Options

What Pearl Jam Means To Me

BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
I know this is hard to believe but i am 13 and love PJ. When i was about 10 i found my mom's old ten cassette tape. i knew two songs from it which was Even Flow and Alive. We had a stereo that played cassettes. i popped it in and i loved all the songs. The energy of songs like Deep and Once and Porch i loved. Oceans and Release i loved also. After listening to Ten i dug deeper into the PJ catalog. V.s was really mind blowing to me. Songs like Indifference, Glorified G and W.M.A are amazing. Before you knew it i had every single Pearl Jam album. Pearl Jam is now my favorite band. Pearl Jam means so much to me. I can't go a day without them. I have over 600 songs on my iPod, all the bootlegs, Christmas Singles, and Albums really add up!! I still haven't been to a PJ show but i'm hoping they will come to Buffalo again so i can see them for the first time. Thanks Ed, Stone, Jeff, Mike, and Matt for making all the amazing music that i love!
2013 : London, Buffalo

Comments

• Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Awesome!.. Your mom must be proud.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    jshin wrote:
    Awesome!.. Your mom must be proud.

Yeah she is!! actually know more PJ songs than her know!
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I do not find it hard to believe at all -- they are indeed amazing! Good luck on seeing them when they come back to NY - as you can hear on the boots they are awesome live and your first live experience will be an amazing one!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    This is fantastic. It's always nice to hear of a younger generation of Pearl Jam fans. I know my cousin saw them for the first time when he was about your age and (I like to think) it was the best concert he's ever seen. I know he's seen them at least once since.

I have no doubt that when you finally get a chance to see them, it will be one of the best experiences of your life.

Welcome to the family, enjoy the ride! :)
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I actually saw my first PJ show back in Buffalo in 1996 (I still have my ticket stub). Now I am MUCH older and live on the other side of the continent and just saw them in Vancouver in September. I love in this time of overplayed pop stars there are kids like you who can appreciate great music. Hope you get to a show! They are so fabulous live!