Fingers crossed.

2»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,715
    Jeanwah wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    I'm crossing my fingers hoping for good news in the next couple of days. I had a bad fall three weeks ago and after 21 days of pain, headache and dizziness I'm getting a CT scan of my brain tomorrow (hopefully they'll find something in there beside an empty cave :D ) and a CT scan of my left side to make sure my spleen isn't damaged. Concussions are a real headache- don't go there if can avoid it.

Any good thoughts, prayers, gris gris, or charms for healing are most appreciated. Whatever works, right? :)

Thanks, PJ friends. :)

Is this from the fall you were telling me about Brian? God, I hope you're alright! Sending positive thoughts and vibes that nothing is seriously wrong and that you feel better soon!
    Yes, Jeanwah. I finally got a Doc who knows what to do. He couldn't believe I hadn't been given the CT's sooner. Fortunately the brain CT (yes, as in "brainlux" :lol: ) came out "normal" (there's that word again :lol: ). I had the CT to check my spleen today and will get results tomorrow. Yummm, berium sulfate! :sick:

So far so good... except that our power is out indefinitely.

Thanks for good thoughts! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    brianlux wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    I'm crossing my fingers hoping for good news in the next couple of days. I had a bad fall three weeks ago and after 21 days of pain, headache and dizziness I'm getting a CT scan of my brain tomorrow (hopefully they'll find something in there beside an empty cave :D ) and a CT scan of my left side to make sure my spleen isn't damaged. Concussions are a real headache- don't go there if can avoid it.

Any good thoughts, prayers, gris gris, or charms for healing are most appreciated. Whatever works, right? :)

Is this from the fall you were telling me about Brian? God, I hope you're alright! Sending positive thoughts and vibes that nothing is seriously wrong and that you feel better soon!
    Yes, Jeanwah. I finally got a Doc who knows what to do. He couldn't believe I hadn't been given the CT's sooner. Fortunately the brain CT (yes, as in "brainlux" :lol: ) came out "normal" (there's that word again :lol: ). I had the CT to check my spleen today and will get results tomorrow. Yummm, berium sulfate! :sick:

I assume you lost the power due to those strong winds Brain...I mean Brian. :lol::lol:
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I hope it goes well tomorrow...and from now on...I think I like brainlux better...so let it be written, so let it be done!! :lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    brianlux wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

Ugh. Post what the results of the second CT is when you know! Hope everything's alright. I like the "Brainlux"... :lol: Why is your power out? From the use of the CT Scanner? :lol: I visualize Dr. Frankenstein here...
    GOOD NEWS! CT of abdomen/rib area reads "normal". No internal organ damage!

The power here in the Sierra foothills went out due to strong winds. We were out for a day and a half. But this afternoon it came back on. Time to fire up the VCR, kick back, and watch some PJ video! :D

Thanks for good thoughts everybody. It really helped! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    brianlux wrote:

The power here in the Sierra foothills went out due to strong winds. We were out for a day and a half. But this afternoon it came back on. Time to fire up the VCR, kick back, and watch some PJ video! :D

:clap::clap::clap:
    So happy to hear that, Brian!!!!
  • brianlux wrote:

Hey hey! Great news! 8-)
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    brianlux wrote:

Good news all around. :thumbup:
    brianlux wrote:

Sweet! :thumbup:
    Thanks again everybody! The best news is having proof that the inside of my head is not a vacuum. Phew! But seriously, head trauma is no fun. I'm thinking once is enough!

• Just opened this thread for the first time, and sorry to hear you've been suffering headaches. Very happy to hear your test results were all negative (never understood whey "negative" test results are in fact postive :? )
    Sending good vibes your way and hope you start feeling back to "normal" ;)
    And did I just hear that you were going to fire up your VCR? Or did you mean DVD or BluRay? If you're still rockin a VCR, that's awesome :thumbup:
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    never understood whey "negative" test results are in fact postive :? )

Wow...that's trippy. 8-)
    DS1119 wrote:
    never understood whey "negative" test results are in fact postive :? )

Wow...that's trippy. 8-)
    And confusing!

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    glad you're doing well, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Just opened this thread for the first time, and sorry to hear you've been suffering headaches. Very happy to hear your test results were all negative (never understood whey "negative" test results are in fact postive :? )
    Sending good vibes your way and hope you start feeling back to "normal" ;)
    And did I just hear that you were going to fire up your VCR? Or did you mean DVD or BluRay? If you're still rockin a VCR, that's awesome :thumbup:
    OMG! I really did get brain dinged! I meant to say DVD because I was going to watch Single Video Theory on disc but I actually do have a DVD and a bunch of stuff I recorded over the years on VHS tape from all the late night shows. A friend of mine has been hounding me for years to get transferred to DVD- I have about 25 tapes filled with mostly late-night music- but now with Youtube most of what I have is most likely out there anyway. The problem with VHS is that the tapes can stretch over time (although mine all seem pretty much intact still) and they don't copy well. But the nice thing? Analog sound!

• Just glad to know that you're OK! :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Hi brianlux ;) I am glad to hear the tests were clear! :thumbup: Just focus on letting your brain getting healthy again. Love, light and hugs! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Yay!
    Thank you, friends! :D