Options

dumb poster question..

curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
edited December 2011 in The Porch
I'm curious: The only PJ tour poster I own is the Ames 2000 Prague/Katowice/Ljubljana 6/14-15 & 6/19, with the neon dinosaurs. I love it, but I've only been to shows in Portland and Seattle. I am almost positive I bought it at my first show which was Portland 2000, but that poster is a green gas mask design. WTF? Why was this poster for sale in portland? I honestly don't know why I have this poster instead of the portland one. weird. I was just looking at it on my wall and wondering why I have the Prague poster :lol: Does anyone know? Thanks
Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm curious: The only PJ tour poster I own is the Ames 2000 Prague/Katowice/Ljubljana 6/14-15 & 6/19, with the neon dinosaurs. I love it, but I've only been to shows in Portland and Seattle. I am almost positive I bought it at my first show which was Portland 2000, but that poster is a green gas mask design. WTF? Why was this poster for sale in portland? I honestly don't know why I have this poster instead of the portland one. weird. I was just looking at it on my wall and wondering why I have the Prague poster :lol: Does anyone know? Thanks

Are you positive you knew where you were or did someone slip you something ?? lol jk - WEIRD!!! :? Good luck finding out!
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    I bought this exact poster at the Boise show in 2000. I am pretty sure they were just left overs from the Euro tour. Unlike your case there was no Boise poster, and I didn't want to leave empty handed, so I bought this poster instead.
    I have seen other posters sold at shows, most likely because they did not sell well, or there was no poster available. Houston 2003 comes to mind. They sold the OKC poster, because the poster designed for the show was not available due to shipping error. It was later available in the 10C goods section.
  • Options

Are you positive you knew where you were or did someone slip you something ?? lol jk - WEIRD!!! :? Good luck finding out!

I'm not positive about anything at this point :lol: What's scary is that this has been on my wall for 11 years and I only just noticed it wasn't from Portland! Seriously.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    I bought this exact poster at the Boise show in 2000. I am pretty sure they were just left overs from the Euro tour. Unlike your case there was no Boise poster, and I didn't want to leave empty handed, so I bought this poster instead.
    I have seen other posters sold at shows, most likely because they did not sell well, or there was no poster available. Houston 2003 comes to mind. They sold the OKC poster, because the poster designed for the show was not available due to shipping error. It was later available in the 10C goods section.

I was thinking it could be something like that. Or maybe I got it at my first seattle show, because I actually remember the gremmie poster from those shows, and I remember not loving it, so I might have bought this instead..Thanks!
  • Options
    BM42909BM42909 Posts: 143
    just because you are a women, that doesn't mean you are a dumb poster.

oh, wait...what?...you meant...nevermind.
  • Options
    BM42909 wrote:

Sometimes I am. :lol: Don't make me add you as a foe!
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    bosshogg18 wrote:

I was thinking it could be something like that. Or maybe I got it at my first seattle show, because I actually remember the gremmie poster from those shows, and I remember not loving it, so I might have bought this instead..Thanks!

Seattle had a poster http://www.oocities.org/spacedvest/Post ... 110500.jpg, but it sold out very quickly. I had to buy this one off of the Ames website a few months after the show.
    That is funny that you never knew it wasn't for the Portland show. You should keep your eyes peeled for the Portland 2000 poster. I just looked it up and it goes for about $22 on average.
  • Options
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    bosshogg18 wrote:

Seattle had a poster http://www.oocities.org/spacedvest/Post ... 110500.jpg, but it sold out very quickly. I had to buy this one off of the Ames website a few months after the show.
    That is funny that you never knew it wasn't for the Portland show. You should keep your eyes peeled for the Portland 2000 poster. I just looked it up and it goes for about $22 on average.

Yeah, I definitely will. Now I'm kicking myself for not buying at least the posters to the shows I've attended. I always go to check out the merch and turn back when I see the line. Next time!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    sorry...I thought you had a question for dumb posters...so I opened the thread :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    BM42909 wrote:

women = woman - sorry I guess I'm the grammar police to some :D
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    sorry...I thought you had a question for dumb posters...so I opened the thread :?

:lol: Oh man. You're not as dumb as me. I'm the one asking you guys where I bought this poster...
  • Options

I'm not positive about anything at this point :lol: What's scary is that this has been on my wall for 11 years and I only just noticed it wasn't from Portland! Seriously.

You have to admit that is hilarious - at least you got a poster - it's a funny story to have!! :lol:
  • Options
    It is totally funny, but I am such an idiot. I should have named this thread "I am a dumb poster. Can you help me?" :)
  • Options
    It is totally funny, but I am such an idiot. I should have named this thread "I am a dumb poster. Can you help me?" :)

No - I took it as you were asking a dumb question about a poster - don't fret - it's all good :D I think I'd want to know how I got a poster to a show I'd never been to (especially if I didn't purchase it on purpose)!!
  • Options

No - I took it as you were asking a dumb question about a poster - don't fret - it's all good :D I think I'd want to know how I got a poster to a show I'd never been to (especially if I didn't purchase it on purpose)!!

:)