Options

EURO TOUR 2012..!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,610
    I am 100% in.

I have been saving for a Eurotrip in 2012 for the last 2 years, the only problem was which 4-5 weeks do I go? Which cities do I go to and in what order?

Now the answer is wherever and whenever PJ is there.

It's great isn't it? Before October this year I hadn't given a vacation to Costa Rica one thought (or even any thought of CR regardless of vacation since middle school geography like 16 years ago) and I ended up having the best time down there on vacation for the PJ show in November. It's fun to let Pearl Jam pick your next vacation spot.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,970
    no,but they dont pay me much to travel for a rock band.. :lol:
    :lol: cheers mate, funny start to the day...

...now let's get some news!!!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Spags wrote:

hi buddy...hope today we have official news..need some flights to book :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Spags wrote:

hi buddy...hope today we have official news..need some flights to book :)

Flights!??!? Pfft! Campervan roadtrip! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :P
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    Sappy113Sappy113 Posts: 178
    Hi guys, what's going on in her..... WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?! NEW TOUR!?

Just kidding, I've been hanging around feverishly since monday already :D. Just waiting for 10C to give me a chance to blow my hard-earned money on Stockholm and Copenhagen tickets. Just take my money already!
  • Options
    Has anyone here ever got the train to Berlin from England? Eurostar to Brussels, and then the high-speed link into Germany. Thinking I might do the Berlin show, rather than go up to deepest darkest Manchester.
  • Options
    IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    Why not just fly? The train isn't exactly cheap and there are plenty of budget airlines flying into Berlin.
  • Options
    IrishGuy wrote:
    Why not just fly? The train isn't exactly cheap and there are plenty of budget airlines flying into Berlin.

Wife likely to be 6ish months pregnant, just thought the train might be an easier journey. Not that I know anything about these things!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    Congratulations!

Thanks mate, though I haven't quite delivered the goods yet :D We are trying though, and planning on an Autumn 2012 birth :)
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    JimNastics wrote:
    Has anyone here ever got the train to Berlin from England? Eurostar to Brussels, and then the high-speed link into Germany. Thinking I might do the Berlin show, rather than go up to deepest darkest Manchester.

Haven't gotten the train from England, but I got a train from Amsterdam to Berlin and it was awesome. Took 6 hours, and a first class ticket cost I think €40. It's a great way to see the countryside.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    JimNastics wrote:
    Spags wrote:
    Congratulations!

Thanks mate, though I haven't quite delivered the goods yet :D We are trying though, and planning on an Autumn 2012 birth :)

Well all power to your penis then my friend and may your first child be a masculine child!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    VsVs Posts: 76
    who shoot the bird?
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    JimNastics wrote:
    IrishGuy wrote:

Wife likely to be 6ish months pregnant, just thought the train might be an easier journey. Not that I know anything about these things!!

well quite frankly, being 6month pregnant its not the best thing to be at a loud rock concert...
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    Vs wrote:
    who shoot the bird?
    soon Italy..soon :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cant wait for the madness with the tix..i hope Scandinavia isnt hard...

hehhehehehehehehehehe

yeah right...

whooohoooo freaks.. :D:D:D
  • Options
    IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    JimNastics wrote:
    IrishGuy wrote:

6 months pregnant is fine to fly.
  • Options
    Vs wrote:
    who shoot the bird?

"soon" and "Italy" together in the same sentence immediately unleashed wild dreams inside this office.

Let's hope the bird sings before I end up writing ambiguous letters to clients and colleagues.
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    JanetWeiss wrote:
    Vs wrote:
    who shoot the bird?

"soon" and "Italy" together in the same sentence immediately unleashed wild dreams inside this office.

Let's hope the bird sings before I end up writing ambiguous letters to clients and colleagues.
    soon cos is from Italy the friend post this..
    all ok Roma?? :)
  • Options
    alesek wrote:
    JimNastics wrote:
    IrishGuy wrote:

well quite frankly, being 6month pregnant its not the best thing to be at a loud rock concert...

Why?? Being pregnant doesn't suddenly make someone all fragile and delicate. The human race has survived for thousands of years in the harshest of conditions so I hardly think 2 hours of music is really the worst thing that a pregnant person could be doing.

My wife managed 5 days of Glastonbury in baking sunshine whilst she was 7 months gone and we now have a healthy, happy and lovely 15 month old boy. We even took him to this years festival when he was 10 months old and he had an absolute blast.

People forget that as long as you care for them properly babies are remarkably adaptable and resilient.
    Leeds 06
    Wembley 07
    Shepherds Bush
    Manchester
  • Options
    JanetWeiss wrote:

soon cos is from Italy the friend post this..
    all ok Roma?? :)

haha, yes. :)

(In moments like these I feel how hard it is to be married to my life and have Pearl Jam as lover. :mrgreen: )
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    Why?? Being pregnant doesn't suddenly make someone all fragile and delicate. The human race has survived for thousands of years in the harshest of conditions so I hardly think 2 hours of music is really the worst thing that a pregnant person could be doing.

My wife managed 5 days of Glastonbury in baking sunshine whilst she was 7 months gone and we now have a healthy, happy and lovely 15 month old boy. We even took him to this years festival when he was 10 months old and he had an absolute blast.

People forget that as long as you care for them properly babies are remarkably adaptable and resilient.

Yes, I've been doing some research and most people seem to say it's fine if you're sensible, i.e. not being too close to the stage. If we do make it to a show, then obviously we'll try and get seats, so that should be fine anyway.... though I'm worried that 10c won't be selling seat tickets :?
  • Options
    JimNastics wrote:

Yes, I've been doing some research and most people seem to say it's fine if you're sensible, i.e. not being too close to the stage. If we do make it to a show, then obviously we'll try and get seats, so that should be fine anyway.... though I'm worried that 10c won't be selling seat tickets :?

If your talking Berlin, they won't be. But you'll very easily get a decent seat if you turn up about 30 minutes before 10C members are let in. :)
    2009 - Shephards Bush, Manchester, London
    2010 - Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 - Manchester 1+2, Berlin 1+2, Stockholm, Oslo
    2014 - Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes
  • Options
    JimNastics wrote:

If your talking Berlin, they won't be. But you'll very easily get a decent seat if you turn up about 30 minutes before 10C members are let in. :)

So the seats at the Berlin show are GA, and not designated?
  • Options
    JimNastics wrote:

no problem when u get in Berlin..at 2009,i was all day in the line..but i get in after the general public..deside with a friend just stay and drink beers at 10c bar..we was the last 10c member we get in..we got great seats at Mike seated side.. :)
  • Options
    JimNastics wrote:

are GA and seated..but random,no seats number..we are talking at a 18000 venue...like 3000-4000 in Arena
    and the rest side at the amphitheater..no problem for safety..all cool... :)
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    JimNastics wrote:

Sounds like this could be a tour with partially seated venues. A 10c member will swap seated for standing in a flash if you put a post up. We swapped our Belfast standing tickets very easily when Mrs. Veddertown was pregnant and we had stunning side stage seats. There are no risks as long as you're careful and responsible which I can tell you are... ;)

Enjoy the shows!! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    So likelihood of tickets going on sale on Friday evening while I am at my work x-mas party?? :shock: :oops: :(
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,276
    JimNastics wrote:

are GA and seated..but random,no seats number..we are talking at a 18000 venue...like 3000-4000 in Arena
    and the rest side at the amphitheater..no problem for safety..all cool... :)
    It's the O2 in Berlin this time, no Wulheide!
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    chime wrote:
    So likelihood of tickets going on sale on Friday evening while I am at my work x-mas party?? :shock: :oops: :(
    we wait....my guess goes to monday...