Trade my sealed PJ20 Delux DVD for your open one?

js261067js261067 Posts: 125
edited December 2011 in Lost Dogs
Guys. I missed the limited edition sale (don't get me started on that) and simply wanted to watch "the kids are alright" on top of the extended cut of the film.
So, I have bought a sealed copy off eBay for quite a lot of money and the second I open it to watch, it's value tumbles.
So
I wonder if there's anyone on here who has bought and watched Thier copy and regretted opening it. If so, I am looking to trade my sealed copy for your open copy + cash to go towards covering my outlay

Would this interest anybody?
Regards
Mook
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    No interest?
  • bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,081
    Just be happy you have it. I would love to have a copy of this to give to my brother-in-law for Christmas. Do you plan on selling this someday? Probably not. Just open it watch it and enjoy it...if you decide to sell at a reasonable price, please let me know. I would love to have your problem right now.
  • js261067 wrote:
    I am looking to trade my sealed copy for your open copy + cash to go towards covering my outlay

wait im a bit confused here. are you asking to trade the for the same thing: yours (sealed) for someone else's (opened) + cash to go towards covering your outlay

by outlay do you mean shipping? Or do you want them to fork over the amt you got taken for on ebay above the list price...for the same exact item they already have in their hands?

just wondering
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    js261067 wrote:
    I am looking to trade my sealed copy for your open copy + cash to go towards covering my outlay

wait im a bit confused here. are you asking to trade the for the same thing: yours (sealed) for someone else's (opened) + cash to go towards covering your outlay

by outlay do you mean shipping? Or do you want them to fork over the amt you got taken for on ebay above the list price...for the same exact item they already have in their hands?

just wondering

I think he is asking some one to reimburse him for what he paid for the DVD. I think he may have a bit of buyers remorse and at the same time trying to help some one out with getting them a sealed copy. I would be interested if I was in the position. I think its pretty cool of him to ask before opening it :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • why didn't you just buy an open one? There are plenty of those on the auction site as well :idea:
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    dwhite76 wrote:
    js261067 wrote:

just wondering

I think he is asking some one to reimburse him for what he paid for the DVD. I think he may have a bit of buyers remorse and at the same time trying to help some one out with getting them a sealed copy. I would be interested if I was in the position. I think its pretty cool of him to ask before opening it :D

Nope, Jimbo has it right

He has: Sealed copy
    He wants: Open copy + indeterminate amount of cash
  • Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    [/quote]wait im a bit confused here. are you asking to trade the for the same thing: yours (sealed) for someone else's (opened) + cash to go towards covering your outlay

just wondering[/quote]

I think he is asking some one to reimburse him for what he paid for the DVD. I think he may have a bit of buyers remorse and at the same time trying to help some one out with getting them a sealed copy. I would be interested if I was in the position. I think its pretty cool of him to ask before opening it :D[/quote]

Nope, Jimbo has it right

He has: Sealed copy
    He wants: Open copy + indeterminate amount of cash[/quote]
    = Buyer's remorse.

But that's ok we've all been there
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Thats' why I open EVERYTHING right away.
    I can at least enjoy it (or try to), If I don't like something, I will sell the opened whatever-it-is on ebay.

All these people that but things, and leave them sealed... it is useless the entire time you maintain posession.

AND I would prefer to buy an opened White backspacer than a sealed one... for 2 reasons.

A. I know what I'm getting.
    B. I don't have to stare at something that I'm too afraid to open (I can spin it). Plus, what does that do for your resale anyway?
    I mean, if you buy something sealed, and leave it sealed, then lets say you sell it and the buyer opens it and says "Hey this is a black Backspacer MotherFucker!!!" Well, then how do you know if he is telling the truth or lying???
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Thats' why I open EVERYTHING right away.
    I can at least enjoy it (or try to), If I don't like something, I will sell the opened whatever-it-is on ebay.

All these people that but things, and leave them sealed... it is useless the entire time you maintain posession.

AND I would prefer to buy an opened White backspacer than a sealed one... for 2 reasons.

A. I know what I'm getting.
    B. I don't have to stare at something that I'm too afraid to open (I can spin it). Plus, what does that do for your resale anyway?
    I mean, if you buy something sealed, and leave it sealed, then lets say you sell it and the buyer opens it and says "Hey this is a black Backspacer MotherFucker!!!" Well, then how do you know if he is telling the truth or lying???

I started that thread about the no difference in White/Black Back Spacer :lol: I just closed my eyes and opened the White Back Spacer. I had to. I just had to see if it was realy White :lol: I basically bit the bullet for my buddy who ordered one with me. But you never know if some black ones DID get mixed in with the White ones :lol: Open away folks :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    I'm an enthusiast, not a collector but I know there are collectors on here too afraid to open Thier copy. I will open mine but since there weren't any open ones on eBay I bought a sealed one. Since you can't buy them anymore I figured someone who has opened and watchedtheir copy might regret doing so and want a sealed copy for Thier collection. Rather than them buying another copy for silly money I wondered if someone wanted to split the difference between what I paid and what an open one is worth. It's no panic, just thought I'd ask before I go ahead and watch my copy

Mook
  • MEP22MEP22 Posts: 7
    Mook,

I'm looking for a copy of the Deluxe DVD. I screwed up my order....wasn't paying attention, not reading closely, going too fast, blah, blah, blah.... So now I'm without a copy of the Deluxe DVD....sealed or open :( Are you only looking to swap with someone or would you be willing to sell your copy? Please let me know, because I'm very interested if you're looking to sell yours. Thanks, Mary