Options

will gn'r reunite at the rock n roll hall of fame?

erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
edited December 2011 in Other Music
the post ponders the ultimate question on everybody's mind. will they play, will axl show, will they fight? this is going to be an interesting year fo sho! beasties rhcp, gn'r. only 5 more years & pearl jam goes in.
"It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    axl has said repeatedly that he would rather die than share a stage with Slash again. and he doesn't care about the money, they have been offered obcene amounts to reunite, and Axl (and I think Slash too) says no.

And somewhere Steven Adler cries in his methodone.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    i say no because axl is a fucking dick.

and why no Rush
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    klusterfuk wrote:

:lol:

Now tell us what you really think! :lol:

Nah...but seriously - I totally agree. With Axl, it's all about Axl. Which is too bad. GnR doesn't exist anymore, as far as I'm concerned. Axl can hire on whoever and run them through his revolving door...but that band is GnR in name only now. At least for me.

With the RRHF, he has a chance to act like a non-douche...but douche is just in his nature. So I'm guessing that GnR will not re-unite for the event.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I say yes, but Axl will show up 8 hours late and no one will get to see them play. :D
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    everyone but slash will play in the band. i can see slash saying something for a few min and accepting the award and then walk off stage.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    My guess is everyone but Axl will accept the award. Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Matt will accept. They'll get some somebody to stand in on vocals during their performance, and my guess is Fergie.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Axl is a douche, so no :cry:
    klusterfuk wrote:

and why no Rush
  • Options
    those are my thoughts as well. axl is a douche. i think slash has gotten past even wanting to play with him. it's been almost 20 years since they've even been around each other. hopefully the chilis & the beasties will do something. axl probably won't even show.
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    Axl's new band has played with Izzy and Duff, and is playing some shows with Duff on this tour. He obviously would be willing to play with them, just probably not Slash, who walked out on GnR. Not sure why everyone thinks Axl is a deuche - everybody else quit GnR.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    I'm going to go search for the article, but all the guys actually said they would play for the HOF except Axl. And he hasn't said no or anything of that nature, but there's obviously just been no comment on his part- esp. since his one stipulation is that no one can question him reuniting with the original GnR.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I'm thinking they will. Would be like the Pink floyd thing at Live 8 in 2005, I would hope. They should play the Hall of fame ceremony, It would be so lame if they didn't. If Axl were to play with the new group, it's just disrespectful, IMHO. They should do what Metallica did: have all old members. Matt Sorum, and steven Adler both drum for a song or two. Guess we shall see. I would think the real GNR could stand on stage for 25-30 minutes, and play considering they are going into the hall of fame, but we shall see. :think:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    I say yes, but Axl will show up 8 hours late and no one will get to see them play. :D

That is a definite possibility
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    I hope so. Not being able to bury a hatchet or to even just ignore eachother's presence for 8 minutes on stage over some grudge you have from 18-20 years ago is pretty pathetic for the maturity level for both Slash and Axl.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    it would be awesome. slash walked out on axl because paul huge wasn't a good enough guitar player & slash had bonded with gilby. he was pissed that gilby got fired & axl brought his buddy into the fold. the book w.a.r. by (ironically) mick wall explained the situation. i know axl called that dude out in "get in the ring", but he talked to slash about what went down during preproduction. i did enjoy chinese democracy. i liked the demo version "better", but thought that there were some great moments on it. "street of dreams" in particular tears me up. "irs" sounds like classic gn'r to a degree...
  • Options
    big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
    I'd hope the guys can bear each other for a few tracks for old times sake, I'd be pissed off if the 'Axl Project' played, they are not GnR and never will be, even if Izzy doesn't come back and Gilby steps in again, that's the line up I saw nearly 20 years ago.
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    axl gave a recent interview on that metal show and he seemed very optimistic about reuniting. i feel like there's only so much more bitching and complaining they can do. it's been going on for so long that there's really no use to it any more. axl's career is going down hill and i feel the only way to revive it is by reuniting with the whole band. it's definitely going to be very interesting to see what happens.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    I hope so. Not being able to bury a hatchet or to even just ignore eachother's presence for 8 minutes on stage over some grudge you have from 18-20 years ago is pretty pathetic for the maturity level for both Slash and Axl.

they probably would have been able to bury the hatchet, but Slash brought it all to the forefront again with this book. Axl said that book really pissed him off.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    surforia wrote:
    Axl's new band has played with Izzy and Duff, and is playing some shows with Duff on this tour. He obviously would be willing to play with them, just probably not Slash, who walked out on GnR. Not sure why everyone thinks Axl is a deuche - everybody else quit GnR.

If I'm not mistaken, Axl's rampant douchebaggery was the main reason they all quit.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    direwolf74 wrote:
    surforia wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, Axl's rampant douchebaggery was the main reason they all quit.

if I'm not mistaken, you are not mistaken.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    direwolf74 wrote:
    surforia wrote:

RAMPANT!

To be honest,
    if they DID (which they WONT) get back together, it would STILL suck.

They would have to turn slash's guitar up loud enough to drown Axl out,
    or otherwise Axl would have to fall off the stage after the first few notes in order to save face.

FUCK AXL ROSE.

I actually had a dream the other night that I was walking down the stairs in to an arena (to see GnR, i guess) with my buddy. Someone about 3 stairs down looking like a prize fighter in a robe with dreads, and a big black dude behind him, and i was just talking real loudly to my buddy about how Axl was the biggest fuckin douchebag crybaby suckass piece of shit ...

we got to the bottom ofthe stairs and the prize fighter turned around, it was axl (duh) and he lunged at me to kick my ass, screaming loudly, while his body guard pushed him back and pinned him down. We turned like pussies and ran up the stairs.

The next day i heard on the radio that Axl Rose had committed suicide, apparently because some disgruntled fan had spewed prolific bad words at him, and caused him to break down.

I heard it and was VERY upset ...
    ... that they had DRASTICALLY MISQUOTED MY negative comments.
    lol.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I think they should turn the tables on Axl. Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt should play and have an Axl impersonator sing.

Fuck Axl.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
    youngster wrote:
    I think they should turn the tables on Axl. Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt should play and have an Axl impersonator sing.

Fuck Axl.
    Love it!
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    My guess is everyone but Axl will accept the award. Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Matt will accept. They'll get some somebody to stand in on vocals during their performance, and my guess is Fergie.

Fergie should be nowhere near those guys on a stage. She's a talentless idiot.
  • Options
    Olivavu wrote:

I totally agree. I'm not saying I want that to happen, but my guess is something along those lines.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Olivavu wrote:

I totally agree. I'm not saying I want that to happen, but my guess is something along those lines.

I'd think if Slash was gonna have a say it would be Myles Kennedy over Fergie.

I personally think it'll be either the classic lineup or totally different band paying tribute.

I could defnitely see Slash being convinced to perform with Axl, as he seems to be pretty "go with the flow" but not sure about the other way around. Though, surprisingly Axl didn't immediately dismiss the original lineup idea on "That Metal Show".
  • Options
    But Slash had say on his last solo album and there was Fergie's dumb ass singing Paradise City.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    But Slash had say on his last solo album and there was Fergie's dumb ass singing Paradise City.

Kennedy went on tour and obviously the live album with him and I'm pretty sure he's doin all the vox on his new one.

I think it all depends on who shows up to the ceremony. If the whole GnR lineup shows up and they can't put the past away for an hour to accept the award and jam, then I don't see Axl signing off on anybody else singing with them, which will probably lead to some shitty band like Buckcherry payin tribute.

Maybe the best we should hope for would be the old lineup and the new lineup on stage and us hoping the new guys either realize their place and lay back or they just get turned down at the soundboard.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose hints he may reform with former members at Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
    Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose hints he may reform with former members at Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Singer also reveals why he never got on with Slash
    More Guns N' Roses news, reviews, videos and tour dates
    Buy Guns N' Roses music from AmazonGuns N' Roses news RSS Feed
    Photo: PAGuns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has hinted he may team up with members of the original line-up for their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

The singer, who is the only original member in the current outfit, also said he was reluctant to reform the old line-up because of people making money at their expense.

He told the LA Times: I've got mixed emotions about what the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame actually really is, but at the same time, there's a lot of people the fans that it just means something to them, and they're happy. So I don't want to take that away from them.
    He added: "All these managers, they all believe in one thing: sell a reunion tour and get their commission. It's just a phone call. It's a half a day's work, or however long they want to keep the bidding war going. They get their commission and they don't care if it falls on its face."

He also said if the band were to reunite, he wouldn't have former drummer Steven Adler, who recently said he was doubtful the original line-up would reform, and rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin on board. Surprisingly though he said he would consider joining forces with Slash despite their differences and bassist Duff McKagan, who recently supported the band on tour.

"The only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," he explained.

"It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I’m working with right now, they work really hard and it’s hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I’ve also seen what they’ve done since, and I just know the difficulties. So it’s not really even a full reunion."

He also explained that he has never got on with Slash ever since the band started because of a power struggle. "It was really a fight with me and Slash," he added..

"Izzy was doing the same thing, but the fight with me and Slash started the day I met him. He came in, popped my tape out and put his in and wanted me in his band. And I didn't want to join his band. We've had that war since Day 1."

Meanwhile, Rose had a fan thrown out of the band's recent show in Vancouver, Canada.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I'm going to the New Year's show in Vegas. I'll post my review of the show on here. Lets just say, I'm not going in with high expectations.
    2010: Mountain View, CA (10/23)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3-9/4)
    2012: Missoula, MT (09/30) - San Francisco, CA (10/03)
    2013: Chicago, Ill (07/19) - Los Angeles (11/23 - 11/24) - Oakland (11/26) - Portland (11/29) - Spokane (11/30) - Seattle (12/06)
  • Options
    Update from Loudwire:

http://loudwire.com/axl-rose-guns-n-ros ... on-offers/

Sounds like, from Axl's perspective, there is nothing definite (no hard yes or no)...but a reunion seems fairly doubtful.