*** Los Angeles I Fanviews 7/9 Here ***

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Ed Pre-Set: Porch

Sonic Youth Set List: ? anybody ?

Pearl Jam Set List: Release, World Wide Suicide, Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Severed Hand, Jeremy, Gone, Even Flow, Unemployable, Wasted Reprise, Better Man, Whipping, Not For You / (Modern Girl), Inside Job, Life Wasted, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Come Back, Here's to The State of Mississippi (with Tim Robbins), Black, Crown Of Thorns, Alive

2nd Encore: Last Kiss, Comatose, Why Go, Big Wave, Baba O’ Riley, Yellow Ledbetter / (Star Spangled Banner)

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Quest for pure Fanviews! Thank you for all your stories and views, edwho

Early Set List Source Message Pit's: Evil Closet Monkey, DoTheEvolution, pjscreamer and Foxy Mop (honorable mention: Veddernarian).

Set List Source: theskyiscrape.com, sonicyouth.com, tenclub.net and you.

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    I just got home from the show. What an amazing night! I was sitting just above the guitar tech area (front row Loge 20/Row J/Seats 1-2) and got to see Pearl Jam up close as they walked up to the stage to start the show and every time thereafter during encores and stuff. I especially got a good shot of Boom just hanging out and smoking a few in the guitar tech area when he wasn't playing with the band. The rest of the band hung out there during "Here's to the Country..." when it was just Eddie and Tim Robbins on stage. I was in close visual proximity to Tim Robbins, Cameron Crowe, Nancy Wilson, and Eddie Vedder's wife (or at leats it looked like her). During the "Even Flow" solo, just before Matt's drum solo, Eddie looked over to our section and waved his bottle of wine at us. It really got our section going! PJ couldn't have been more classy. They played "Last Kiss" to all of us who were sitting in the back of the stage. The night was electric and the crowd was totally into it right from the beginning. I could hardly wait to see what tomorrow's show has in store for us!
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107
    WWS is missing from your set list. It was right after Release.

New songs sounded really good esp. Gone, Inside Job and WWS.

Got almost all of Ten tonight, Black was really emotional.

Got chills during Crown of Thorns. It was dedicated to Andy Wood. They then played Alive immediately after it. That was a nice touch as well.

Tim Robbins looks old.

Matt Cameron is a machine.

Eddie jumped on one of the speakers during Alive and knocked over a stage monitor trying to get to the other side. A wee bit too much wine, perhaps?

Porch was great, solo acoustic.

Sonic Youth new songs sounded really good. That Steve Shelley can play the skins.
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    WWS is missing from the list! By the way, the new songs did sound amazing!
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    I felt like I was exiled from the rest of the world when I walked into the Forum. These crappy seats we bought through the KROQ pre-sale were at the top of the building. We all looked at each other and shrugged - at least we were in the building.

But then the lights went down, and it was like we were five feet away.

I wouldn't say this is the best PJ show I've been to (One Detroit show might have been better, and the Icebowl was more memorable) - but it was amazing nonetheless.

I haven't seen the boys live in 6 years. I have been drooling for this day to come and wearing my fingers down to the bone in hopes of getting tickets to the Wednesday club show.

But now, instead of being resigned to the fact that I won't get in, I am content with it. What I witnessed tonight was so amazing that I can miss the club show and not feel left out.

The Porch pre-set was pretty good. Release as an opener was amazing. The whole show was like the TEN-AVOCADO album tour with a few other things sprinkled in. All of the new songs were amazing, although the sound mix sounded a little off (I couldn't thoroughly enjoy Mike's Evenflow solo 'cause it sounded like they had him turned down way too low.

Given to Fly into Severed Hand was amazing. The "If I don't lose control..." poem at the end of SH was all I hoped it would be.

Of all the songs for EV to forget words to, you wouldn't think it would be Jeremy - but sure enough he did. It was still the most energetic performance of this song I've ever seen. The boys were full of passion and intensity tonight and it showed on tracks like this.

Gone was good.

See previous comment on Evenflow - (and add the fact that Matt's drum solo was something special to behold).

Unemployable - good performance highlighted by EV comments concerning the protesters outside (re: employee dispute at the forum), EV basically saying that they support the workers and the union, etc.

Wasted Reprise was the one time we could hear Boom clearly - again, it may have been a mixing issue, or the guys could have just been rocking out so hard that the B3 wasn't noticed.

Betterman - excellent version - standard version - my wife loved it. It was performed sans tag, which was odd - but no complaints here.

WHIPPING!!! This was the biggest surprise of the night for me. Although - was Ed singing something instead of "The WHIPPING...." during the chorus? It sounded different. But it was great to hear this classic again.

Not For You - I could have sworn that when I heard the opening chords that they were going to bust into Light Years, but they proved me wrong and delivered a rolicking version of N4U... Well done.

Inside Job - sweet McCready goodness. Band really gelled on this song and the vibe it sent through the auditorium was great. (Hearing this song also made me long to hear NAIS, but maybe next time).

Life Wasted - Probably a pretty good version of the song - but I was still thinking about Inside Job. and then...

REARVIEWMIRROR!!! I disagree with the guy above who said it was the best RVM ever, but it was damn good. They tore it up and mellowed it down and then blew the roof off the joint. Seriously, they could have ended the show with this specific performance and everyone would have been happy.

ENCORE 1:

Small Town was pleasant to hear. Great audience singalong.

Come Back: Was really hoping to hear this song. They did it wonderful justice live. Arguably my favorite song on PJ (mixing it up with Severed Hand). Ed's vocals were great.

Here's to the Country: I admit, I wasn't thrilled when he started talking about this song - but it's forgivable. And the addition of Tim Robbins made the novelty alone worth the 6 minutes the song ate up. Tim Robbins needs to stop trying to sound like Bob Dylan. Vedder's voice was gold.

Black - Great version you come to expect with the WBT tag and a slow, bluesy end to it.

Crown of Thorns: I honestly thought that this was a song that I might never ever hear live. Hearing this song tonight, alone, was worth the price of admission for me. The song has so much meaning to me, and add in the MLB and Andy Wood references, and it was just special.

ALIVE: The curse was nowhere in sight - this song felt celebratory and the band rocked it.

ENCORE 2:

Last Kiss. Crowd favorite. Wife favorite. The band seemed to enjoy themselves, and I was glad to see the people in the back of the house get some attention...

Comatose: As righteous in person as I thought it would be. Great energy, great sound.

WHY GO: One of my all-time favorites and a bit of a surprise for me. Rocked the house and had us all hoping that nobody was going to be going home any time soon.

Big Wave: Talked about Surfrider and a local surfing-related charity that funds from tonight would go to. The song rocked, but it was evident that the remaining audience around us were not familiar with the song.

BABA: Baba rocked the house - and the 60-something guy I saw in the section over. Everyone knew this song, and sang along, and liked it.

YL: Speaks for itself. This is the song to say goodbye to. And Vedder sitting on the stage, drinking wine and watching McCready in awe during the SSB portion was a highlight.

RANDOM THOUGHTS AND CONCLUSIONS:

That McCready guy knows how to play a guitar.

If you saw a guy in a Milwaukee Brewers hat around Col 12 - that was me.

Don't ever talk to me about my Milwaukee Brewers hat while I am pissing in a trough.

Tim Robbins means well...

If I don't make it to the Wednesday club show, I'm fine with that, because tonight was so satisfying.

The boys showed high energy and passion - no sign of slowing down.

Expect heavy doses of Riot Act, Binaural and No Code tomorrow night, because they were MIA tonight.

I won't be going tomorrow night due to a scheduling conflict - enjoy the show you lucky ones who get to go.

MESSAGE TO EVERYONE: Don't leave during Severed Hand. Two girls in front of us did that to powder their noses or something. I pity them.

I will write more in the morning....need to go to bed...

NAKEDCLOWN - AKA Bill
  • fotdfotd Posts: 514
    awesome show. jeremy was off the hook as was even flow with a killer solo from mike and then a wicked drum solo. wow. what a way to spend a sunday night. felt almost like going to church I felt so good and happy to be alive when I left. the poster is kinda wierd. it's got this green big wave hand thing on a bright and we are talking sun glasses bright pink background. but absolutely killer show. solo acoustic porch. I knew right from the start we were in for a special show. thank you pearl jam and thank you to my felllow fans for making it so special.
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
  • fisttothejawfisttothejaw Posts: 230
    This was my 3rd time seeing PJ, and it was undoubtedly the BEST. The band's energy was unbelievable - watching Eddie run back and forth, jumping on speakers during Alive, tossing tambourines into the crowd during Baba O'Riley (and breaking one over his own head), Mike and Jeff getting airborne - right now it seems like they're as passionate as ever, and the vibe was completely contagious.

I took my fiancee, who had never seen them - she loved it too (whew, we get to stay together - could have been a tough call)

I was also struck by their committment to the songs, both old and new - Release, Rearview Mirror and Jeremy were attacked with the same fervor as WWS and Comatose - there were no "token touches" of any songs -

And Eddie made some great historical references to the Who and Zep having played the Forum, noting the fact that not much has changed in the arena's appearance - not to mention his own Townshend windmill, which he pulled out a time or two, and spinning the microphone over his head, Daltrey-style -

I could go on, but I won't - it was a really special show, though...
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 7/12/08 (VH1 Rock Honors the Who)
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 4/12/08 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    San Diego 7/5/11 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
    Sao Paulo, Brazil 11/14/15
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,064
    I saw three really good east coast shows (albany, meadowlands II and philly II) and this was the best out of all the shows I saw. That's not to say those three weren't great - to me any pearl jam show is awesome. Even though there were a lot of repeats from the east coast, there was something about the fourm that was awesome and made the atmosphere. I liked how Eddie pointed out there was no advertising or luxary boxes. I think that contributed also. Big highlight was the Matt Cameron drum solo during Evenflow, hearing Big Wave and Crown of Thorns and of course the usual other stuff "Alive, Severed Hand" and so many others.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    I enjoyed the show very much, I really hope they change it up tomorrow though as the set was vvvvvvvery similar to San Diego on Friday.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    this show rocked. absolutely.

i could swear they played WWS after Release... or is it that i wished they played WWS after Release?

can someone confirm either way? wait.. i am certain now. it's comin back i remember singing along.. the setlist needs an edit and ROCK ON!
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Are they still playing Rearviewmirror? God I could have gone out for lunch and come back! I started thinking about next years taxes!

But seriously the whole show was great. Wish I had better seats like San Diego. The crowd was dead on COL 33 Row 17. I felt better when someone next to me recoginzed Crown Of Thorns!
    Confucious Says: He who buries a man's wife alive, should not expect to sit at that man's dinner table without the subject coming up.
  • bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    Ed compared the big hole on the ceiling of the arena to Dick Cheney (a Big Asshole!)
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Big Wave is the new Leash!!!!! yeahhhhh!

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Such an amazing Show. The energy in the room was unreal and the Boys really fed off of it. It seemed that most of the crowd was on its feet and singing the entire time. I didnt notice too many empty seats. Unlike Vegas, which was still a great show with a killer setlist.
    Crown of thorns was really special. Just a fantastic night!
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    bigbadbill wrote:
    Ed compared the big hole on the ceiling of the arena to Dick Cheney (a Big Asshole!)

Actually, it was "the world's biggest asshole"!!!, right? :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • efrotenefroten Posts: 67
    Was Heres to the Country the same as on VH1 Storytellers?
  • efroten wrote:
    Was Heres to the Country the same as on VH1 Storytellers?

what he said...because if it is, that boot is mine
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Yeah, it was the same one.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    it was the same, only tim robbins alternated verses w/ed.
  • Mickey1794Mickey1794 Posts: 104
    Last night was absolutely amazing! This is the first time I post because I felt it was completely necessary to rave about last nights show. It was my tenth show and the best one since San Diego in 95 and Canada in 05. They played for 2 hours and 40 minutes-are you freakin kidding me! Unbelievable! The set list was awesome especially Black, Small Town, Last Kiss(Never seen this one live before, extra special!), RVM, Yellow Ledbetter, Alive, Why Go, Release, Evenflow, Cordorouy, and the list goes on and on. And the new ones sounded like instant classics especially Come Back, WWS, Gone, and Inside Job. Eddie was in such high spirits and I was totally feeding off his energy! My 10 Club seats were awesome! Section 27 Loge was freakin rocking! We danced all night! I look forward to tonight's show especially because its my birthday (29)! I know it will be the best birthday ever because I'll be sharing it with Eddie! No matter what they play tonight I will be satisfied because of last night-can't be greedy! LA fans rocked last night! See you tonight!
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO
  • DmaceDmace Posts: 9
    It's the only way I can decribe last night's show in LA. If they hadn't asked me to leave, I'd still be standing there shaking my head. That was amazing. I'm going tonight but how can it be better? Do you think they can find a way to top that?
    Arms raised in a V:
    1992 Irvine, 1998 Inglewood CA (both shows), 2000 Los Angeles, 2000 San Bernardino, 2002 Seattle, 2003 Irvine, 2003 Chicago, 2003 Santa Barbara, 2006 Saint Paul, 2006 Los Angeles (both shows). 2008 Los Angeles EV (solo)
  • Synapses FlashingSynapses Flashing Ventura, CA Posts: 86
    I was at SD and LA (and will be there tonight too), and although I did like SD better, LA was great too. I had much better seats to SD (thanks to a high ranking 10c member) and the section I was in for the LA show was just dead. I must have counted at least a dozen people sitting for a large portion of the show, and a few people even left after RVM, which I could not believe. And people around me just weren't into it like I was. In SD it seemed like the whole place was just rocking. The smaller venue might have had something to do with it to. Keep hoping they'll play MITS as they've left it off both SD and LA setlists so far. I love the melody at the end of that song and would love to see it live and extended a bit. That and Army Reserve I think are the only ones they haven't played from PJ. I definitely got the impression that the audience was not as into the new songs as they were in SD.

Anyway, I agree with all the comments so far. Why Go was definitely a highlight for me and I was glad to see the audience into it. I absolutely love Crown of Thorns but I seriously got the impression nobody within 3 sections of me had even heard it before. I was really surprised they played it since they had played it in SD. Great to hear Black which they didn't play in SD. Ed's comments about Cheney were hilarious as were the comments on the lack of advertising. Like'd hearing Mike speak about the trials and tribulations of starting up a band and having to pay to play in places like the Roxy rather than getting paid. I didn't much care for Tim Robbins but I liked the song. I believe that was the same one they did on Storytellers?? But hadn't heard it before then. I too noticed a strong similarity between the sets in SD and LA, though hearing Release open was awesome. Loved the lighting during the whole show. Would love to hear In Hiding, Off He Goes, I Got Shit, In My Tree, or some other less common stuff, but I'm just happy to be there no matter what they play. It seems RVM is the default closer to set 1, Alive the closer for encore 1, and YL encore 2. Didn't do RITFW which the audience really rocked to in SD, but Baba O'Reilly was great with the house lights on.

Some guy in the lower section held up a sign towards the end saying something like Please play Tremor Christ for member #... He was holding it for about 2 seconds before some security guard came along and swiped it.

Still have LA2, SB, SF2, and Gorge 1 to go so I'm sure there are lots more surprises to come. Can't wait.
    11-7-95 San Diego Sports Arena (originally 6-7-95 in Del Mar)7-14-98 LA
    6-3-03 Irvine7-7-06 San Diego7-9/10-06 LA7-13-06 Santa Barbara7-16-06 San Francisco7-22/23-06 Gorge12-2-06 Honolulu4-10-08 Santa Barbara (Ed)4-13-08 LA (Ed)
  • This was my least favorite show I've ever attended. Pearl Jam played it safe and the crowd seemed dead for portions of the show. I'm glad this show was in my hometown and I didn't have to drive far or else I'd be really pissed. Highlight of the night was the Tim Robbins duo with Eddie on "heres to the state of mississippi". I am not as excited to go tonight as I should be because of this show but I can only hope it's better than last night. Last Kiss should be permenantly deleted from their future playlist. Once again, Pearl Jam played it safe for the laid back L.A crowd!
    Atlanta 2000* Los Angeles 2000* Irvine x2 2003* Mexico x3 2003* Santa Barbara 2003* Gorge 2005* Vancouver 2005* Los Angeles Forum1.Forum2.FUCKING FONDA 2006!
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    I have seen PJ Live every year since 2003 and I must say I haven't seen them with this much energy since 2003. Last night's concert was simply amazing.

I'm glad I didn't have the experience that it seems a lot of you did. Not once did anyone around me sit, except for the encore breaks when our feet really did need a break. And it seemed EVERYONE around me was into the new stuff just as much as I was. I'm going again tonight, and I don't see how it will top last night. The setlist was incredible.

On a note for any concert of theirs, what other band sounds as good, if not even better, live than on the album? Not a whole hell of a lot. Pearl Jam pulls it off easily. And the lights....Pearl Jam doesn't really need the accompanying light show. Sometimes it gets in the way even. All I need is PJ!

Oh yeah, and Sonic Youth was at their best when they were doing instrumental. I may just have to bring ear plugs tonight if that girl tries to sing again. Maybe she's one of those singers that should really stick to in studio stuff so they can help her out.

Do they put those little openers(i.e. Porch) on the bootlegs?

Oh, ONE last comment. To those booing that lucky fan that got to introduce PJ, shame on you. No need to rain on someone's parade just because you weren't lucky enough to be that person. That was simply very @ssholish. KROQ may suck, but that guy got to live a dream! Lucky him. No wonder people think Pearl Jam fans can be such arses.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,907
    There are a lot of things in my life that are great. But one thing that happens to me a lot is like when I am on a fishing trip that I booked because of these great fish counts, I go and on my day it isn't great, and everybody's saying "you should have been here yesterday". I was afraid I was going to be in this situation yet again. I thought San Diego was going to be followed by a good, not great show. This was my only chance to see them. 7/9/06, my only 06 show. Of course I wanted to be at a great show.

My seats... Thank you so much 10c for up the sides. My # is low 25x,xxx. After not being able to see in San Diego 2003, I lobbied vigorously for up the sides instead of rear floor for higher 10c numbers. I got what I was lobbying for. My seats were Stone's side, adjacent to 10 rows back from the stage and 20 rows up. I could see everything. It would still be nice to once in my life see them close but with my 25x,xxx tattoo, unlikely.

The people around me... Fools! You can talk at home, in the car, while in line, in the bathroom, some talk in their sleep, before the show, after the show. Why in the hell do people have to hold conversations during the show, talking over the music like they are in some bar and the music really soesn't matter. There was a girl who's voice sounded like a crow, who was jabbering on and off all night. Lucky she wasn't in the crosswalk when I went through. Lucky for her. The crowd was moderately good, I have seen better. I was worried that maybe they'd let down the band. Maybe it was better than I thought.

The sound... For some reason, the sound quality in that arena wasn't great. I think there is a lot of reverb. Hardly heard Boom and Mike. I hope the boot will be better.

The show... Started at 8:59 and ended at 11:40. My longest Pearl Jam show. No No Code, No Binaural, No Riot Act. That was interesting. I wanted to hear new album stuff and got 10 songs. Really appreciated Big Wave, it really rocked out. All the new stuff sounded classic. Comatose rocked the house. They need to slow Severed Hand, it seemed like they raced that song and I'd rather it become a showpiece like Evenflow as opposed to being like a punk song. Whipping and Why Go were rarities I was looking for. And Crown of Thorns a complete and utter surprise. Totally rocked. Crowd response was moderate where I was sitting, I was nutts. When Released opened (and Porch preset), I knew it would be good. Wow- a lot of Ten and Vitalogy. By the way, Main set was 1hr 36mins and encores were over an hour. Jeremy and RVM were highlights as they were played with extra intensity. Ending of Betterman(no tag) had a great jam/solo. I hope Mike isn't drowned out on the boot.

All in all...

That "you shoulds been here yesterday" curse didn't happen to me at all. It was great.

Songs I wish they played that weren't played...

Army reserve
    In my Tree
    Rats
    Leash

Songs they played I wish they hadn't played...

Baba O'reilly (While it kicked ass, I saw it in Irvine and San Diego 03 and would rather have gotten one of the 4 aforementioned songs)

Goodnight, Goodluck
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    wow.. :D I had a good time thats for sure.. *ahem* -->

2nd Encore: Last Kiss, [size=7+]Comatose, Why Go, Big Wave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

whew... I had a workout and then some *needs a smoke* seriously... :eek: :eek: :D:D:D:D

PLEASE PLEASE GIMME SUM MO! THAT KICKED MY BIG OL BOOTY! :D:D:D:D:D

ahhhh got me a rideeeee... :D
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Mickey1794Mickey1794 Posts: 104
    Wow! TheBeatGeneration is really hating what's up with that? Chill Out and try to have a good time tonight dude! We're lucky to even be at the show. Enjoy!
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO
  • Great show last night...THANK YOU to the TEN CLUB for my AWESOME seats..we were basically in the same area as the bands "vip" friends/family..so we saw the drummer for RHCP's and Ed's DAUGHTER and gf were sitting 10 seats to the fricken right of me....HOW FRICKEN COOL IS THAT??? She had on these little ear muffs to protect her ears....awwwwwwww that was my highlight. Now Im ready for tonight....
    oh and i took 246 pics and 3 videos( all of the preset, elderly woman and the first half of Crown of Thorns(my memory card filled up) Ill come back and post a link when they are all ready....
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Crown of Thorns was the highlight for me.
    Big Wave the biggest surprise - I kind of liked it on the CD, but it was no big deal - until I heard it live. Wow.
    I thought I was over Jeremy. Like yeah, yeah whatever. But last night it was really cool. Go figure.
    Last Kiss - not my favorite.
    Like somebody else posted, I didn't want to leave. I would've stayed all night.
    The fans around us were great, loge 28 way down front. We even saw a girl fight.
    Can't wait for tonight. And Santa Barbara.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Big Wave is the new Leash!!!!! yeahhhhh!

hahahhahha you have got to be kidding

you must be eating the same acid as the people claiming Come Back is the new Black
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Synapses FlashingSynapses Flashing Ventura, CA Posts: 86
    The people around me... Fools! You can talk at home, in the car, while in line, in the bathroom, some talk in their sleep, before the show, after the show. Why in the hell do people have to hold conversations during the show, talking over the music like they are in some bar and the music really soesn't matter.

Could not agree with this more. Sounds like you were in my section. It makes it harder to get into the show when people around you are blabbing about whatever and only get interested when the band plays the "radio" songs. I felt like I was the only one in my section (Loge 9) that really came to hear the band and not socialize like we're at a baseball game or something.
    11-7-95 San Diego Sports Arena (originally 6-7-95 in Del Mar)7-14-98 LA
    6-3-03 Irvine7-7-06 San Diego7-9/10-06 LA7-13-06 Santa Barbara7-16-06 San Francisco7-22/23-06 Gorge12-2-06 Honolulu4-10-08 Santa Barbara (Ed)4-13-08 LA (Ed)