~Adult Truths~ (add your own)

Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I saw this on fb and it was too true not to share.......
I think this applies to most of us in the 'seasoned' age group in here :D

1. Sometimes I'll look at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind-of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day..

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

22. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

23. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Number 2 should be number 1!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Haha Gold....

You spend half an hour looking for the remote when it would only take 5 seconds to change the channel at the TV
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Haha Gold....

You spend half an hour looking for the remote when it would only take 5 seconds to change the channel at the TV

that would defeat the whole purpose of having a remote. sheesh. :roll: :P :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Haha Gold....

hahaaa great list

I don't need to change the channel because during the commercial I already FORGOT what it is that I was watching :roll: (true story)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    edited December 2011
    you have to seriosly consider whether or not it's physically worth it you to run for the train or wait for the next one 20 minutes from now, or climb the 6 stories from Grand Central to the street or wait 10 minutes to load onto a very crowded very tiny elevator.
    Post edited by BinauralJam on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    17. Use your fuckin brain
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:
    and a map... a paper one
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    18. never trust a fart
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    conman wrote:
    81 wrote:
    and a map... a paper one

What's a paper map, is that like a busy signal on the telephone? :D
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    18. never trust a fart

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are Bennett!!
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day..

most relaxing moment of the day.
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I love this thread! ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • 5. I actually know how to fold a fitted sheet! :mrgreen:

One of the many relatively useless skills I've acquired in my life. :shh:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    15. my freezer has a light in it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    24. Find me a woman who has EVER bought her significant other a surprise Lexus for Christmas and I will not change the channel while mumbling "fucking lexus" every time that stupid commercial comes on.
  • Heisenberg wrote:
    24. Find me a woman who has EVER bought her significant other a surprise Lexus for Christmas and I will not change the channel while mumbling "fucking lexus" every time that stupid commercial comes on.
    :lol:
    I offered to buy one of those gigantic bows to put on my husband's car for Christmas.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Heisenberg wrote:

This is a very real situation. There are lots of people that can afford it and do buy cars as gifts.
  • 17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

Every Atlanta resident's dream. *nods*

Also, can you please add landmarks in terms of Waffle Houses? Since half the streets in Atlanta are named "Peachtree" and the other half are named "Roswell", regular directions are not that helpful there.
  • 19 is all me. I can't hear shit, my friends tell me all the time
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    brother123 wrote:
    19 is all me. I can't hear shit, my friends tell me all the time

Me too...too many concerts...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....