Options

*** Milwaukee II Fanviews 6/30 Here ***

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Pearl Jam Set List: Last Kiss, Save You, World Wide Suicide, Spin The Black Circle, Given To Fly, Jeremy, Even Flow, Sad, Daughter/(W.M.A.)/(Ruby Tuesday), I Got Id, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Around The Bend, Indifference, Life Wasted, Alive

Encore: Smile, Rockin' In The Free World

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers Set List: Listen To Her Heart, You Don't Know How It Feels, I Won't Back Down, Free Fallin', Saving Grace, Handle With Care, Mary Jane’s Last Dance, Oh Well, I'm Crying, The Waiting (with Ed), It’s Good To Be King, Honey Bee, Learning To Fly, Don't Come Around Here No More, Refugee, Running Down A Dream

Encore: You Wreck Me, Mystic Eyes, American Girl (with Ed)

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Set List Sources tenclub.net and tompetty.com

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JibitiJibiti Posts: 264
    My first PJ show and very solid overall. Bit dissapointed that only WWS and Life Wasted were the only songs from the new album played tonight.
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)
  • Options
    mpg82mpg82 Posts: 83
    This show blew last nights away. The energy, sound, emotion, everything clicked. The setlist was awesome. I've never heard Indifference or Around the Bend live before. I was kind of surpised to hear Jeremy two nights in a row too. Even the old corporate people stood up for this one. The whole crowd was much more into it, many knew the "scream my lungs out" part of Indifference. Ed talked about how much they love Milwaukee and that they want to come back (but that's what he said at Alpine Valley three years ago). He thanked the military for their duty over in Iraq. Made the crowd chant something along the lines as "Your next tom". Betterman was on the setlist but they didn't play it. Felt like a whole show to me tonight.

I am a big PJ and Petty fan. However the PJ show tonight established in my mind that PJ is the better act. Sitting through Petty's pretty much identical cookie-cutter set left me bored. Petty was great last night and I had a great time so it seemed odd to be so uninterested during this one. The best part of the show was when Ed came out to sing along. He sounds just like Petty. Pearl Jam has so much more energy and spontaneity. You know what to expect for Petty. Pearl Jam surprises you.
    6/26/98, 6/27/98, 06/13/99, 10/08/00, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/29/06, 6/30/06, 5/7/10
  • Options
    worldworld Posts: 266
    The begining of the show started weird, because usually they start with a bunch of new songs. So it was different(not bad) to hear Last Kiss, Save You, Spin The Black Circle, Given To Fly, Jeremy instead of "Avocado" songs.

Save You was VERY good. Sad was a welcomed change and a lot of non-Pearl Jammers really enjoyed it. Big crowd response to a song off Lost Dogs. I Got Id really kicked ass. Indifference also had a lot of non-Pearl Jammers really into the band. Around the Bend killed the crowd. I enjoyed it, but the majority of the people took that song to talk to each other. The bad really liked playing Life Wasted, a lot of energy.

Smile was cool, Ed explained how that was a Milwaukee song and The Frogs had left a some writings in his notebook once and the song was spawned from that.

RITFW was great fo sho. Mike fell back first into the crowd while playing. Mike also fell on the floor earlier in the show and just keep playing and playing while rolling around on the floor. I think it was Even-Flow.

Tom Petty was great as always. He had an interesting screen set-up. It was really cool for some songs, but most of the time I thought it was lame. Ed came out to sing a few songs. He really enjoyed himself on stage.

Also, Kyle Orton(Bears QB for most of last season) was in the crowd. He was a few rows in front of me till he got kicked out by fan club members. LOL, it was hilarious. Kerry Wood(always injured pitcher for the cubs) was on side of the stage. Ed handed him and his friends a bottle of his wine a few songs into the show.
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • Options
    tylerj1462tylerj1462 Posts: 40
    Great setlist tonight, but things sucked up in the grass. The people I was around would not stop talking and the sound quailty seemed way off. During Even Flow I asked a group of very loud girls to keep it down a bit and things almost got ugly. Overall people were very rude and not at all into the show. Maybe I just picked a really bad area to sit in, or was it like this all over the grass???????????

I also want to point out the rude people talked though most of Petty aswell.
    "so this is how liberty ends, with thunderous applause"
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Way better than last night, hands down. Crowd was way more into PJ tonight than last night, but still not as much as they should have been. Smile was the highlight of the show especially since he mentioned the Milwaukee ties!!! Sad was good as well, didn't expect it. Indifference was great and I didn't expect so much of the crowd to know it. I was in the last row of Section 2 dead center and my complaint was that when I looked back during RITFW it seemed as though most of the bleachers and lawn were just standing still, WTF??? That is one of the greatest rock n roll anthems of all time. Even if it wasn't written by PJ it is still a killer cover.

I loved seeing PJ and Petty on the same stage 2 nights in a row but I wish Tom would have switched up the setlist a little except for one song. Overall good show, better crowd than night one but once again Petty fans should have gotten more into PJ. Overall I think it would have been better if PJ played one night with and opener and Petty played another night with an opener. Im sure their were plenty in the crowd who liked both bands. I would have been one of those but most appeared to be their for only one. Trust me I was way more their for PJ, but I like Tom as well.

It's official depression has set in as this was my last show this tour. Im hoping 2008 is the next time I get to see them but who knows. Maybe I wil be lucky and get Alpine in 2007!!!

Went to Yield Bar on Milwaukee's east side after the show and they blasted a bunch of PJ (Leash, Baba, Alive, Porch, No Way). Glad to see lots of PJ fans their rockin' out after the show. I was one rocking out big time, probably helped that I was pretty loaded. The fans I talked to were awesome!!! Can't wait till my next show is!!! Hopefully sooner than later!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Lastly also loved the vinly reference before Spin the Black Circle!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,867
    This show blew last night away. They were in much better spirits tonight, whatever was bothering them yesterday really tooka toll on them, but they put it aside tonight.

Fan club tickets were awesome again, front row side stage, right on the corner. So we had Kerry Wood right in front of us when they got his spoiled hurt ass some folding chairs to sit on in the gap between the stage and fence. The view of Ed when he sang on the speaker was awesome, and Petty and his Mike guitarist were right in front of us a bunch too. It never gets old being close. I do think the fan club fucked up again on seating. I know a friend who has a lower number, had second row on day 1,and had 25th tonight. She mentioned a whole slew of people in around the same fanclub number as her were back there with her, so sucked really bad for them.

Sad, Smile and Around the Bend, huge pleasant suprises. Only two tonight from the new album, 2 1/2 if you count LW repise. So they blew the avacado wad last night I guess.

Biggest surprise- No Black either night
    Biggest suprise 2- Mikes evenflow solo sucking so bad both nights
    Biggest Suprise 3- JEFF AMENT playing the GUITAR solo in Smile, Stone in KORITFW

explanation of Smile and it's link to Milwaukee 95/the frogs was cool

much more enjoyable vibe tonight.

As for Petty, a few new songs from last night (it's good to be king!) Severe seat jumping again tonight when PJ fans left. Security was really getting fed up with it, but did very little about it. Ed sang the same two songs as last night, but still pretty cool to see. I really enjoyed TP and the Heartbreakers both nights, so don't sweat it Denver they are worth the cash. A well oiled machine, and Mike, the Petty Guitar god is worth the whole fucking admission cost as he fucking kicks ass.

Overall an A show versus a B at best last night.

I found out what Krohns disease is too, the guy next to me has family that has it as well. It is literally your stomach and insides eating away at itself, often leading to Cancer and death (that was how he described it). Pretty serious shit Mike is dealing with.

parting words, with all the negative vibes I had going into the "co-headlining show" I was very sceptikal,and ready to be let down big time, but I found both nights very enjoyable and special in their own way. not much repeptition from PJ, and TP being better than I anticipated. Enjoy the fuck out of it Denver.

Lets all hope for a third US leg when they get back from Europe!
  • Options
    I was at tonight's show, didn't go to Mil 1. We drove up from Chicago and the highway construction in downtown Mil is ridiculous, they are expanding/building new ramps and it's a giant mess, like St. Louis is. Anyway on to the show...

We sat in the fifth row, center section, in front of Mike, thanks for the great seats 10C! The guys went on approx 8:06pm and were finished with the encores at 9:30 on the dot. The amazing thing is that a set that was just under 90 minutes was so full of energy and fun and it didn't feel like we were shorted out of anything. The band was in great form, and having been to Chicago 1 and 2 on this tour, I liked tonight's peformance the best. Maybe it was the setting, it was such a beautiful day and we had a great lake breeze in the ampitheatre, a nicer setting than the UC, but I did enjoy tonight the most of the three shows I'm going to this tour.

Last Kiss was dedicated to a girl Eddie met/talked to before the show, a request. I liked it as an opener, a nice change. Highlights for me were Smile, Sad, Indifference, and Save You. But all of the songs were excellent, with the exception of Eddie missing some lyrics/his place in Elderly Woman, but he made fun of himself by changing a following lyric from "hearts and thoughts, they fade," to "rock stars' brains, they fade, fade away," while tapping his skull.

There is no smoking ban in the ampitheatre, which is pretty odd these days. That meant that there was a TON of pot going around.

This was the first time I have been to a Petty concert, and it was a lot of fun. I thought they could have turned his voice up a bit in the mix as I had a hard time hearing TP in some songs, but he and his band still put on a fun show. The video screens Petty used were a big departure from what we are used to with Pearl Jam, and they seemed ok without going too far. One thing that was nice with the video screens were that they didn't do a lot of snazzy artistic junk, it was mostly just a camera on TP and 75% of the time there were multiple camera angles up showing each band member, so you could always see what they were doing even if your view of the real guy was blocked. That was cool. As someone else posted about Mil 1, Petty was much louder than I expected, even louder than PJ, but not necessarily in a good way. The sound was good but I think a tad too loud. As I mentioned it drowned out the vocals. Petty did a few covers, one by the Animals (Cry, I think is the name) and a Traveling Wilbury's song (Handle Me With Care) and at least one other, I can't recall. TP's set started approx 10:25 and ended at 12:20 or so.

Eddie joined TP for The Waiting and American Girl again. Both times the crowd went nuts. A handful of people had left after PJ but the Petty fans around us were very enthuisiatic about Eddie singing with TP and even about PJ's set.

Overall it was a very fun night, with great music, great bands, and a great atmosphere in Summerfest.

Thank you to both bands.
    One man, with a dream at leisure
    Can go out to conquer a crown,
    But three, with a new song's measure
    Can crumble an Empire down.

From "Ode" by Arthur O'Shaunessy (d. 1889)
  • Options
    I agree that last night's show was better than Thurs. I was happy with the setlist both nights, but the crowd seemed way more into PJ last night. Thurs. night I was on the lawn and people up there weren't into PJ at all. Last night I was in Sec. 5 and it seemed like everyone around me was into the show. A dude in front of me who came for Petty become a PJ convert. I Got Id was awesome and so was Smile! Thurs. and Fri. were my first PJ shows so I'm experiencing my first case of post-PJ depression. Any advice for dealing with it?
    Do you see the way that tree bends?
    Does it inspire?
    Leaning out to catch the sun's rays
    A lesson to be applied
    Lollapalooza 8.5.07
    Gorge 7.22.06, 7.23.06
    Summerfest 6.29.06, 6.30.06
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Much better crowd last nite, great change in the setlist. When I'm more awake I'll post my thoughts on another kick ass short but great PJ show. Overall PJ kicked the shit out of Petty. Petty takes wayyyyyyy to long in between songs. It may be he's last run, boy is he going slow at it. I like petty but right now its all pj in my mind. See yea in Vegas
  • Options
    I agree that last night's show was better than Thurs. I was happy with the setlist both nights, but the crowd seemed way more into PJ last night. Thurs. night I was on the lawn and people up there weren't into PJ at all. Last night I was in Sec. 5 and it seemed like everyone around me was into the show. A dude in front of me who came for Petty become a PJ convert. I Got Id was awesome and so was Smile! Thurs. and Fri. were my first PJ shows so I'm experiencing my first case of post-PJ depression. Any advice for dealing with it?

Go to Vegas like I am. LOL I'm holding off the pj post depression until after that.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    My advice for dealing with the depression is to get the boots ASAP! It will help but I'm dealing with it from St Paul shows and I just want to go to another show. I don't think it is possible UNLESS they do more touring after they go over seas. Oh well, the shows kicked ass! I'm glad I got to see them 2 nights in a row!
  • Options
    My advice for dealing with the depression is to get the boots ASAP! It will help but I'm dealing with it from St Paul shows and I just want to go to another show. I don't think it is possible UNLESS they do more touring after they go over seas. Oh well, the shows kicked ass! I'm glad I got to see them 2 nights in a row!

Yes, I plan to buy the boots as soon as they are available (can't come quick enough!!).

I noticed the "go pack go" tag in your signature. Glad to hear you've stayed a Packer fan in Viking land.
    Does it inspire?
    A lesson to be applied
    Lollapalooza 8.5.07
    Gorge 7.22.06, 7.23.06
  • Options
    It's in my blood to be a Packer fan! Hard living here but I know the super bowl ring stats and it makes it easier when they try to give me crap! My 2 favorite groups - Pearl Jam and the Packers!
  • Options
    It's in my blood to be a Packer fan! Hard living here but I know the super bowl ring stats and it makes it easier when they try to give me crap! My 2 favorite groups - Pearl Jam and the Packers!

Yeah, one of my brother-in-laws is a Vikings fan so I always throw the stats in his face when he starts shooting his mouth off!

Tree
    Does it inspire?
    A lesson to be applied
    Lollapalooza 8.5.07
    Gorge 7.22.06, 7.23.06
  • Options
    YeildInHiding was trying to give me crap on here and I said we could discuss at the pre party but he never said a word! Hmmm? I was prepared! Suppose we better stop talking about it on this thread. Fanviews and all.
  • Options
    PurduePete55PurduePete55 Posts: 191
    My opinion of the Friday night show was that it was a great show if you went to the Thursday show as well. I have about five friends including myself that are big PJ fans, but I was the only one to go to both shows. Thursday's show was much harder and faster I thought. Felt like a more complete show start to finish with two great closers in RVM and Porch. Friday's show seemed to lack a certain pace. A hard one, then a soft one or two, like it was back and forth. I really enjoyed hearing a lot of songs live for the first time like Spin the Black Circle, Sad, and Around the Bend, but for those that only got to the Friday show, the setlist seemed a little weaker on Friday. I was pleased with the total two setlists. I must say I enjoyed the Thursday set a lot more with In Hiding, Why Go, Inside Job, and Leash being new to me for live gigs. I'm surprised by the energy comments about each show. Maybe it was just my section (14), but the only energy was for big songs like Jeremy and Daughter. After about the first five songs Thursday night, that place was going crazy. I think part of my impressions is based on a larger portion of the Friday crowd being Petty fans. I completely agree with the majority about the Petty shows. I was shocked by the cookie cutter setlist only changed with It's good to be king and the animals cover. They took way too long to get on stage and their jam sessions were uninteresting during completely random songs. Overall, it was a great two nights of music. Hearing Ed sing with the Heartbreakers is something you can't replace, and I felt that the drum solos were classic as well. I felt privileged to be able to get to two shows with two great American bands.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    youknowrobbyyouknowrobby Posts: 120
    The wife and I had a blast but we didn't know that people could smoke in the venue(strange). My wife is five months pregnant and was a bit nervous. She stuck it out but left a few times to get some fresh air. We only came in a few times to see Petty and left after The Waiting.

Looking forward to seeing PJ at Alpine someday..................
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    The wife and I had a blast but we didn't know that people could smoke in the venue(strange). My wife is five months pregnant and was a bit nervous. She stuck it out but left a few times to get some fresh air. We only came in a few times to see Petty and left after The Waiting.

Looking forward to seeing PJ at Alpine someday..................

yes pj at alpine would be nice again. I think I saw 2 pregnant ladies at the show last nite.
  • Options
    pjdeadheadpjdeadhead Posts: 71
    tylerj1462 wrote:
    Great setlist tonight, but things sucked up in the grass. The people I was around would not stop talking and the sound quailty seemed way off. During Even Flow I asked a group of very loud girls to keep it down a bit and things almost got ugly. Overall people were very rude and not at all into the show. Maybe I just picked a really bad area to sit in, or was it like this all over the grass???????????

I also want to point out the rude people talked though most of Petty aswell.

Not much better in the bleacher either. There was a group of ignorant douchebags about 3 rows in front of me who had to be only people to stand on the bleachers!. Almost got into it after Save You, but once I started yelling at them every else joined in. PJ was much better last night than Thursday. My 25th show and I and hear 2 songs for the first time, Sad and Around the Bend! Again, I hate people who feel the need to talk through songs they don't know. Just because you don't know it doesn't mean the people around you don't, show some respect!! These same people where all into Jeremey and Alive, but ruined Around the Bend and Indifference. Lost a little respect for Tom Petty for pretty much playing the same show each night! With all the material the man has, mix it up a little bit. He should take some notes from the boys who only played 4 songs both nights! Quick hello to Sean and Becky, nice to meet you guys, hope you caught your bus!
    3/28/92 3/10/94 3/14/94 7/8/95 7/9/95
    7/11/95 6/26/98 6/27/98 6/29/98 6/30/98
    7/2/98 8/18/00 10/8/00 (coldest show ever!!)
    10/9/00 4/21/03 4/22/03 4/23/03 4/25/03
    6/18/03 6/21/03 6/22/03 5/16/06 5/17/06
    On the horizon....
    6/29/06 6/30/06
  • Options
    I went to both nights. Night 2 was much better than Night 1.
  • Options
    stevieraveonstevieraveon Posts: 413
    Posted my thoughts in another thread, but just had to point out that Evenflow solo was a disaster. WTF? Also, opening w/ Last Kiss was like getting the wind knocked out of me. Was hoping they'd open w/ a rocker like Severed Hand, not my most hated PJ song/cover.
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • Options
    I went to both nights. Night 2 was much better than Night 1.

agree
  • Options
    DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    both nights were great shows....

I am thinking 18 or so songs is about what a PJ show should be, maybe add a slow opener and a one or two song second encore but these were really blazing sets, even with the slow songs in night 2. There is a sense of excitement in a shorter set. It was fun.

to the Sarah that requested Last Kiss.... thanks but no thanks! j/k.

Mike must not have been feeling it, as reported his even flow solos sucked both nights. His guitar had a real bluesy sounding tone and he really didn't solo, he just kept plucking the same string and letting the reverb ring out. I heard better playing all day at the gibson guitar expo in the fest.

My 10c number is 111xxx and my girlfriends is 270xxx, both nights her seats were worse than what was available at the box office that day, let alone when they went onsale at tm (that kinda sucks). She and her friend sat about row 50 both nights. I am sure it was prolly just a mixup or leftover Petty FC tix.

Pearl Jam the band, tries theor absolute hardest to please their fans. Around the Bend, Sad, Leash, In Hiding all in shortened sets? It is really awesome that they realize the trouble people go through to pay/travel/go to their shows and they never phone in a set, it just shows that they actually sit down and make an attempt to please us. Thanks!

!
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    PJ burns through that set so fast and plays with so much emotion that it left me exhausted by the end of their set. I think their energy level is higher than usally for these Petty shows. Reminds me of seeing them in the early 90's. This was a great show by Petty and PJ two great American rock bands playing back to back you just can't beat it. I feel sorry for music lovers who were not able to see these two bands play the same bill. I feel lucky........GREAT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
    amazing set, band was on fire!!! for me hearing sad, around the bend, and smile was worth it all!

petty was the same as the night before except he played 'it's good to be king', we started to head out to get some air after ed sang "the waiting" (really hot in the front sections) and it was like a brewer game had let out, A LOT of people, and I'm not stretching the truth, a solid flow of people exited and kept leaving. we stuck around outside and headed back in for the final 3 songs.
  • Options
    jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    I originally had a group of 4 going to the show last night, so I had purchased tickets in the bleachers through TM. As the show approached I only two going, myself and my 10 year old son (Austyn). I sold two tickets quick through the board, thanks to Peter and his friends. We ended up exchanging my tickets for his and my son and I got closer seats. We were section 14 row H, on the end. It was perfect for Austyn, he was on the end of the row and there was no one in front of us. He stood on the bleachers and didn't block anyone's view and he could see no problem.

The show as great, quite different from night one. I enjoyed hearing all the new songs on night one and would have preferred more on night two because that's what Austyn knows best at this time. It would have been better to spend night two surrounded by 10c members because the folks where we were didn't know the rare songs and talked a bit too much.

It was a great setlist and good to hear. My hightlights were watching Austyn during WWS, teaching him the 'arms raised in a V', hearing daughter and the WMA tag, and hearing Smile. I spent most of the rest of the night watching my son to see how he liked his first concert. He was rocking out to WWS, singing along with Eddie. He did a good job on other songs learning the chorus and joining in the singing for those. We had a good time. He really enjoyed Pearl Jam.

We stayed around for Petty and actually left during the intermission to brave the crowd for popcorn. You have seen him nearly attached to me as we braved the crowd to get back and forth to our seats.

We stayed for about 3 Petty songs. He wanted to leave during the first one but I thought he should see a little so we stuck it out a bit, plus I figured the crowd in the halls would thin out.

He had a great time. I did, too.
  • Options
    :)
    Paint Me A Picture
    Paint It By the Sea
    It Doesn't Matter
    If It Looks Like Me
    If It Comes From the Heart
    and it Comes From You
    Nothing Else Will Matter
    Your Heart Is What Is True
  • Options
    :)
    Paint Me A Picture
    Paint It By the Sea
    It Doesn't Matter
    If It Looks Like Me
    If It Comes From the Heart
    and it Comes From You
    Nothing Else Will Matter
    Your Heart Is What Is True
  • Options
    7th row Center.

Agreed with the Last Kiss opener. Different, but I'm not looking for a repeat any time soon.

Loved the pre-song Spin the Black intro giving props to Vinyl....

The 10c energy in the pit was amazing... jumping, singing, dancin' hard.... it was fantastic.

I really really hope that the Petty fans that were seeing PJ for the first time left impressed. I don't see how they couldn't be... but you never know.

Gave our seats up for the Petty set to some new friends we met at the CCFA in St Paul -- I'm sure she enjoyed the better view up front when EV came out. Debated about staying, but after seeing Petty already twice, knew what we would get... so went and enjoyed Summerfest.

Summerfest rocks, and I wish Mpls/St.Paul could pull off something so impressive.