Yammer.com

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
what's the deal with this website....

i keep getting invites from co workers in the office, as well as field people that i have never met and have no idea who they are.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    sounds like you're getting yammed
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Never heard of it

sounds like another annoying social website :lol:

do we really need another?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    wiki:

Yammer is an enterprise social network service that was launched in September 2008.[1] Unlike Twitter, which is used for broadcasting messages to the public, Yammer is used for private communication within organizations or between organizational members and pre-designated groups, making it an example of enterprise social software. Yammer originally launched as an enterprise microblogging service and has evolved to become a full-fledged enterprise social network.

Some of the new features include:

Events: Co-workers within the enterprise are invited to company or group events with responses tracked. Users have the ability to download events information directly into Microsoft Outlook or Google Calendar.
    Links: Employees have the ability to share URLs with co-workers in a form that displays videos and images within the conversation.
    Topics: Employees tag content with topics, enabling collection and maintaining of conversations and data.
    Presence: Allows employees to see who is online now and how they are connected to Yammer (i.e. website, the desktop client or a mobile client.)
    Enhanced Analytics: Provides managers with interactive charts to track engagement in their network.

Yammer also allows for third party developers the opportunity to create and sell their collaboration apps directly to users of the platform.[2]

So basically an over glorified Yahoo Chat client...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    :lol::lol:

Or yammered?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:

i keep getting invites from co workers in the office, as well as field people that i have never met and have no idea who they are.

It's the Swdish version of Jammer.com
  • Suziemay wrote:

Or yammered?

Hey!
    I wanna get yammered!

(that's like hammered, right?)
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Suziemay wrote:

Or yammered?

Hey!
    I wanna get yammered!

I like the way you think!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Suziemay wrote:

Or yammered?

Hey!
    I wanna get yammered!

It sounds like saying you wanna get hammered, while you're already hammered :lol::lol:
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    81 wrote:

They're trying to get us to use this at work...i don't really see the point.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....