THANK YOU ANONYMOUS 10C BUDDIES!!!!

Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
This past Friday when I got home from work as normal I get home and sift through my mail pail that my
wife leaves for me at the corner of the kitchen counter. Amongst the ever ending pile of bills and junk mail,
there was a small padded envelope from Crestwood, IL.

I opened the envelope and inside was yet another envelope addressed simply "Theo" (maybe coinsidentally in a "green" envelope :D ) and inside that envelope was a small christmas card with a $50 gift card inside.

A feeling of graciousness and warmth overcame me, as it does now. The note said "Merry Christmas from you 10 club buddies!" This has been a very financially difficult year for the Green Circle family. I cannot thank you all
who did this enough. It could mean at least a couple more gifts under the tree for my kids (to which they have already been told that it was not going to be a very "big" christmas, or it could we could have a nice traditional Christmas dinner.

To know that I have friends and aquiantanses that would do this for me is amazing to me. I do hope one day I can repay the favor to someone else here who is in need around this holiday time or any time for that matter.

I truly, TRULY feel blessed to belong to such a huge family here. I can't even tell you how much it means to me.

So thank you, thank you from the depths of all our hearts here in MA. in the van Lingen family.
The appreciation I feel for you all is deeper than anyone will know.

With Great Thanks,

Green Circle (aka Theo van Lingen)
"...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    This past Friday when I got home from work as normal I get home and sift through my mail pail that my
    wife leaves for me at the corner of the kitchen counter. Amongst the ever ending pile of bills and junk mail,
    there was a small padded envelope from Crestwood, IL.

I opened the envelope and inside was yet another envelope addressed simply "Theo" (maybe coinsidentally in a "green" envelope :D ) and inside that envelope was a small christmas card with a $50 gift card inside.

A feeling of graciousness and warmth overcame me, as it does now. The note said "Merry Christmas from you 10 club buddies!" This has been a very financially difficult year for the Green Circle family. I cannot thank you all
    who did this enough. It could mean at least a couple more gifts under the tree for my kids (to which they have already been told that it was not going to be a very "big" christmas, or it could we could have a nice traditional Christmas dinner.

To know that I have friends and aquiantanses that would do this for me is amazing to me. I do hope one day I can repay the favor to someone else here who is in need around this holiday time or any time for that matter.

I truly, TRULY feel blessed to belong to such a huge family here. I can't even tell you how much it means to me.

So thank you, thank you from the depths of all our hearts here in MA. in the van Lingen family.
    The appreciation I feel for you all is deeper than anyone will know.

With Great Thanks,

Green Circle (aka Theo van Lingen)
    :clap::clap::clap::clap:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • awesome\!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap:
  • :oops: :) :oops:
  • This community is absolutely wonderful-I feel so blessed to be a part of it.

May you have a beautiful holiday season and may 2012 hold many blessings for you.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • This community is absolutely wonderful-I feel so blessed to be a part of it.

May you have a beautiful holiday season and may 2012 hold many blessings for you.

thank you and to you as well.
  • Ok that's awesome!!!!
    Love this place :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    :D:D These people are the best!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Awesome!! :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    awesome!
  • So cool, Green Circle! I'm constantly amazed by the warmth and generosity I've seen here. I'm so proud to know I'm a member of such a wonderful community.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
    So cool, Green Circle! I'm constantly amazed by the warmth and generosity I've seen here. I'm so proud to know I'm a member of such a wonderful community.

:D
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    :D:D:D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    :D8-):D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    awesome, I love this story!
    Nice job elves....
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    :thumbup: :clap:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Just saw this now :D

Glad the folks around here brightened your day a bit. Thank YOU for making this place a little more special ;)

ho, ho, ho :mrgreen:
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap::clap:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    AWESOME!!! Not surprised though, I've met some AMAZING people on this board, some of my BEST friends. Have a Merry Christmas!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Congrats Theo!

I have met so many amazing people on here...this is another wonderful gesture of kindness. :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • bump 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Bump is right. I check my mail today and I received the same thing.
    I'm asking myself why I recieved this.
    I'm totally greatfull for the gift. It will do me a world of wonders this year as well
    Just dumbfounded. Ty 10c elves soo much.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
    Bump is right. I check my mail today and I received the same thing.
    I'm totally greatfull for the gift. It will do me a world of wonders this year as well

RF
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I love stories like this. It's such a great community and family we have here. :mrgreen:
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Bump is right. I check my mail today and I received the same thing.

RF
    Well clearly someone don't think I am fuker. :p
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.

Well that person has created a whole new genre or class of rat fuckery that hasn't even been witnessed yet. I'm talking like SuperMan rat fuckery.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I'm talking like SuperMan rat fuckery.
    http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.266256605.jpg
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm talking like SuperMan rat fuckery.
    http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.266256605.jpg

:lol:
  • DS1119 wrote:

Well that person has created a whole new genre or class of rat fuckery that hasn't even been witnessed yet. I'm talking like SuperMan rat fuckery.
    Your gonna get a lump of rat shit in your stocking for that. :D
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.