Milwaukee pub question?

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
We ate and drank at a pub in downtown Milwaukee and I was wondering if anyone here knew the name? In the back of the pub was a tree stump with mallets chained to it. For a buck you would buy a nail and the person who hit the nail into the stump requiring the most amounts of hits was responsible for buying that round of drinks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Old German Beer Hall
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Old German Beer Hall

Yes. That sounds like it! Thank you !
  • The name of the game is Hammerslaggin. A big family tradition. Played quite a bit while tailgating @ Alpine this year.
    The name of the game is Hammerslaggin. A big family tradition. Played quite a bit while tailgating @ Alpine this year.

All I know is it was fun. Who thought beer and hammers were actually a good idea?! :D
  • who the fuck goes to Wisconsin???

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

we all did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    who the fuck goes to Wisconsin???

I'd go back too. I liked that city.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    who the fuck goes to Wisconsin???

I'd go back too. I liked that city.
    AND AWESOME PEOPLE!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    AND AWESOME PEOPLE!!!

Yes, the people there were very nice.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    DS1119 wrote:
    AND AWESOME PEOPLE!!!

Nice but slow. People in Wisconsin are in the opposite of a hurry.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    AND AWESOME PEOPLE!!!

not all places need to be like ny :P

This is true. Definitely the east coaster in me speaking. Good time, great people though.
    We also went a couple of times to Rock Bottom. I was very surprised at how good the food was. They also had hot pretzels available for appetizers which was just sick! :mrgreen:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

This is true. Definitely the east coaster in me speaking. Good time, great people though.

The bartender at The Rock Bottom was so nice. SHe actually took the time to hand write directions for us to The Lakefront Brewery. While she was doing this another bartender went into a back office and printed us off directions from MapQuest. Either they were some of the nicest people we ever met or they just really wanted to get us the fuck out of there.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The bartender at The Rock Bottom was so nice. SHe actually took the time to hand write directions for us to The Lakefront Brewery. While she was doing this another bartender went into a back office and printed us off directions from MapQuest. Either they were some of the nicest people we ever met or they just really wanted to get us the fuck out of there.

That's great. It is a friendly group of people.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    AND AWESOME PEOPLE!!!

I thought this when I first moved here. I thought what the hell is wrong with these people? They move slower than a snail...but then I realized it's just the East Coast part of me coming out. It definitely takes some getting used to. But a wonderful atmosphere of people here.
    sheila0225 wrote:

I thought this when I first moved here. I thought what the hell is wrong with these people? They move slower than a snail...but then I realized it's just the East Coast part of me coming out. It definitely takes some getting used to. But a wonderful atmosphere of people here.

This reminds me of the first time I was in Phoenix. We stop into a pizza place and we are waiting at the counter. The young girl stands up and she says hi my name Melissa...and your name? I'm thinking...two slices plain Melissa and hurry the fuck up!! :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

This reminds me of the first time I was in Phoenix. We stop into a pizza place and we are waiting at the counter. The young girl stands up and she says hi my name Melissa...and your name? I'm thinking...two slices plain Melissa and hurry the fuck up!! :lol:

:lol: Be happy you were able to find a place that sold pizza by the slice...Here I can't find a damn one! :lol:
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    My good friend's family owns that place... very nice people... lots of my friends worked there... they all say the same thing, they were SHOCKED a nail hasn't flown into someone's eye yet.. I think it's such a bad idea!
    sheila0225 wrote:
    :lol: Be happy you were able to find a place that sold pizza by the slice...Here I can't find a damn one! :lol:

That sucks!
    DS1119 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

That sucks!

No shit! I have to go to Pennsylvania for one! But come to think of it...maybe Chicago has a place. That's my mission come Saturday now. :lol::mrgreen:
    pjtaper wrote:
    My good friend's family owns that place... very nice people... lots of my friends worked there... they all say the same thing, they were SHOCKED a nail hasn't flown into someone's eye yet.. I think it's such a bad idea!

It was awesome though! :lol:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

That sucks!

No shit! I have to go to Pennsylvania for one! But come to think of it...maybe Chicago has a place. That's my mission come Saturday now. :lol::mrgreen:

I assume most of the pizza served in that area (Chicago, Milwaukee etc) is deep dish. Maybe that's why it's not by the slice?
    You think people in WI are slow, trying moving to Denver, CO... people stop at intersections because they think there should be a stop sign... it's awful! I can't stand driving in this city
    sheila0225 wrote:

Funny you say this. We were out eating and it was taking forever and I was getting so frustrated. people were just chatting and taking their time. After a few minutes I was like "what the hell is wrong with me?" I have no where to be, I'm here for a damn concert, I'm not in a rush. Definitely the east coast part of me. Seems like a great place.
    sounds like I have the patience of an east coaster... where the HELL is my EMEK poster!?!!!!??!