13»

Comments

• Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    Soldier Field.

Spectacular show. Just spectacular.
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    NYC 2003, night 1, Love Boat Captain as the opener was really fitting as to how everyone was feeling that night and how the concert was going to be. Something about the Yield triple play of Low Light, Faithful, then Wishlist was something special as well, very special night.

Agreed - and have to put Philly 4 and MSG 2 2010 right up there. So many special nights......
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    atlanta 94
    katowice2 00
    philly 05
    adelaide 1 06
    newcastle 06
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    My go-to boot is that of my first show, 2000-10-05 at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. I can listen to that any time and it takes me back to a place I've long since left behind.

After that it's a toss-up between 2005-09-11 in Kitchener and 2005-09-16 in Ottawa.
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Den Haag 1992 03 02, my first and still best boot!

That was my go-to for the longest time. I could probably recite every word of that show.
  • Options
    Benaroya Hall. Lovely.
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    Newcastle 2006
    Its got everything

(no i was not there)

I was :) and it was fantastic show. mark richards setlist was long thought over. he did well.
    And he signed my poster to boot. He really loves the fact that many fans look to this show. he gets reallly chuffed.
    My fav followed by boston 06 acoustic early set and fantastic main show ( and it was a gift from mark as well)
    to add as well Marks fav boot was always Boston as well
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    marcos wrote:
    NYC 2003, night 1, Love Boat Captain as the opener was really fitting as to how everyone was feeling that night and how the concert was going to be. Something about the Yield triple play of Low Light, Faithful, then Wishlist was something special as well, very special night.

To this day I have never seen more people leave a show with their jaws on the floor. NO-ONE expected night 1 to be "the" night.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    nutbarznutbarz Posts: 227
    Den Haag 1992 03 02, my first and still best boot!

I love that one too. Even with the Shortened Ive got a feeling. Unless I'm thinking of another Den Haag Show - Small Club Bootleg from Corn Paper Music (lol)
  • Options
    I will go with Benaroya Hall too. I keep a copy in the car and listen to it almost every day-just love it!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Marseille 06. I just can't help it 8-)
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Love threads like this! I want to listen to everyone's fave show...it could be my new favourite. My old standbys include:
    Gorge '05
    Katowice 2
    Vancouver '09
    Honolulu '06
    I usually have to rotate my boots, since my ipod is so small, but these shows usually stay.
  • Options
    Berlin 2010 - the Black-Come Back-Alive trilogy is simpely AMAZING! And yes I was there.
    Others: Philly '05, Pistoria '06, Katowice '00
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    This may change as I get the Canada 11 b oots, but right now I love popping in the Mexico 00 boot.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    Boston 3. Hands down, my favorite.
  • Options
    My favourites are:

Zurich 18/6/92 (awesome show with imrov's galore and includes Mommason in order with Ed explaining)

Tivoli 4/3/92 and Milan 17/6/92 (simply amazing early shows - Get them!)

Melbourne 95 (I think my favourite show from my favourite tour. always go back to this one).

Hartford 96

Great Woods 98

Sydney 18/11/06 (amazing energy with Ed talking most of the night. Listen to the opener better man for an idea of the rest of the show).
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,296
    I always go back to a show that I went to, I rarely listen to other boots unless it's for something specific (eg to hear Philly or Lukin II etc).

The ones I listen to most would be Cardiff 2000 (their only show in Wales, great memories of a really cool vibe that night) or Newcastle 06 because it had such a great setlist
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    jones beach 3 00
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,344
    Atlanta 94
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    MSG 2 2010. Still cannot believe I was so fortunate to have been there.

And entire Gorge box set. My favourite of the 3 rotate. Currently it's 2006 night 1 :D
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,173
    i always go back to soldier field '95.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Typically Grand Rapids '06

this week.. Hamilton '11
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Suziemay wrote:
    MSG 2 2010. Still cannot believe I was so fortunate to have been there.

And entire Gorge box set. My favourite of the 3 rotate. Currently it's 2006 night 1 :D

Its the best!

and I was there for MSG night 2. Best PJ show easily. It blew my mind when I was in the 300 section and the floor was doing the wave during G2F and Betterman
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Just out of interest, how many people have attempted to listen to every available bootleg? Anyone done it?

Edit: And in order! :shock:
    2009 - Shephards Bush, Manchester, London
    2010 - Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 - Manchester 1+2, Berlin 1+2, Stockholm, Oslo
    2014 - Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Gorge 05 and San Diego 06.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!