the holidays and all . . . :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• He called his boss an idiot - it's all on him, not you.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I don't think you were wrong. It wasn't what you ordered. It's out of your control what happened after that. Plus, he called the guy an idiot. Maybe he was on his last leg anyway.
    (it still reminds me of that Will and Grace episode).
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    sounds like this wasn't the first time the cook fucked up...probably deserved to be fired and your order was the tipping point

don't feel bad
  • You certainly didn't get him fired -- if the conversation went as your brother described it sounds like the cook didn't want to work for the young man any longer.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I know it wasn't my fault, per se, but it still sucks that it was my ordered that was the last straw.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I know it wasn't my fault, per se, but it still sucks that it was my ordered that was the last straw.

DO NOT FEEL BAD!! That is not your fault. I had to let a guy go that I was actually friends with before I became his boss. He called me an asshole in front of some other co-workers and left me no choice.
  • He called his boss an idiot - it's all on him, not you.

He called his boss an idiot... In front of a customer...

Don't feel too bad about it, OP!
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    The food service industry is sometimes tough on it's workers and need to be. What if a cook gets an order wrong by putting something in someone's food that they're allergic to? Then we're talking law suits and the whole place getting shut down. This is extreme but could happen. So really you did the place and the next customer a service. The cook will find another job and perhaps is richer from the lesson.
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    i would go to his apartment with a friend and tell him you are very very sorry

just dont leave his door open during the apology so his cat doesnt sneak out
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    marcos wrote:
    The food service industry is sometimes tough on it's workers and need to be. What if a cook gets an order wrong by putting something in someone's food that they're allergic to? Then we're talking law suits and the whole place getting shut down. This is extreme but could happen. So really you did the place and the next customer a service. The cook will find another job and perhaps is richer from the lesson.

see that's why I am so particular about my food orders, because I am SEVERELY allergic to eggs. The doctor said it was the worst reaction he's ever seen to the pin test thing they do. I had to stay at the doctor and take a liquid shot of benadryl every half hour until the swelling in my arm went down.

And just this weekend too I had to return my home fries because my potatoes had egg residue in them. I am so cautious about this, I scrutize everything. But I'm nice about it if they get it wrong.

As you can see, I eat out a lot. :lol: Especially around the holidays.
  • Don't feel bad, the fact he felt fine calling his boss an idiot probably means they weren't getting along for a while anyway. Maybe he wanted to get fired so he could get unemployment, so he said screw it, I'll call him an idiot!
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    Brony wrote:
    i would go to his apartment with a friend and tell him you are very very sorry

just dont leave his door open during the apology so his cat doesnt sneak out

You know, cats run away all the time. You know, my aunt, she had a cat. Ran away. Showed up three years later.. you never know. They got things in their brains where they remember where they're from. Unless, of course, somebody else starts feeding him. See, that's what you gotta worry about.