Options

How you feeling right now???

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,284
    so i'm told. since 2010 ive been told "this will be your year" and honestly, fuck that, it has NOT been. things have SUCKED. a whole load of shit, on so many levels. however, i am still really trying, REALLY trying, not to get overwhelmed with the negativity, i HAVE had a lot of joyous things in my life these past 3 years too. i am still overall healthy, i still have my home, not destitute (yet, haha, yikes) so really need to put things in perspective.

on the other hand. FUCK. THREE years of BS!!! :evil:
    i'm really sorry to hear that. all you can do is keep trying. perserverance is very important.

i have had some joyous things happen. like last weekend was the best weekend i have ever had. even better than wrigley weekend, which i never believed could be topped. last saturday and sunday were so great and 6 days later i am having the shittiest day i can remember. i had a decent month, but that all ended in the last 24 hours. i just wish i could keep the momentum going because something always happens to fucking derail the whole thing.

just focus on the good things. that is all you can do. you get knocked down, you get back up.

just remember, it is not how hard you fall, it is how high you bounce :mrgreen:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    so i'm told. since 2010 ive been told "this will be your year" and honestly, fuck that, it has NOT been. things have SUCKED. a whole load of shit, on so many levels. however, i am still really trying, REALLY trying, not to get overwhelmed with the negativity, i HAVE had a lot of joyous things in my life these past 3 years too. i am still overall healthy, i still have my home, not destitute (yet, haha, yikes) so really need to put things in perspective.

on the other hand. FUCK. THREE years of BS!!! :evil:
    i'm really sorry to hear that. all you can do is keep trying. perserverance is very important.

i have had some joyous things happen. like last weekend was the best weekend i have ever had. even better than wrigley weekend, which i never believed could be topped. last saturday and sunday were so great and 6 days later i am having the shittiest day i can remember. i had a decent month, but that all ended in the last 24 hours. i just wish i could keep the momentum going because something always happens to fucking derail the whole thing.

just focus on the good things. that is all you can do. you get knocked down, you get back up.

just remember, it is not how hard you fall, it is how high you bounce :mrgreen:

for whatever reason, i always imagined life getting "easier" with age. for me, i've found the opposite. and as i said, on the exterior, my life looks pretty damn good (and it is in many ways) but there is SO much else going on. eh well.

you're right, focus on the positives!!! i'm trying, i'm trying - i merely wish there were MORE of them, and a LOT more obvious! ;) haha. and let me say, some of my HAPPIEST life moments have occurred in the past 1.5 years, so i hear ya.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I'm trying to focus on the good things. There are a lot of good things in my life. I also know that many other people have problems far greater than mine.

I know things will be better. I tell myself that but unfortunately I want to know when! I think I'm focusing too much on the things that have gone wrong but I don't know how to get out of that rut.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,758

well I was up late washing sheets...but not for any good reason :? :lol: :fp:

spent this beautiful day at the beach...there is nothing that can't cure :D

:shock: Get better soon! I've been feeling kinda shaky the last couple of days too :? But I'm better, phew. I think Cav and I need a two-week vacation without any money or jobs on our minds ...

To think that back in Germany I used to have 5 weeks of paid vacation a year :fp:
    Thank you! I hope you feel better too. I downloaded an app to monitor my sleep and I sleep like shit :lol: Particularly on work nights and nights that Tim is home. :fp:
    That sounds interesting. I have serious sleeping probs a lot of the time. What's that app called?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:shock: Get better soon! I've been feeling kinda shaky the last couple of days too :? But I'm better, phew. I think Cav and I need a two-week vacation without any money or jobs on our minds ...

To think that back in Germany I used to have 5 weeks of paid vacation a year :fp:
    Thank you! I hope you feel better too. I downloaded an app to monitor my sleep and I sleep like shit :lol: Particularly on work nights and nights that Tim is home. :fp:
    That sounds interesting. I have serious sleeping probs a lot of the time. What's that app called?
    It's called sleep cycle. I mean I really sleep like shit! Even my good nights suck. Maybe I should cut out the caffeine :think: :?

:nono:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It's called sleep cycle. I mean I really sleep like shit! Even my good nights suck. Maybe I should cut out the caffeine :think: :?

I hear ya! I get profound insomnia - have for years - and I haven't had more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night in a week, and that's not that bad for me at all (a solid six hours is like a miracle). Once I went four days without being able to sleep at all. :shock: I've tried EVERYTHING. I am seriously considering going to a sleep clinic. But you might be glad to hear that cutting out coffee may not be necessary (but give it a try to see). I cut out coffee, and it has literally not helped my sleep at all. Apparently, 25% of people with serious insomnia are never able to figure out why it's happening, no matter what kind of medical or psychological.steps they take. :? But it's a bad thing to have. Sleep is how the body repairs and maintains itself. Long term problems can have a major negative health impact the older we get. :(

Good luck sleeping!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,284
    for whatever reason, i always imagined life getting "easier" with age. for me, i've found the opposite. and as i said, on the exterior, my life looks pretty damn good (and it is in many ways) but there is SO much else going on. eh well.

you're right, focus on the positives!!! i'm trying, i'm trying - i merely wish there were MORE of them, and a LOT more obvious! ;) haha. and let me say, some of my HAPPIEST life moments have occurred in the past 1.5 years, so i hear ya.
    i don't really think that life gets any easier with age. but at some point we stop having kid problems and start having a new set of adult problems. and the adult ones are a lot bigger than the ones when we are 20. you just have to face them and try to solve them.

i know when you are down it is hard to focus on the positives. it is really easy to feel defeated, but you can't allow yourself to feel that way.

why do i have such a fucking hard time taking my own advice??
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I hear ya! I get profound insomnia - have for years - and I haven't had more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night in a week, and that's not that bad for me at all (a solid six hours is like a miracle). Once I went four days without being able to sleep at all. :shock: I've tried EVERYTHING. I am seriously considering going to a sleep clinic. But you might be glad to hear that cutting out coffee may not be necessary (but give it a try to see). I cut out coffee, and it has literally not helped my sleep at all. Apparently, 25% of people with serious insomnia are never able to figure out why it's happening, no matter what kind of medical or psychological.steps they take. :? But it's a bad thing to have. Sleep is how the body repairs and maintains itself. Long term problems can have a major negative health impact the older we get. :(

Good luck sleeping!!

Thanks! Good luck to you too. I'd be fine with decaf...I just love coffee :oops: :lol: I fall asleep so quickly...I think I wear myself out so much that I just collapse into bed. My sleep is restless though and I spend half the night feeling semi-awake. I blame the cat and Tim mostly. Apparently the other night I hit him in my sleep and yelled "STOP DOING THAT!!!" He swears he was just lying there and not doing anything...but I think he's lying :lol: He talks in his sleep, grinds his teeth, and unconsciously touches me inappropriately :roll: so I think it's his fault. I always process work stuff in my sleep...sometimes it's helpful, but mostly it just sucks.

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Thanks! Good luck to you too. I'd be fine with decaf...I just love coffee :oops: :lol: I fall asleep so quickly...I think I wear myself out so much that I just collapse into bed. My sleep is restless though and I spend half the night feeling semi-awake. I blame the cat and Tim mostly. Apparently the other night I hit him in my sleep and yelled "STOP DOING THAT!!!" He swears he was just lying there and not doing anything...but I think he's lying :lol: He talks in his sleep, grinds his teeth, and unconsciously touches me inappropriately :roll: so I think it's his fault. I always process work stuff in my sleep...sometimes it's helpful, but mostly it just sucks.

:lol::lol: Does Tim snore? That is what is keeping me awake sometimes ... I usually sleep with earplugs, and the summer was a relief from that because the sound of the air condition was so soothing that I didn't need any plugs anymore...
    I usually can sleep very well. My problem is that we stay awake too long and have to get up too early. Cav is a night owl...

Have you and PJ_Soul too - ever considered doing yoga? And yes, insomnia is very unhealthy. Have you ever watched that movie Insomnia? :shock: I think it describes the feelings you have quite accurately... I hope you both will have a good weekend full of satisfying sleeps :wave:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Good luck sleeping!!

:lol::lol::lol: That is hilarious! Poor Zoso! :lol: But yeah, cats and other people in the bed just doesn't help at all!

My prob is not being able to fall asleep. my body just doesn't want to sleep until 3 in the morning or later.
    A natural and incurable night owl, even with meds, melatonin, routine, etc, no matter how tired I am. So frustrating.... this is a problem because I have to wake up at 7 for work. so the solution is, obviously, to not have a job. :P
  • Options

:lol::lol: Does Tim snore? That is what is keeping me awake sometimes ... I usually sleep with earplugs, and the summer was a relief from that because the sound of the air condition was so soothing that I didn't need any plugs anymore...
    I usually can sleep very well. My problem is that we stay awake too long and have to get up too early. Cav is a night owl...

Have you and PJ_Soul too - ever considered doing yoga? And yes, insomnia is very unhealthy. Have you ever watched that movie Insomnia? :shock: I think it describes the feelings you have quite accurately... I hope you both will have a good weekend full of satisfying sleeps :wave:
    Thanks! ... yoga you say... :think: Can my pride take the hit? It would be pretty ugly, lol! :think: ;)

I have seen insomnia. yikes! :lol: I more relate with Ed Norton in Fight Club. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Good luck sleeping!!

:lol::lol::lol: That is hilarious! Poor Zoso! :lol: But yeah, cats and other people in the bed just doesn't help at all!

My prob is not being able to fall asleep. my body just doesn't want to sleep until 3 in the morning or later.
    A natural and incurable night owl, even with meds, melatonin, routine, etc, no matter how tired I am. So frustrating.... this is a problem because I have to wake up at 7 for work. so the solution is, obviously, to not have a job. :P
    At least I didn't leave any bruises :lol:

I am a natural night owl too. But I have to be up early...and even when I have off I don't want to miss the day...so I don't sleep much. I don't think I need as much sleep as other people :? :lol: I sleep great on planes, trains and automobiles though. I think it's the movement and the fact that I'm trapped and can't really do anything else. I'm a horrible driving companion...10 minutes in and I'm out like a light...but I get to the destination feeling refreshed and full of energy :lol:

• Options

No - fortunately he doesn't really snore. Only sometimes a little if he has a cold/allergies and is lying on his back. Then I just kick him or shake him so he'll turn on his side and he stops :oops: :lol: He's sleeping on the couch right now and I might leave him there :think: :lol: White noise is a great idea...when I was younger I always slept with the sound of a fan, but I haven't done that in a really long time.

I do yoga occasionally. I should probably do it more regularly. I try to do some progressive muscle relaxation before bed and that usually helps.

hoping nice, sound, satisfying rest for you both :)

• Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I am feeling that this recent wine kick I am on is turning me slowly into a woman..

A List Of Things To Do Tomorrow:

1.) Buy beer you fucking pussy

2.) Drink it..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Caveeze wrote:
    I am feeling that this recent wine kick I am on is slowly making me even more adorable..

1.) Go to the Polish market and buy some Hungarian ham and some real good European buns

2.) Have a feast with my lovely wife.

:mrgreen: Smooch!
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Caveeze wrote:
    I am feeling that this recent wine kick I am on is slowly making me even more adorable..

1.) Go to the Polish market and buy some Hungarian ham and some real good European buns

2.) Have a feast with my lovely wife.

:mrgreen: Smooch!

Ya, maybe right after I sack up and kill a sixer of the good stuff :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    at work..kinda bored
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    "I'm drooowning in my nostalghia" Reminiscing old times, good times...
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    disappointed...frustrated...and still really worn out

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    just had a looong bath, so feeling relaxed and wonderful.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    Comfortable and relaxed. :)
    We just got home from a delicious dinner out.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    Pissed off beyond belief!!!! The cable company and local TV station can't figure shit out (contract issues) so now I can't watch the Packers!!! Time to drop Time Warner cable! Two weeks of this shit!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    sleepy
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    woke up feeling crappy...now I'm enjoying a post-workout high. Funny how that happens

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    woke up feeling crappy...now I'm enjoying a post-workout high. Funny how that happens

I feel like I need some of that! If only I could peel myself out of this chair.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options

it's weird...I didn't even think I'd be able to get through the workout and now I feel amazing. Gotta love endorphins :lol:

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788

it's weird...I didn't even think I'd be able to get through the workout and now I feel amazing. Gotta love endorphins :lol:

I know you speak the truth...but this chair is so comfy. :lol: you have inspired me though so I'm up. See you all later!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    Unmotivated...I have things to do today (laundry, grocery shopping, etc.) and just can't bring myself around to do them.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Excellent. I get another request concert at PJ Radio tomorrow, from Sweden in June 1992. I was there and now I get to hear it again! :mrgreen:
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Not to frigg'in good right now. I need a change and I don't know how
    to go about it. Stuck in a rut if you know what I mean. It's overwhelming me.
    I feel so alone with my thoughts,and no means of expressing them. :(