Mass produced beer

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Bud
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    if by mass produced you mean crappy american piss, then no.

If your including imported beers that are mass produced, then I would say Hoegarden for me. and an american mass produced beer I'd go with nearly anything from Brooklyn brewery.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • if by mass produced you mean crappy american piss, then no.

If your including imported beers that are mass produced, then I would say Hoegarden for me. and an american mass produced beer I'd go with nearly anything from Brooklyn brewery.

It's Hoegaarden. Trust me, I'm Belgian... ;)

And if you like that, you should try this :

brugs-witbier-e1293193848626.jpg?w=222&h=300
  • if by mass produced you mean crappy american piss, then no.
    Couldn't agree more!
    The million dollar ads with pretty horses or claims of being "triple" hopped don't convince you to drink them so you will be cool like Keith Stone?
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    For American, pounding them all day beers, I'd probably stick with Bud. Brewed in St. Louis. Better quality water there.

For European beers, I'd probably go with Newcastle Brown, if that counts as mass produced.

For mass produced elsewhere, I'm a big fan of Cusquena, a Peruvian brew.

Guinness is over-rated, but I'll drink it. I'm a big American micro-brew fan. There are several better stouts made in the good old U.S. of A. than Guinness.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    if by mass produced you mean crappy american piss, then no.

It's Hoegaarden. Trust me, I'm Belgian... ;)

And if you like that, you should try this :

brugs-witbier-e1293193848626.jpg?w=222&h=300

looks like hoegAARden with a different name. Ill try it next time I see it at a liquor store.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    If we're going with mass-produced, non-craft beer (eliminating Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, Anchor, etc.), I'm going with Miller High Life. I would go with Yuengling, but I'm not sure they'd be considered mass-produced since they only distribute to select states east of the Mississippi.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    just realized who the OP was.... I'm starting to realize were polar opposites. :lol:
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Sierra Nevada.
    They can do no wrong.

As far as American Piss goes....I'd go with Bud Light. It's slightly better than Miller and Coors.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    mca47 wrote:
    Sierra Nevada.
    They can do no wrong.
    TORPEDO!! that shit is gold!!

I like Bell's Two Hearted Ale the best.. my wallet hates it..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Corona...with lime...ice cold on a hot day in the sun. Only under these conditions will I drink mass produced swill.
    Will not drink Bud, Coors, Canadian, Kokanee, MGD...I didn't even like beer until I found craft brews.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    miller lite.

i don't care what anyone says, i love me some corona too :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Yeah, if you are going with a beer you can get anywhere, and I mean anywhere, I'll have to go with Budweiser. When you need a beer you can endure all day, you can't go wrong with it then either.
  • I've drank enough Miller Lite in my life to float a fleet of aircraft carriers.
    I haven't had one in 3 months though.
    More recently, my go-to has been Dos Equis or Heineken
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    so in honor of DS's big day, i choose to join him in his mich ultra swilling beer fest

what a mistake.

Mich Ultra is about as watery as a beer can be. almost to the point that i would prefer a milwaukee's best, or egad, a old style. zero taste....it's like drinkign water that had beer sprinkled over it

now i know some of you are going to say, i'm only sayin this to take a shot at DS. i only wish that was the case.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    so in honor of DS's big day, i choose to join him in his mich ultra swilling beer fest

what a mistake.

Mich Ultra is about as watery as a beer can be. almost to the point that i would prefer a milwaukee's best, or egad, a old style. zero taste....it's like drinkign water that had beer sprinkled over it

now i know some of you are going to say, i'm only sayin this to take a shot at DS. i only wish that was the case.

You're only saying this to take a shot at DS.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:

what a mistake.

you've been spoiled by your elitist swill.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

what a mistake.

you've been spoiled by your elitist swill.

#fact :lol:

i just realized, i can never be poor again.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    i have loads of free (& cheap) beer in my fridge.....

i've been enjoying the hell out of it tonight. :lol: :crazy:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mfc2006 wrote:

Word up homie! 8-):lol:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    DS1119 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Word up homie! 8-):lol:

damn right. i've been packing & working all day......

i'm off tomorrow & my wife isn't home.

cheap beer, blaring some vinyl & recording some demos......hell yes. :twisted:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    mfc2006 wrote:

Save some of that beer for Friday...or we'll have the same problem we did last week! :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Weab76Weab76 Posts: 55
    Becks
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

The only time you should ever drink a beer with the word light in its name it if its before noon and you are at a ball game, on a golf course or in a fishing boat and the day will involve drinking many, many beers.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    What is it with Latinos and Heineken?

My girlfriends family, it's the only beer they drink, wether I'm at her parents or uncles, or cousins.. They have parties every weekend in the summer and I have yet to come across any other beer.

If I'm being cheap, I'm ok with MGD. Goose Island used to be my favorite microbrew until they got bought out by Budweiser.

Other than that, I love my microbrews. Two brothers makes some good beers. So does Rock Bottom, but I'm not sure if that's a chain or not.
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Enjoyed some Natty Boh's at the O's games a few weeks back... When in Rome...
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Would you consider Yuengling a mass produced beer so it's not available everywhere? I enjoy Yuengling and Yuengling Light if I'm trying to do better.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    Get_Right wrote:
    The only time you should ever drink a beer with the word light in its name it if its before noon and you are at a ball game, on a golf course or in a fishing boat and the day will involve drinking many, many beers.

Nope, that's what mexican import beer is for.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    Would you consider Yuengling a mass produced beer so it's not available everywhere? I enjoy Yuengling and Yuengling Light if I'm trying to do better.

i would file it under mass.....and just above mich ultra.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg