Options

Question re: iTunes & iOS updates

__ Posts: 6,651
edited November 2011 in Technical Stuff and Help
For the life of me, I can't seem to update my iPad to iOS 5 via iTunes on my home computer. Could I just install iTunes on my work computer & try it there? I don't really know how it works to have your iTunes on more than one computer. I already installed & logged into iTunes on my work computer but of course none of my stuff (apps, etc.) is there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EvoLukinEvoLukin Posts: 188
    Make sure your home computer has the latest version of iTunes(10.5.1). It must be this version or it will not prompt for the iOS 5 update when you plug your iPad up.
    "Smelly Velvet"-EV on Stone's velvet shorts(ATL 94)

Atlanta,GA 1994 1&2
    N.Charleston, SC 1996
    Greenville, SC 1998
    Atlanta, GA 2000
    Columbia, SC 2008
    EV(2009) - Atlanta 1
  • Options
    EvoLukin wrote:
    Make sure your home computer has the latest version of iTunes(10.5.1). It must be this version or it will not prompt for the iOS 5 update when you plug your iPad up.

I already did that. The only thing I can figure from all the support sites is that it could be because I haven't installed all updates for my computer. But the only one pending is some kind of Explorer security update & I can't get it to download. It's so frustrating. :(

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    I just used my work computer to update it. Worked fine. Deleted my apps & music, but I'll just sync them back when I get home.