What's going on today

Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
it's 7am on saturday morning and I'm at work (up at 3:30am) what are you guys doing so early in the morning ??....I'm telling ya there should be a law about waking up early on weekends :lol:

Godfather.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I couldnt sleep so I was up at 4am trying to fix a broken garage door till 6. Unsuccessful, time to cook up something for the children, I will sleep later though. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Finishing homework that's due today. (Yeah, Saturdays are deadlines, wtf?).

Also to check out the hoopla surrounding the latest tweet.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,714
    Godfather. wrote:
    ?....I'm telling ya there should be a law about waking up early on weekends :lol:

Godfather.

:lol: I thought the same thing at 7:30- WHAT AM I DOING UP? But some people think that's sleeping in! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I woke up at 6:00am, but steadfastly refused to get out of bed.

It's Saturday, one of the two days a week I get to sleep passed 4:15am - I'll be damned if I'm going to get up earlier than I have to!!

I get terminal insomnia when I'm excited about something. My sister is coming home for the first time in a long time, but that's two weeks away. If the insomnia is starting now, I'm in trouble.

Now I'm just relaxing with some coffee, checking the boards, and getting ready to start getting ready for the day.

Cookie Party with the family at noon, then basketball games. Woo hoo!!!
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I got up at 9:15. Got some tickets. Drinking coffee. Preparing for the day now. Finish decorating, then off to work. Smiling. :)
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    :lol: life has its way don't it, right after work my family and I are going to N.county to look at a 2000 330i BMW for my son ...smokin deal I hope it's still there when I get off work but if not our surch will go on for a car
    and I hate car shopping in the public venue I would rather go to a lot but I don't want to go into debt on another car.
    A thought for the day, stay in bed ! :lol:

Godfather.
  • mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    My wife and I watched Godfather I for the first time last night. Probably be doing Godfather II today.
    JM4830 wrote:
    My wife and I watched Godfather I for the first time last night. Probably be doing Godfather II today.
    Godfather 1,2 and 3 are my favorite movies number 2 is a awesome movie the story really goes into depth
    about the family history, enjoy !

Godfather.
  • does staying up until 5 am today count for anything?

:mrgreen:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    does staying up until 5 am today count for anything?

did you have a gig last night ? reminds me of and old Alcatraz album..."no parole from Rock-n-Roll"

Godfather.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    slept in this morning.... :D ( which I needed )

took my kids out for breakfast - its my daughters birthday -
    so of course, cake and presents will be part of this day.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Godfather. wrote:

did you have a gig last night ? reminds me of and old Alcatraz album..."no parole from Rock-n-Roll"

Godfather.
    no, went out til about 1 and then came home and worked on some recordings. before i knew it it was 5. i am obsessed with messing with this recording program. it has got me playing more and writing again, which is a good thing.

did you get that car yet?
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

That was a great album......Too young to die, too drunk to live(?), Suffer Me, Island in the Sun

One of the first metal supergroups!
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.
    no, went out til about 1 and then came home and worked on some recordings. before i knew it it was 5. i am obsessed with messing with this recording program. it has got me playing more and writing again, which is a good thing.

did you get that car yet?

not yet on the car. Gimmi I really admire your talent drive and passion for music.
    JOEJOEJOE yea ! killer album ! my favorite song on the album is "Kre Nakorie"

Godfather.
    Monday is my Sunday and today I got up, wide awake, at 6 am. Not that's just plain craziness! Must be because I have this nagging question- who did "No parole from Rock-n-Roll"? I could look it up, but that would be cheating.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux wrote:
    Monday is my Sunday and today I got up, wide awake, at 6 am. Not that's just plain craziness! Must be because I have this nagging question- who did "No parole from Rock-n-Roll"? I could look it up, but that would be cheating.
    Alcatraz did it,it was a live album with Engway Malmstein on guitar (one of the best !)
    the album was actually called "live sentance no parole from rock-n-roll"
    and has been out of print for at least the last 15 years.

Godfather.
    Godfather. wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    Alcatraz did it,it was a live album with Engway Malmstein on guitar (one of the best !)

Godfather.
    Ah ha! I had noticed the name "Alcatraz". I grew up in the Bay Area and I thought maybe someone had made a record out on "The Rock" . Say, that an interesting idea... a rock album made on The Rock!

brianlux wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Godfather.
    Ah ha! I had noticed the name "Alcatraz". I grew up in the Bay Area and I thought maybe someone had made a record out on "The Rock" . Say, that an interesting idea... a rock album made on The Rock!
    with all the haunting storys of the "rock" it might be a good idea to throw a Oz Fest there. :D

Godfather.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    JM4830 wrote:
    Oh as a young girl I went to the theaters on repeat to see the Godfather saga

very much hooked on Mr. Pacino

the movies were good too :D

Enjoy!
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Godfather. wrote:
    it's 7am on saturday morning and I'm at work (up at 3:30am) what are you guys doing so early in the morning ??....I'm telling ya there should be a law about waking up early on weekends :lol:

Godfather.
    Saturday mornings? Sound asleep, I am.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    not yet on the car. Gimmi I really admire your talent drive and passion for music.

Godfather.[/quote]

Graham Bonnet, the singer from Alcatrazz ,does an occasional gig at some metal club in the San Fernando Valley...he does Rainbow and alcatrazz songs! He is 63 years old!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Finished my State of Florida nursing license...oh what a relief now I can get back the 13-14 Words With Friends games. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Godfather.

Graham Bonnet, the singer from Alcatrazz ,does an occasional gig at some metal club in the San Fernando Valley...he does Rainbow and alcatrazz songs! He is 63 years old![/quote]

xlnt info man !

Godfather.
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    today just preparing for tomorrow's march. occupy. my sign this time reads...

i'll believe a corporation is a person when Texas executes one.

and yes i stole it from amy goodman but its so fucking awesome i can't pass it up.
    g under p wrote:
    Finished my State of Florida nursing license...oh what a relief now I can get back the 13-14 Words With Friends games. :D

Peace

congrats to you my friend great job !

Godfather.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Godfather. wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

congrats to you my friend great job !

Godfather.
    +1. :thumbup:
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    Giving a golf lesson in about an hour and a half. :)
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Commy wrote:
    today just preparing for tomorrow's march. occupy. my sign this time reads...

i'll believe a corporation is a person when Texas executes one.

and yes i stole it from amy goodman but its so fucking awesome i can't pass it up.

That is awesome.
    watched the lunar eclips this morning for almost a hour or so....freakin cool !

Godfather.
    Godfather. wrote:
    watched the lunar eclips this morning for almost a hour or so....freakin cool !

Godfather.
    Cool! But I missed it- that's what I get for being a lazy bum and sleeping 'til 7:30 :lol: