Just in case you missed this...

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Well that's certainly voting for change :wtf:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    wasn't Jack in the Box putting horse meat in their burgers way back when?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    edited December 2011
    I like how he directly went against a campaign promise and did a complete 180. Not only did he not ban horses for export, he made it legal in this country again. :wtf: This guy is a joke and I can't wait to get him out of office. Issues like this is why I stay out of A Moving Train forum...I'b be banned in about 17 minutes! :lol::lol:
    Post edited by DS1119 on
  • Every time I post there I regret it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i don't see the big deal....

we eat just about every other animal here, why not horse....what makes is so special?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i don't see the big deal....

we eat just about every other animal here, why not horse....what makes is so special?

I understand your point completely. For me it's more that Obama made a campaign promise and then not only didn't fulfill the promise but signed a bill making it legal here. For me that's the issue. Citizens always have their right not to eat horse if they choose not to. I mean shit...I can go up the road to Saratoga here and get a Buffalo burger...I'm sure no one will campaign against that. It's just another Obama broken promise.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,935
    In a bipartisan effort, the House of Representatives and the United States Senate approved the Conference Committee report on spending bill H2112, which among other things, funds the United States Department of Agriculture. On November 18th, as the country was celebrating Thanksgiving, President Obama signed a law, allowing Americans to kill and eat horses. Essentially, one turkey was pardoned in the presence of worldwide media while in the shadows, buried under pages of fiscal regulation, millions of horses were sentenced to d

Read more: http://technorati.com/lifestyle/article ... z1fPRjRoze

hmm, I wonder if this little tidbit had anything to do with it?

This is why in my considered opinion, on things like spending bills or anything else for that matter, items such as this should not be allowed to be inserted in to bills.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    I heard this yesterday. Yes, I think it's disgusting. But that's besides the point. Eating meat and slaughtering animals is, unfortunately, the norm.

The main thing that pisses me off is that our government is wasting their time on stuff like that. There are SO SO SO many things that they need to be focusing on and fixing. I wonder how much of their time is spent talking about crap like that. I think more things to eat is the last thing Americans need right now.
  • Sure it sounds disgusting, but the McHorse sandwich will be a big seller!

Did this bill also legalize cow racing by any chance?
    why is it disgusting....

what makes a horse better than a cow/pig/goat/lamb/snake/frog/gator/fish/eel/octopus/deer/bison/rabbit/duck/chicken/turkey
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    why is it disgusting....

what makes a horse better than a cow/pig/goat/lamb/snake/frog/gator/fish/eel/octopus/deer/bison/rabbit/duck/chicken/turkey

You forgot pigeon.
    :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    why is it disgusting....

I think DS has a horse for a pet...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTATELe0cfMmunoh-9XRf2bSwV9amZD8BQ9u7U8WVpcpFUGj4Tcrg
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    why is it disgusting....

You forgot bacon wrapped pigeon.

fixed

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    why is it disgusting....

I think DS has a horse for a pet...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTATELe0cfMmunoh-9XRf2bSwV9amZD8BQ9u7U8WVpcpFUGj4Tcrg

I do love horses actually, but that isn't the issue for me. It's the lies. Also sorry, but if I'm hungry and there's nothing else for me to eat, the Lone Ranger better have Silver locked up.
  • This thread makes me want to watch the first 30 mins of The Godfather
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    I think that animals being slaughtered is disgusting. Not just horses in general. I understand it's part of the life cycle and I don't care that people eat meat- I just think that there needs to be a better system. Better care of the animals, cage-free, grain fed animals and not pumped with antibiotics, etc. Some of these slaughterhouses mistreatment of animals and the quality of meat they put out is horrid.

Like I said: my main issue is that the government is wasting their time on this and, as stated, the lies of present leadership.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    why is it disgusting....

You forgot pigeon.
    and dove
    Suave.27 wrote:
    I think that animals being slaughtered is disgusting. Not just horses in general. I understand it's part of the life cycle and I don't care that people eat meat- I just think that there needs to be a better system. Better care of the animals, cage-free, grain fed animals and not pumped with antibiotics, etc. Some of these slaughterhouses mistreatment of animals and the quality of meat they put out is horrid.

fair enough....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Suave.27 wrote:

there already is a better way: http://www.grandin.com/-This web page was put up to educate people throughout the world about modern methods of livestock handling which will improve animal welfare and productivity.

Her books are amazing, and the movie about her life and research is excellent.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,013
    This thread belongs in Moving Train.

AET is for non-Pearl Jam related topics that are not already covered by existing forums such as A Moving Train, Other Music, etc. Please see the forum home page for a description of each forum to be sure you are posting in the appropriate area and be sure to read the Posting Guidelines.
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.