World AIDS Day

PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
As someone who has lost two cousins to this terrible disease, I take a moment today to remember them and all of the others who have fought and lost this battle.

There are 33 million people living with AIDS, including 1.2 million in the U.S.

Here is some more info, if you're interested.

http://www.thebody.com/content/64673/wo ... tml?ap=800
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I'm sorry for your loss.

I was watching the World AIDS Day by the ONE campaign on YouTube earlier and I'm happy to see progress is being made to find the cure for it and they're aiming at 2015 to end it.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • In the early 90s I spent 5 years working at an AIDS service organization. So many people lost their lives to this horrible disease. Now people are able to manage it and live productive lives.

But I still wish I had my friends back. I lost another one this past September. :cry:

I would encourage everyone to take care of yourself and the people you love. Care enough about yourself to protect yourself from becoming infected. Get tested for HIV. Help educate others. We can all do something to end this epidemic.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Watched the Alicia Keys documentary/TV special on Showtime tonight, "Keep a Child Alive". Breaks my heart to see what the kids have to go through in Africa. If a mother becomes HIV positive, kids as old as 9 - if they are the oldest child - have to take care of the children and the mother. Kids had to drop out of school just to take care of their families.

After today, I am inspired to find any way I can to help.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful