Syracuse Scandal....?

g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Here we go again...I didn't think this accusation would come to anything but it appears to NOT be the case.

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/ ... uWOsw.cspx

Syracuse fires longtime assistant coach Bernie Fine after another person steps forward to say he was also molested by Fine.

Bernie Fine Wife Abuse Concerns on Tape

Another fine mess....how many more schools are out there with their possible secrets?

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Clearly, they need to shut the school down.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • It's definitely a more interesting case now than it was when it first broke. I still don't believe that Davis was abused until he was 27, but it sounds like he was abused at some point if that tape is to be believed. It seems like the tape is legitimate since the school fired him right after it was released. I know ESPN had an expert analyze the voice and it matches Fine's wife. I haven't seen if it's been checked out for evidence of editing, but I guess it has been or else the school wouldn't have made the move to fire him.

This new accuser is another weird situation in this case. He's been charged with molesting a minor in Maine, he's accusing Fine of molesting him when he was 14, and his dad says his story is a lie. Either the dad's in serious denial about it or the guy is trying to capitalize on the story. Either way, it's disturbing. The guy says he traveled with Fine for a Syracuse road game and sat just a few rows behind the Syracuse bench. Knowing the date of the game, it should be easy to find footage from the game and see if the kid was in the crowd.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    81 wrote:

not a "school", cesspool is the term you're looking for.

But really, this case seems odd.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    81 wrote:

not a "school", cesspool is the term you're looking for.

But really, this case seems odd.

thank you...

Clearly, they need to shut this cesspool down.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    :lol:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Bizarre situation. I would think where there's smoke, there's fire. Boeheim's initial remarks were pretty unfortunate. While I don't have nearly the connection to Syracuse as I do Penn State, I grew up in the area and have always been a fan of the school and sports program. I'll be following this closely. Could you imagine if Paterno and Boeheim are both brought down by child abuse within a few months of each other?
  • Boeheim issued an apology for remarks he made when the story broke. He had accused the alleged victim of only going public so he can sue the school in the wake of the Penn State scandal. I'm sure a lot of people thought the same thing at the time, but as the Head Coach and public face of the program he should have been smart enough to say very little about the case at that time. If he felt the need to publicly support Fine he should have limited his comments to something like, "I do not believe the allegations are true. The school investigated this in 2005 and found no evidence to support the charges." I know he did make some comments to that effect but the comments about it being a cash grab make him look incredibly stupid now that there's audio that allegedly has Fine's wife acknowledging his alleged actions.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,555
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bizarre situation. I would think where there's smoke, there's fire. Boeheim's initial remarks were pretty unfortunate. While I don't have nearly the connection to Syracuse as I do Penn State, I grew up in the area and have always been a fan of the school and sports program. I'll be following this closely. Could you imagine if Paterno and Boeheim are both brought down by child abuse within a few months of each other?

jeez, your college football team and now your basketball team.

watch--next month some scandal will break out involving brian cashman. :lol:

in all seriousness, i'm at the point where i am too disgusted to hear anymore more about either scandal. so depressing.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

jeez, your college football team and now your basketball team.

in all seriousness, i'm at the point where i am too disgusted to hear anymore more about either scandal. so depressing.

I know dude, what the hell? And two scandals like this? Why can't it just be paying players and shit.

Deadspin had an affair thing on Cashman recently that didn't seem to pick up much traction, fortunately. :lol:

It's horrible, man. As sickening as it gets.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Boeheim issued an apology for remarks he made when the story broke. He had accused the alleged victim of only going public so he can sue the school in the wake of the Penn State scandal. I'm sure a lot of people thought the same thing at the time, but as the Head Coach and public face of the program he should have been smart enough to say very little about the case at that time. If he felt the need to publicly support Fine he should have limited his comments to something like, "I do not believe the allegations are true. The school investigated this in 2005 and found no evidence to support the charges." I know he did make some comments to that effect but the comments about it being a cash grab make him look incredibly stupid now that there's audio that allegedly has Fine's wife acknowledging his alleged actions.

I thought when Boeheim first made his remarks he needed to be careful unless HE was with this man Fine 24-7. If that's not the case then be atleast careful, very careful in statements you may make. Now all it seems he's done is inflame the potential victims similar to the inflaming things Sandusky said in his on air interview.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    current student up here at cuse...no one has really taken to it like the penn state students did. however, everyone is on edge. we're more concerned that information about boeheim doesn't come out and that he is actually telling the truth.

as for this school being a cesspool...obviously you were not given the opportunity to receive an education as highly regarded as the one that i am receiving.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    current student up here at cuse...no one has really taken to it like the penn state students did. however, everyone is on edge. we're more concerned that information about boeheim doesn't come out and that he is actually telling the truth.

as for this school being a cesspool...obviously you were not given the opportunity to receive an education as highly regarded as the one that i am receiving.

It's all about Boeheim and whether this becomes a bigger story/issue. Am sure things will all change depending on what happens over the next few weeks. I would think that the story about him seeing Davis in Fine's room is BS with how aggressive his inital remarks were.

As for the cesspool, thats a carry over joke from the Penn State thread, don't take offense.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,941

a dave stewart situation :shock: ? (it's amazing DS has rebounded to the point that he's now matt kemp's agent)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • So far it seems like Boeheim isn't being accused of a cover-up. He made some stupid comments and has taken some heat for that--and I don't think it was lost on his bosses, which is probably one of the reasons why the announcement of Fine's firing was worded, "At the direction of Chancellor Cantor, Bernie Fine's employment with Syracuse University has been terminated."

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    Isn't it ironic that Michael Jackson was the poster boy for this shit(rightfully so in many regards) mainly because he looked and acted like a weirdo

But all these jocks skated by for so many years...... As did these priests because of our sick relationships with such authority figures. Fuck these programs. Your protecting child rapists u sick bastards.

You need to break this stuff down to the least common denominater. Boehim had to know IMO, as did paterno.

And the pope comes out yesterday as he saw the opportunity to show the world.... Look it's not just the church. Not just the church?? Great leadership you asshat! Tell us exactly what you did o great wizard of the Vatican to held victims out?? ( I'm catholic btw)

We build these institutions up to this ridiculous level. What's wrong with us?
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Isn't it ironic that Michael Jackson was the poster boy for this shit

i thought the catholic church was the poster boy for playing with little boys.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    81 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Isn't it ironic that Michael Jackson was the poster boy for this shit

i thought the catholic church was the poster boy for playing with little boys.

Michael was way before the shit hit the fan with the church.

I know the church stuff happened dating back to the 60's and before, but didn't really see the light of day till way after michael who faced the allegations in the early 90's
  • CNN is reporting that Fine's wife will acknowledge that it's her voice on the tape given to ESPN but that the audio released is several different conversations edited together to make it seem like she was admitting that Fine molested Davis. The Secret Service is apparently helping the US Attorney's office and Syracuse police analyze the recording. Davis provided a local paper with a copy of the recording in 2002 but never gave it to the school when he reported it to them. The paper didn't run with the story because they said they couldn't find any other witnesses and Fine's wife told them the recording was edited. I haven't heard the recording so I don't know if it sounds like it's been chopped up or not or if the things she said could possibly have been misconstrued if edited out of context, but it will be interesting to see if this winds up being the real deal.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,555
    imalive wrote:

a dave stewart situation :shock: ? (it's amazing DS has rebounded to the point that he's now matt kemp's agent)

what was his scandal again? i loved watching him pitch back in the day.

didn't realize he was an agent either.
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,941
    imalive wrote:

what was his scandal again? i loved watching him pitch back in the day.

didn't realize he was an agent either.
    just your run of the mill BJ from a transvestite hooker :lol:

and....I know this isn't fair......but bernie fine LOOKS like a guy who might go for young boys.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Pittsburgh police are going to investigate Fine once they receive info from the Syracuse PD about the guy who said Fine took him there for a Syracuse road game when he was 14.