Yukon Kornelius

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited December 2011 in The Porch
I don't know how this hasn't been mentioned, but on Saturday night, front row, I witnessed some of the most AMAZING Mike McCready solos I have EVER SEEN! McCready played with Yukon Kornelius at Vail. Someone put a rumor that Dave Matthews was going to show up, EVERYONE insisted he was there, in the end, Mr D, turned out to be Dee Snyder, as was stated on the lineup. Other guests included members of O.A.R., Stefan/Boyd/Sax/Trumpet player from Dave Matthews Band, singer from Fuel, Guster, Barenaked Ladies... they played all sorts of AWESOME covers, Don't Fear the Reaper, We're Not Gonna Take It, Woo Hoo (blur), It's the Perfect time of Year (Bare neaked ladies)... the HIGHLIGHT, without doubt, was seeing McCready RIP the shit out of GnR's Nighttrain with Dee Snyder on vocals... also, Fire by Jimi Hendrix...
Man, what a night.... my ears STILL HURT! My buddies took some pictures, I'll try to get them posted.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Starting to think Jared, Hoff, and myself were the only 10C members at the show...
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    41608_47608283085_4107_q.jpg
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    He was there!
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Lizard wrote:
    :lol: You read my mind.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Sounds absolutely amazing!! Yukon is an awesome little side project supergroup and especially being a big PJ, DMB and Guster fan, I'd love to catch em live someday!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    what I want to know, how did McCready get involved in this? Also, I heard Dave Matthews was there, but was hiding in a port o potty, enjoying the smells... haha, sorry, can't resist a DM poop joke opportunity!
  • You forgot about Lindsay vonn on cowbell.
    I didn't think she was hot, but found the comments the 16yr old Dave Matthews fans were yelling to her QUITE horrible!!! Sheesh, have some respect! Not a Will Farell fan, not at all.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Lizard wrote:

Silver! Gold! Gold! Silver!

....Nothin...
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • PapPap Posts: 28,773
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,942
    Lizard wrote:
    41608_47608283085_4107_qjpg

Silver! Gold! Gold! Silver!

....Nothin...

Here’s An Explanation To That Weird Ax-Licking Scene In ‘Rudolph’

The version of “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” you’ve been watching on TV is actually wrong.

If you grew up watching “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” on TV, you’ve actually seen an incorrect version of the movie. Given the changing needs of commercials, networks — most recently CBS — have shown the movie without all of its scenes, leading to a few confusing moments — particularly the mysterious moment Yukon Cornelius licks his pickax.

“CBS and various powers that be do not care,” television historian Rick Goldschmidt, who has become an expert on the production company behind “Rudolph, “ Rankin/Bass, told The Huffington Post, adding, “‘Rudolph’ has been treated shabbily.”

In an article for TVparty, Goldschmidt wrote that he considers a moment called “The Peppermint Mine Scene” to be “the most significant deleted scene.” It comes right after Rudolph guides Santa through the air to the Island of Misfit Toys. Rudolph’s parents, Donner and Mrs. Donner, Rudolph’s girlfriend, Clarice, and Cornelius are featured, while Donner says, “That’s my buck!” finally confirming Rudolph’s dad is no longer ashamed, as Goldschmidt points out.

But more illuminating is that the scene finally gives an answer as to why Cornelius kept licking his pickax throughout the special. In this deleted scene, Cornelius throws his ax in the air, lets it strike the ground and then, after licking it as he has been wont to do, declares, “Peppermint! What I’ve been searching for all my life! I’ve struck it rich. I’ve got me a peppermint mine ... Wahoooo!”

“The ‘Peppermint Mine Scene’ has not been on TV since 1964,” Goldschmidt explained, while also saying, “The special as it airs on CBS is not right.” However, the peppermint deleted scene is on DVD and Blu-ray.”

Goldschmidt, who has written a definitive book on the making of “Rudolph,” is frustrated that CBS doesn’t put this scene, along with others, back into the broadcast. Talking about the current iteration of the TV broadcast, Goldschmidt said it’s “like a grade school kid edited it,” while additionally finding frustration in how the movie has been time-compressed and the sound quality warbles on multiple songs.

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore