How you feeling right now???

Comments

• JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Contemplative
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • ldent42 said:

Just struggling to come to terms with what I'm seeing in Requiem for a Dream, the violence is just unimaginable for me

That Jared Leto movie? That shit scarred me for life. I am permanently terrified of Keith David now. I can't for the life of me remember what movie or tv show it was (this dude is in a lot of stuff) but we were watching it and he came out and I was like "NOPE" I can't see him as anything other than that UberCreep now.
    Not that ha, it's a documentary on gun deaths in America. Watch it if you get a chance. Full title is Requiem for the Dead: An American Spring 2014

Sorry I got my words mixed up above, no wonder you were confused!
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

ldent42 said:

Just struggling to come to terms with what I'm seeing in Requiem for a Dream, the violence is just unimaginable for me

That Jared Leto movie? That shit scarred me for life. I am permanently terrified of Keith David now. I can't for the life of me remember what movie or tv show it was (this dude is in a lot of stuff) but we were watching it and he came out and I was like "NOPE" I can't see him as anything other than that UberCreep now.
    Not that ha, it's a documentary on gun deaths in America. Watch it if you get a chance. Full title is Requiem for the Dead: An American Spring 2014

ugh I can't deal. When nothing changed after Sandy Hook I lost the capacity to give a shit anymore. Cuz I mean if THAT wasnt enough to change peoples minds and shock us into action then nothing ever fucking will be and I'm not in the habit of yelling at brick walls. We discussed it a bit in the amt. Whenever there's a new story I just go numb. I'm literally unable to process any emotional response. And I don't even live in a place where gun culture is a thing! I've never been anywhere near one!

But don't let it deter you from that Fulbright thing Jenny. I know the numbers look bad but I swear it's not all Americans that are gun mad it's just that the ones who ARE have enough weapons to arm the rest of us several times over.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    edited September 2015
    I'm feeling fine, listening to U2 live from Turin, amazing how well modern technology works
    Post edited by bluegrace on
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

ugh I can't deal. When nothing changed after Sandy Hook I lost the capacity to give a shit anymore. Cuz I mean if THAT wasnt enough to change peoples minds and shock us into action then nothing ever fucking will be and I'm not in the habit of yelling at brick walls. We discussed it a bit in the amt. Whenever there's a new story I just go numb. I'm literally unable to process any emotional response. And I don't even live in a place where gun culture is a thing! I've never been anywhere near one!

But don't let it deter you from that Fulbright thing Jenny. I know the numbers look bad but I swear it's not all Americans that are gun mad it's just that the ones who ARE have enough weapons to arm the rest of us several times over.
    Have to admit I would be more inclined to apply for the scholarship to teach in Canada instead. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get a chance to do either til 2017
  • ...feeling embarassed from past discussions I started...looked at some from 2010...anyone else have any remorse for pouring out too much of themselves on here?-----it also made me realize why karma has had its way with me these last few years--its never good to have such strong opinions when your life is a constant disaster...lesson learned.

...feeling embarassed from past discussions I started...looked at some from 2010...anyone else have any remorse for pouring out too much of themselves on here?-----it also made me realize why karma has had its way with me these last few years--its never good to have such strong opinions when your life is a constant disaster...lesson learned.

Don't beat yourself up over things you can't change......just try to be a better person. My rules are try to help others and try not to hurt anyone if you can help it.
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • ...feeling embarassed from past discussions I started...looked at some from 2010...anyone else have any remorse for pouring out too much of themselves on here?-----it also made me realize why karma has had its way with me these last few years--its never good to have such strong opinions when your life is a constant disaster...lesson learned.

Life is a learning experience. You are not supposed to have all the answers, or even any of the answers. Just focus on being kind - to others, and to yourself - and the rest will follow. I know you have had some pretty distressing things happen and you were probably coping as best you could.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

...feeling embarassed from past discussions I started...looked at some from 2010...anyone else have any remorse for pouring out too much of themselves on here?-----it also made me realize why karma has had its way with me these last few years--its never good to have such strong opinions when your life is a constant disaster...lesson learned.

While it might be embarrassing, and you might feel some remorse, hopefully looking back on those previous posts shows you how much you have grown and you can give your younger self some compassion. As oftenreading pointed out: you were doing the best you could.
    ELITIST FUK
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited September 2015
    SD48277 said:

While it might be embarrassing, and you might feel some remorse, hopefully looking back on those previous posts shows you how much you have grown and you can give your younger self some compassion. As oftenreading pointed out: you were doing the best you could.
    It does show me how much I've grown, and how I should practice what I preach...and saying my life is a constant disaster is an exaggeration. I am blessed. I don't want to take anything for granted.

Thanks for your advice.

Post edited by pickupyourwill on

Life is a learning experience. You are not supposed to have all the answers, or even any of the answers. Just focus on being kind - to others, and to yourself - and the rest will follow. I know you have had some pretty distressing things happen and you were probably coping as best you could.
    Thank you. :)
  • Jogill said:

Don't beat yourself up over things you can't change......just try to be a better person. My rules are try to help others and try not to hurt anyone if you can help it.
    Thank you. :)

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    tired and light headed but nice and warm because its such a gorgeous day..
    Spent. Went to visit a very old friend in an old peoples home. She's failing fast and it is very distressing watching someone losing their mind and dignity.....
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    ^^I'm so sorry for that. Still, I think it's a good thing you went to visit.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    tired but glad winter is over
    im not cold anymore
    Tired. Just woke up on Monday morning at 7 am. Ever wondered why you wake up early on weekends and not tired when you don't need to go to work but when it's a work day you wake up tired.

tired and so much needs doing
    In a few minds about my future plans for 2016
    Jogill said:

Anything exciting??
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

Jogill said:

Anything exciting??
    Actually, very exciting!!! I have a whole year off work starting dec 18 2015 till Jan 28 2017. I am travelling almost all year, snowboarding for 3 months in US, hiking in Rocky mountains, doing some sightseeing in National parks, surfing in Australia. All this and selling my house before the year ends because prices are high right now and I really dont need anywhere to live almost all year. When I'm home for odd weeks I have lots of freinds and family to put me up.
    Jogill said:

SD48277 said:

Jogill said:

Anything exciting??
    Actually, very exciting!!! I have a whole year off work starting dec 18 2015 till Jan 28 2017. I am travelling almost all year, snowboarding for 3 months in US, hiking in Rocky mountains, doing some sightseeing in National parks, surfing in Australia. All this and selling my house before the year ends because prices are high right now and I really dont need anywhere to live almost all year. When I'm home for odd weeks I have lots of freinds and family to put me up.
    That is very cool! Hopefully the band will tour so you can do some traveling around shows, or see some shows around your traveling. Are you in Australia?
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

Jogill said:

SD48277 said:

Jogill said:

Anything exciting??
    That is very cool! Hopefully the band will tour so you can do some traveling around shows, or see some shows around your traveling. Are you in Australia?
    Yes, actually that was what I was hoping, it would be great to see them on my travels!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Jogill said:

SD48277 said:

Jogill said:

Anything exciting??
    Sweet! I lived in Banff for a while back in the 90s - if you're going there (you should, but only in the summer. Banff to Jasper = most beautiful place in the world) and have any questions, feel free to ask.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Grateful!

Yes I spend alot of time in Montana near Glacier NP and think that's one of the most beautiful places on the planet. So next year I will be searching for more of the same. Thanks for the heads up and i will ask when start to get organised!
    mentally tired as always but satisfied
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    tired and disoriented
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    a tad bummed...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,618
    RKCNDY said:

a tad bummed...

Sorry to hear that. I hope things get better for you soon!

I'm feeling stunned and overwhelmed after just having finished reading Kent Nerburn's amazing book, Chief Joseph & the Flight of the Nez Perce: The Untold Story of an American Tragedy, one of those books that just leaves you flattened. Will stand as one of my favorite reads, no doubt.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Pretty pumped. I"m doing the favourite part of my job, marking exams!