2012 French Open - how to get tickets?

SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone ever been to the French Open, and if so, can you let me know how does one go about getting tickets? My dad really wants to go next year, but I'm having trouble figuring out how the ticket stuff works.

Any info anyone has would be super duper helpful. My dad's been talking about it for years and seems keener than ever, so I'd like to get him tickets otherwise it will just be another year of talking about it...

Thank you! :mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tickets are available for all dates and range from $200-$4000.
    Goggle French open tickets or Vivid Seats
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Tickets are available for all dates and range from $200-$4000.
    Goggle French open tickets or Vivid Seats
    What's the official site to get tickets? And what's Vivid Seats, is that a broker site or is it like Ticketmaster?

For example, I go to the US Open ever year. I buy my seats through USOpen.org that is run by the USTA. Is there a French equivalent?

Thanks.
  • When I google French Open tix, all I seem to find are broker sites . The tickets must bought the first day and then sold through brokers for huge profits. Seems to happen for all events now days
    When I google French Open tix, all I seem to find are broker sites . The tickets must bought the first day and then sold through brokers for huge profits. Seems to happen for all events now days
    Yea, that's why I thought of asking here as a last ditch effort.

Thanks for looking tho. :mrgreen:
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    edited December 2011
    From what remember I think its a lottery and they tell you later if you got them. There was site you requested what you wanted on a certain date.
    http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 5502025105
    Post edited by mauichick on
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
    mauichick wrote:
    From what remember I think its a lottery and they tell you later if you got them. There was site you requested what you wanted on a certain date.
    Thank you! I will look into it. I know for Wimbledon it's a kind of lottery too.
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    edited December 2011
    Suziemay wrote:
    mauichick wrote:
    Thank you! I will look into it. I know for Wimbledon it's a kind of lottery too.

Thank god for google :-). Official sale site above 2.15 is public onsale
    be careful on scalping
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/sport ... alper.html
    Post edited by mauichick on
    mauichick wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    mauichick wrote:

Thank god for google :-). Official sale site above 2.15 is public onsale
    Omigosh, thank you so much!! You know, I had looked into this awhile ago and didn't think to look again. Maybe the dates just weren't up at the time (and I didn't realize you could do the translating thing). Thank you!!! :mrgreen:
  • Nytimes got me there. Googling roland garros got me to old 2011 site or the scalping sites. Im jealous have to do the french, wimbledon and the australian one day. Hope yr dad has an awesome trip (and you too if yr going)
    mauichick wrote:
    Nytimes got me there. Googling roland garros got me to old 2011 site or the scalping sites. Im jealous have to do the french, wimbledon and the australian one day. Hope yr dad has an awesome trip (and you too if yr going)
    Thank you! Dunno if I can go, since I want to go to the PJ Euro tour in July :D But I would like to do the whole circuit someday too!
  • Official Roland Garros website for ticket purchase is here http://rolandgarros.billetterie.fft.fr/uk
    Public sale starts on February 15th. Good luck. :D
    IGotShit76 wrote:
    Official Roland Garros website for ticket purchase is here http://rolandgarros.billetterie.fft.fr/uk
    Public sale starts on February 15th. Good luck. :D
    Thank you! Look at that, it's in English :oops: :oops: I really think I had looked earlier when the site wasn't yet and found something in French that I didn't understand. Shoulda looked again before I posted. Thanks everyone for your help!! Hope I get tix for my Dad. :mrgreen: